PDA

View Full Version : Looking for software

massman
12-22-2008, 01:03 PM
I am a weekend warrior (i.e don't want to spend more on the program than on my wagers) and looking for a program that would have a lot of trainer stats and some pace figures. I have tried looking for one but none have been reasonable. Does anyone have any suggestios?

cmoore
12-22-2008, 01:36 PM
I am a weekend warrior (i.e don't want to spend more on the program than on my wagers) and looking for a program that would have a lot of trainer stats and some pace figures. I have tried looking for one but none have been reasonable. Does anyone have any suggestios?

Here's a link to the advantage plan at tsnhorse..I use procaps to compare pace,class and race ratings mostly. I don't use the models that it creates very much.

http://www.tsnhorse.com/cgi-bin/static.cgi?page=advantage

raybo
12-23-2008, 03:32 PM

Bris has the MultiCaps program, which is basically a pace program but has trainer stats also. It's free and the data files are $3 per card unless you're a silver member, then it's $1 or it used to be, as a silver member you are required to spend at least $30 per month on data. So, if you played 10 cards per month as a regular member you would spend the required $30 anyway so might as well be a silver member.

MultiCaps and ProCaps from TSN are the same program, and they both have databases that allow you to build models and customize so that you get basically what you want from it. It tracks your hit% and ROI, too, for the top ranked horse, top 2 ranked horses, and top 3 ranked horses.

Not a bad place to start, if you're looking for commercial handicapping software, and the price is right!

takeout
12-24-2008, 03:49 AM
If you really want to “bare bones it” to start, and you don’t play a whole lot of tracks, just download the free pp generator from TSN and run a fifty-cent data file through it and see what you think. Of course you won’t get any of the modeling stuff and like that.

raybo
12-24-2008, 07:23 AM
Another cost efficient method would be to create your own, Excel, If you have it on your machine, can be automated to your heart's content and could use any data in comma-delimited file format, like Bris or TSN, among others.

DanG
12-24-2008, 07:39 AM
I admit to bias; but I still think even for a weekend player HTR (for example) is still an incredible value for the weekend player at $4 bucks a day for every track in North America.

You will get trainer / pace data up the wazoo not to mention about 9,000 other goodies that may take you down roads you never dreamed. Even just playing on weekends it’s still good to have all the charts / profiles of what’s happening all week to stay acquainted with your circuit.

Enjoy your holidays Mass.

Murph
12-24-2008, 07:48 AM
I am a weekend warrior (i.e don't want to spend more on the program than on my wagers) and looking for a program that would have a lot of trainer stats and some pace figures. I have tried looking for one but none have been reasonable. Does anyone have any suggestios?http://www.thorostats.com (http://www.thorostats.com/)

AQU races are no charge for the time being. Unique trainer stats included.

BigJake
01-20-2009, 11:29 PM
The DRF Formulator is good for trainer stats. I was amazed at what you could dig into. I've only bought it once, and ran into the problem of having too much to decifer. If you know exactly what your looking for it may be better for you.

I am also with Raybo, the Infotran program (or Excel 2007) with a $1.00 data file will give you all the information you could ever hope for.

laff
01-22-2009, 08:48 PM
Colt Cannon has a free program called Race Prophet. Uses TSN or Bris files. It might be ok for getting started.

AAcoolguy
01-24-2009, 11:21 PM
Another cost efficient method would be to create your own, Excel, If you have it on your machine, can be automated to your heart's content and could use any data in comma-delimited file format, like Bris or TSN, among others.

I am very interested in making my own excell program but have no idea where to start. How would I go about it?

Also, I use the TSN PP generator with the .50 cent data files, I have found that I can download the file and run it through the generator everyday and not feel like I have to play the entire card. When I spend two or three dollars, and now six dollars for the hard copy of the DRF, I want to bet as many races as I can to "get my money's worth". Spending .50 cents a day is no problem and I am able to keep up with whats happening at my track, I have even gone days without betting because I didn't find a race worth betting. It's a great tool for developing my disipline.

raybo
01-25-2009, 07:19 AM
I am very interested in making my own excell program but have no idea where to start. How would I go about it?

Also, I use the TSN PP generator with the .50 cent data files, I have found that I can download the file and run it through the generator everyday and not feel like I have to play the entire card. When I spend two or three dollars, and now six dollars for the hard copy of the DRF, I want to bet as many races as I can to "get my money's worth". Spending .50 cents a day is no problem and I am able to keep up with whats happening at my track, I have even gone days without betting because I didn't find a race worth betting. It's a great tool for developing my disipline.

I know what you mean about "getting your money's worth".

I would suggest you, first, decide what you want your final handicapping/printout area to look like before doing anything else. Mine was originally designed to look very similar to the Daily Racing Form, although I have modified the layout quite a bit over the years, and I include only what I want to see and use, as well as my own numbers.

I'll upload a screenshot of my printout area so you can see some of what is possible with Excel. If you are interested in creating your own spreadsheet just PM me and I'll help you get started.