PDA

View Full Version : New Conservative Radio Host goes live in March

JustRalph
12-22-2008, 11:02 AM
This should be fun. I like John Gibson.........too.........if they split the stations.......it would be nice.

http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/content_display/news/local-broadcast/e3id64fe7b10f6b9e96a4fc9daa62403d69

Westwood One Signs Fred Thompson
For two hours each day, Thompson will share his views on politics and other topics, along with guest interviews and listener phone calls
Dec 22, 2008
-By Katy Bachman
http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/31500/Fred-Thompson-for-President--31931.jpg

Westwood One has signed former Senator and one-time presidential candidate Fred Thompson to host a daily national radio to replace the loss of Bill O'Reilly. The Fred Thompson Show is slated to debut on March 2, 2009.

For two hours each day, Thompson will share his views on politics and other topics, along with guest interviews and listener phone calls.

"There is no prerequisite for a great talk show host, but if I were going to make one up, senator, presidential candidate, federal prosecutor, radio commentator, film and TV star would be a pretty good start," said Bart Tessler, executive vp of news and talk programming for Westwood One.

~more at the link~

boxcar
12-22-2008, 11:21 AM
This should be fun. I like John Gibson.........too.........if they split the stations.......it would be nice.

http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/content_display/news/local-broadcast/e3id64fe7b10f6b9e96a4fc9daa62403d69

For two hours each day, Thompson will share his views on politics and other topics, along with guest interviews and listener phone calls
Dec 22, 2008
-By Katy Bachman
http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/31500/Fred-Thompson-for-President--31931.jpg

Westwood One has signed former Senator and one-time presidential candidate Fred Thompson to host a daily national radio to replace the loss of Bill O'Reilly. The Fred Thompson Show is slated to debut on March 2, 2009.

For two hours each day, Thompson will share his views on politics and other topics, along with guest interviews and listener phone calls.

"There is no prerequisite for a great talk show host, but if I were going to make one up, senator, presidential candidate, federal prosecutor, radio commentator, film and TV star would be a pretty good start," said Bart Tessler, executive vp of news and talk programming for Westwood One.

~more at the link~

He certainly should be an improvement over O'Reilly -- who is quitting the radio biz. (Thank the Lord for even small favors!)

Boxcar

jballscalls
12-22-2008, 11:39 AM
I'd take O'reilly over john gibson anyday of the week. will have to check out Thompson's show.

wonatthewire1
12-22-2008, 06:56 PM

Dec 22, 2008
-By Katy Bachman

~more at the link~

It doesn't say what time it will be on (?) - probably when I'm working to support all the losers on Social Sec, food stamps, welfare, and medicaid.

Thank god that dimcommie O'Liely is going to be off the air

JustRalph
12-22-2008, 07:06 PM
I'd take O'reilly over john gibson anyday of the week. will have to check out Thompson's show.

Gibson is completely different on his radio show. Much humor and his producer is basically a co-host. He is on Xm and some other places. The producer is "Angry Rich" and they do some good stuff. Tune in on Friday evenings for Gibson's "Hip Hop week in review" very funny sometimes.

You can listen to his show via the net here 6-9p
http://www.foxnews.com/radio/johngibsonradio/

I believe O'Reilly was on noon to 2p in most places........Fred Thompson will probably be the same.

It's going to be a fun 4 years.............

jballscalls
12-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Gibson is completely different on his radio show. Much humor and his producer is basically a co-host. He is on Xm and some other places. The producer is "Angry Rich" and they do some good stuff. Tune in on Friday evenings for Gibson's "Hip Hop week in review" very funny sometimes.

You can listen to his show via the net here 6-9p
http://www.foxnews.com/radio/johngibsonradio/

I believe O'Reilly was on noon to 2p in most places........Fred Thompson will probably be the same.

It's going to be a fun 4 years.............

I've never watched his TV show, that would require watching Fox. But i have heard his radio show. He just comes across as so smug, sarcastic, and condescending. He just seems like such a douchebag, sorry Ralph, just can't take him.

when are you getting a show?? now that i would listen to!

