PDA

View Full Version : January.

BUD
12-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Seeing that the 2 year olds turn 3 is January an exciting horse racing month?

I have never followed this will be the first January that I will be following.

Does the Big A have many Cancellation's? What do you think is the best winter time track to follow?

Its an honest question I do not have enough knowlege in the game to know better or much you answers are very appreciated!.

anglemaster
12-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Hey Bud. Merry Christmas and all the best to you.
IHMO no difference when the two year old crop turns three. ON Dec 31 conditions are written two year olds 12,500 claiming, on Jan 01 it is written three year olds 12,500. Just another month. I must say in maiden races you might see some (new) three year olds having to run against four year old maidens.
AQU cancellations is certainly dependant to the winter conditions, I would guess that on average their might be three or four cancellations in a meet. Of course I have all ways found that if I spent a night cappin a card and spent a lot of time on it, that was the race day that would be cancelled. LOL

I love Tampa in the winter, some like Gulfstream and Fairgrounds. ( I despise the inner track at Aqu and NEVER play it).

cmoore
12-20-2008, 06:31 PM
I consider all 2 year olds two until May 1st..

onefast99
12-20-2008, 07:08 PM
Aqueduct will card a co-feature race in the 3rd race just in case the track conditions get worse once the card starts. The best betting tracks during the winter months are the Fairgrounds, Gulfstream and Tampa.

BUD
12-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Awesome guys. Best of the Season to you all!