12-20-2008, 09:48 PM
He looks fast.

http://www.justnews.com/video/18321552/index.html

098poi
12-20-2008, 09:57 PM
Thanks for posting that.

sally
12-20-2008, 11:00 PM
I've been waiting for him to run, but Matz doesn't sound that enthused....

lamboguy
12-20-2008, 11:10 PM
he has the same eyes as his brother. i hope he has the same courage too!

good luck to mike matz, a super guy

FantasticDan
12-21-2008, 01:22 AM
Do you think he'll run on the dirt or turf for his debut?

bigmack
12-21-2008, 02:21 AM
Full brothers that have both achieved eminence. That's one short list.

jognlope
12-21-2008, 10:47 AM
Your welcome. Matz looks a bit weathered and sad.

Nacumi
12-21-2008, 01:04 PM
You can't tell a whole lot from the work in the video, but he appears to have a way of going on the dirt that is similar to Barbaro's: high stepping and high headed. With those big "platters", I think he'll stretch himself out a bit better on the turf, though.

joanied
12-23-2008, 07:43 PM
I've been away from the board for a while...busy with winter farm chores...and busy adopting a puppy from a rescue shelter...she's outstanding...

Jognlope...this is the first post I looked at, as soon as I saw it...Nicanor looks wonderful...nice way of going, a little rank there for a few seconds, but he looks strong and classy...he sure has some big hooves to fill...and I hope with all my heart he gives back to Matz what Matz and the entire Barbaro team gave to us...thrills beyond compare!!

Good luck, Mike M and Nicanor...hope he wins first time out!!

Thanks for posting that, jog:)

jognlope
12-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Be sure to kiss your four-legged ones today, Joanied. I can't kiss mine. He's a bus ride away and I'm working and I can't stand stand taking the bus. Gotta get a car!

The only full brothers I can think of who have done well are sons of Tiznow, who are amazing, but don't know which ones are really full brothers.

joanied
12-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Be sure to kiss your four-legged ones today, Joanied. I can't kiss mine. He's a bus ride away and I'm working and I can't stand stand taking the bus. Gotta get a car!

The only full brothers I can think of who have done well are sons of Tiznow, who are amazing, but don't know which ones are really full brothers.

Everyone got a smooch and extra horse candy for Christmas...jog, this may be a good time to buy a 'new used' car...I don't think dealers are able to sell cars right now...you could probably work out a hell of a deal...then you can go kiss your horse anytime ya want!!
Hope you had a winderful Christmas
:)

FantasticDan
01-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Prado aboard.. they still haven't decided whether to start on dirt or turf..

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/nicanor/archive/2009/01/25/prado-to-ride-nicanor-in-his-upcoming-debut.aspx

joanied
01-25-2009, 02:51 PM
Prado aboard.. they still haven't decided whether to start on dirt or turf..

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/nicanor/archive/2009/01/25/prado-to-ride-nicanor-in-his-upcoming-debut.aspx

Thanks for the link. I'd bet they'll wait and run him on turf, at least for his first time out.
I'm sure everyone is waiting with breath held to see how Nicanor does...good thing he doesn't know he has some 'big hooves' to fill...let's all wish him best of luck and a safe journey.

jognlope
01-25-2009, 04:07 PM
I'm shooting for August,Joanied, but so many other financial obligations. Especially don't like not having a car if have an emergency. Vet for parrots is 45 minutes away, a very expensive cab ride, although local one is okay for small stuff. I wish I'l known local takes parrots when Jessie decied to get a small bell stuck on his beek. At least it was no charge! And he gave them his best wolf whistle.

joanied
01-25-2009, 07:16 PM
I'm shooting for August,Joanied, but so many other financial obligations. Especially don't like not having a car if have an emergency. Vet for parrots is 45 minutes away, a very expensive cab ride, although local one is okay for small stuff. I wish I'l known local takes parrots when Jessie decied to get a small bell stuck on his beek. At least it was no charge! And he gave them his best wolf whistle.

Hi jog.... a 45 min. cab ride would be expensive....no matter where you live...we don't have cabs out here....drive yourself, or fuhgetaboutit;) ...glad your parrot got that bell of his beak...silly birds...we had a Half Moon as kids and that bird was hilarious and talked a blue steak...my grandpa even taught him Italian:eek:
Hope things work out Ok, jog.....hang in there, guess we are all pinching pennies these days.
:) :) :)

WinterTriangle
01-26-2009, 05:58 AM
Not to steal any thunder from Nicanor, but Lentenor looks more dangerous to me.

Bloodhorse will apparently have the video soon, but this horse really looks "serious", as a lot of other people have noticed: from 1/22/09
http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/nicanor/archive/2009/01/21/lentenor-looking-good.aspx

I sort of cracked up when I saw this YouTube video, very corny and sentimental, but obviously, this person has a romance goin' on with these horses and set their various photos to music. :) the photos are darn good, though. I like the one of Nicanor on the track. And the ones of Lentenor are at the very end.......again, such a serious look in his eye, yes?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivQRCwQvn3c

joanied
01-26-2009, 10:08 AM
wintertriangle...thanks for the links...yes, I agree that Lentanor does look wonderful... I enjoyed that youtube video...what you call 'corny', I call 'emotional'... for me, good photos or video of a gorgeous TB with the right music is alway emotional...
I sure look foward to Lentanor's video....and cannot wait for Nicanor's first race.
Gonna be great fun to follow these two... Nicanor's eye is soft and expressive, and I love that.

WinterTriangle
01-27-2009, 01:11 AM
J---I think Nicanor looks like Barbaro and Lentenor looks like Citation and Whirlaway?

wantedtobeagrey
01-27-2009, 08:43 AM
Winter,

Thanks for the links. I hope they keep these guys on the turf. IMO that was their brother's best surface. Too bad time did not allow that to be totally proven correct. I'd like to see what Barclay Tagg would do with them.

Regards,
Wantedtobe

joanied
01-27-2009, 12:56 PM
J---I think Nicanor looks like Barbaro and Lentenor looks like Citation and Whirlaway?

Not sure who Lenator looks like....but, yeah...Nicanor does look just like Barbaro.
Now we have to see if he can run like Barbaro!!

jognlope
01-27-2009, 07:55 PM
Nicanor will race this Saturday at Gulfstream

http://www.newsday.com/sports/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-rac-barbaros-brother,0,6746158.story

Greyfox
01-27-2009, 08:02 PM
He looks fast.

http://www.justnews.com/video/18321552/index.html

Thanks for the post and I'll follow him with interest.
However, Matz said he's been looking for a horse as good as Barbaro but
"I haven't found him yet."
After all Obama has a half-brother that you'd never elect. ;)

joanied
01-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the link and the head's up....I can't wait:jump: and hope Nicanor runs great....he doesn't have to win, just run a good race.

Greyfox...maybe Matz is just being cautious...he's under some pressure with Nicanor...all eyes will be focused on this colt.

best of luck :ThmbUp: to Nicanor, Matz and their entire team!!!