JustRalph
12-23-2008, 08:13 AM
when are you getting a show?? now that i would listen to!

be careful what you wish for............... :lol: :lol:

Hooligan
12-23-2008, 08:39 PM
30 years of Conservative Rule since Ronny Raygun.. has plunged this country into the worst Depression since 1929.

Yet.... Conservatives cling to failed ways and ideas?

Fred Thompson and Rudy Ghoulianni propose new radio programs?

highnote
12-23-2008, 09:24 PM
The more conservative commentators the better. The less market share Limbaugh has, the better.
:D

BlueShoe
12-23-2008, 10:40 PM
Besides O'reilly dropping his radio program,which imo is a big loss,we have lost another Conservative voice.Larry Elder is no longer on the air.While he is mostly a West Coast guy,perhaps not so well known in the East,in California he was very popular.A Libertarian/Conservative,he was one of the leading African American voices on the Right.

jballscalls
12-24-2008, 01:59 AM
in Portland we got Lars Larson, he's pretty entertaining for a conservative.

JustRalph
12-24-2008, 10:51 AM
What the hell happen to Elder? He was great. Good author too.........

JustRalph
12-24-2008, 10:53 AM
30 years of Conservative Rule since Ronny Raygun.. has plunged this country into the worst Depression since 1929.

If you can't see that economic cycles don't take 30 years........ then you are blind ............ Blaming the economy on either party is stupid. It takes more than a few to hold a square dance. And this economic downturn we are in now has many "callers" to blame.

I have fulfilled my homespun quota for today......Thank You!

ezrabrooks
12-24-2008, 11:07 AM

Your right...those Clinton years are pretty much a blurr..

Ez

Marshall Bennett
12-24-2008, 12:20 PM
Not to mention the millions ( medium & low income democrats as well ) that overextended their credit .

JustRalph
12-24-2008, 03:57 PM
anybody catch Bob Lonsberry filling in for Glenn Beck today? Lonsberry is great.......... I think anyway. I only get to hear him when he fills in for some of the big boys. But I like him.

jballscalls
12-24-2008, 05:55 PM
Not to mention the millions ( medium & low income democrats as well ) that overextended their credit .

was it only democrats that overextended their credit??

BlueShoe
12-24-2008, 06:52 PM
Quote,"What the hell happened to Elder?".The official line is that he had a contract dispute with his flagship station management,KABC Los Angeles AM790.It may go deeper.His departure was very sudden,an on air announcement that he was leaving that day.This is strictly speculation on my part,but imo it may be partly because of his on the air criticism of two other KABC talk show hosts.The two men,both self professed Conservatives,stated on the air that they had voted for Barrack Obama.Elder was long and loud with his criticism.Quite frankly,I was firmly on Elders side in this matter.Larry is very talented,so am sure that his services will be much in demand,and he will soon surface on another network.

Marshall Bennett
12-24-2008, 07:06 PM
was it only democrats that overextended their credit??
Read my quote : medium and low income democrats as well

jballscalls
12-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Read my quote : medium and low income democrats as well

got it, thanks

Tom
12-25-2008, 05:34 PM
anybody catch Bob Lonsberry filling in for Glenn Beck today? Lonsberry is great.......... I think anyway. I only get to hear him when he fills in for some of the big boys. But I like him.

I have him three hours a day - 11 am until Rush. He is something else.

He does a daily column on line....

http://www.lonsberry.com/index.cfm

dylbert
12-25-2008, 06:20 PM

Fred Thompson and Rudy Ghoulianni propose new radio programs?Did you miss eight years of Clinton Administration? Dems controlled House until 1994 -- over 40 years. In 2006, Dems gained majority in Senate.

So, I expect that by this time next year that new Administration will raise minimum wage, increase taxes oil & gas industry, eliminate coal industry, provide universal health care for all, ban internal combustion engines, repeal NAFTA, keep Alternative Minimum Tax, redefine marriage to include same-sex unions, repeal Second Amendment, fund stem cell research, withdraw from Afghanistan & Iraq (why don't with withdraw from Asia & Europe, too), free all Gitmo detainees, repeal PATRIOT Act, end global warming, and more issues that I cannot recall. Whew... that is a lot to get done before 2010 elections.

ddog
12-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Baby Jesus told me to be kind to the blind this year so i will post this .... :)

Look it over , keep an open mind, read it and think.

For those of you who trumpet about markets, even if you skip the "numbers" part and just read his own story , I think for some of you it may amaze.
There has been an incredible backstory to this whole deal, you couldn't make it up.

I am sure more is still to be uncovered.

Think about this in light of the bama crew getting set to come in....
And you wonder why "change" may get shorted! ;)
The tit for tat between the clinton did it and regan did it and bush/cheney did it, the whole deal so small, so petty.

http://www.contrahour.com/contrahour/files/ItsJustTimeMartinArmstrong.pdf

PaceAdvantage
12-27-2008, 03:33 AM
30 years of Conservative Rule since Ronny Raygun.. has plunged this country into the worst Depression since 1929.Can't we institute some sort of "no ridiculous hyperbole" rule? Job loss numbers are just starting to approach traditional recessionary levels in a recession that we're being told started over a year ago, but Hooligan has us in a Depression already closing in on 1929.

When will the madness end?

If we're in such a depression, how is it that Amazon.com enjoyed its best holiday season EVER?

But, you keep harping on that depression thing. It will give businesses an even better excuse to can your ass and/or cut your benefits. Because that's what they do, even if they don't have to...they take advantage of the psychology of the situation for their benefit.

They know they won't suffer too much worker revolt or disgruntled employees if they fire half the staff or cut benefits to the bone, because they'll be counting on the fact that ya'll have been conditioned to simply thank your lucky stars above that you still have a freakin' job. After all, we're all in the middle of a "depression.":lol:

PaceAdvantage
12-27-2008, 05:42 AM
http://www.contrahour.com/contrahour/files/ItsJustTimeMartinArmstrong.pdfIn going over this manifesto, I couldn't for the life of me keep the following image out of my head:

http://www.daveashinc.com/files/g___kazinsky.jpg

That might be unfair....but man, get that guy a word processor!

ddog
12-27-2008, 05:46 AM
Pa

pls read the whole thing all the way through and do a little research outside the "manifesto".

The guy is typing from jail on an ibm selectic or some such.

:)

ddog
12-27-2008, 06:12 AM
Can't we institute some sort of "no ridiculous hyperbole" rule? Job loss numbers are just starting to approach traditional recessionary levels in a recession that we're being told started over a year ago, but Hooligan has us in a Depression already closing in on 1929.

When will the madness end?

If we're in such a depression, how is it that Amazon.com enjoyed its best holiday season EVER?

But, you keep harping on that depression thing. It will give businesses an even better excuse to can your ass and/or cut your benefits. Because that's what they do, even if they don't have to...they take advantage of the psychology of the situation for their benefit.

They know they won't suffer too much worker revolt or disgruntled employees if they fire half the staff or cut benefits to the bone, because they'll be counting on the fact that ya'll have been conditioned to simply thank your lucky stars above that you still have a freakin' job. After all, we're all in the middle of a "depression.":lol:

Pa, traditional levels don't mean squat.
What many seem to miss is the nature of the job market since at least 2001 or so has changed.

There are another 6% that need to be added into the unemployed number to get a true reading. Thus I would say we are around 14-15% now and in some states higher than that with big downward pressure still to come.

more temps,contractors,self employed and many many more working less hours being "asked" to take vto(voluntary time off).

I think you are not realizing that many many non-financial businesses run much leaner than 20-30 years ago and thus will hold off until the SHTF big time.

But, you will see horrible numbers for at least the rest of 2009.

You are underestimating the compassion :eek: of many corp types who want to hold on to the workers, yes that may be heresy but I see it all the time.

PaceAdvantage
12-28-2008, 03:27 AM
You are underestimating the compassion :eek: of many corp types who want to hold on to the workers, yes that may be heresy but I see it all the time.But there are also many others who will take advantage of the situation...the new trend now is to cut or eliminate 401k matching....and who's going to complain or walk out because of this? Nobody...after all, we're in a "depression." I'm lucky to even have a job....:lol: