12-20-2008, 11:03 AM
1-1-1 last week

23-24-1 season to date

Packers +4

Good Luck

Valuist
12-20-2008, 08:02 PM
1-0 last week, 22-17-1 on the season

Kansas City +3 1/2---Miami finds itself in the position of going from warmth to bitter cold. HIghs of about 12 degrees tomorrow with wind chills below zero. I don't care if the entire Dolphin team was born on the North Pole, the fact is their bodies are used to Miami weather now. Going from 80 degree weather to 10 degree weather takes more than a day to adapt.

New England -8----not quite as severe as the Miami scenario but going from Phoenix to Boston during the week of Xmas is severe enough. Never mind that Ariz already is decidedly worse on the road and NE just keeps getting stronger.

Detroit +7---last home game for the Lions and they could get the straight up win as the Saints are now eliminated from the playoffs. In any event, Detroit should give their best effort, however good that may be.

Buffalo +7---one cannot lay a TD with a defense as terrible as Denver's. Weather no factor here as both teams used to frigid conditions. I do think Buffalo will have success running the ball and Denver basically has nobody to hand the ball off to.

pktruckdriver
12-20-2008, 11:10 PM
I think we know my pick by now......

Patrick

Valuist
12-21-2008, 11:53 AM
Adding one more: Packers/Bears UNDER 40

I know the game is over 30 hours away but here's current conditions;
Minus 5 with winds of about 25 MPH. We're talking conditions similar to the Bengals/Chargers game of 1982. Its supposed to "warm up" to a high of 9 above tomorrow but its still going to be almost impossible to throw the ball. Look for lots of running plays and the clock will keep ticking.

Marshall Bennett
12-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Strange week thus far . Dallas , Arizona , N.Y. Jets , Pittsburgh , Philadelphia , all good teams simply looked terrible . Houston though 7 -7 , had won 5 straight , were awful against Oakland ( 3 - 11 ) . Once again KC and St.Louis led their games well into the 4th quarter and blew it as usual . Cincinnati ( 2-11 ) shuts out Cleveland on the road . Denver ( -7 ) loses at home to Buffalo . Seems as if only Detroit played as they should have , losing 42 - 7 to New Orleans .

Valuist
12-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Strange week thus far . Dallas , Arizona , N.Y. Jets , Pittsburgh , Philadelphia , all good teams simply looked terrible . Houston though 7 -7 , had won 5 straight , were awful against Oakland ( 3 - 11 ) . Once again KC and St.Louis led their games well into the 4th quarter and blew it as usual . Cincinnati ( 2-11 ) shuts out Cleveland on the road . Denver ( -7 ) loses at home to Buffalo . Seems as if only Detroit played as they should have , losing 42 - 7 to New Orleans .

I wouldn't consider the Jets a "good team". Maybe a little above average. As for Arizona, they are average at best. Don't let their records fool you. THose teams are frauds.

BetHorses!
12-21-2008, 09:54 PM
I wouldn't consider the Jets a "good team". Maybe a little above average. As for Arizona, they are average at best. Don't let their records fool you. THose teams are frauds.

I tend to agree but if Arizona hosts Atlanta, i'm betting Zona and will prob be laying points

pktruckdriver
12-21-2008, 10:34 PM
I think we know my pick by now......

Patrick

:jump: :jump: :jump: :) :jump: :jump: :jump:

Can you believe it, one win away from the playoffs, absolutely amazing comeback from last year, oh by the way, Kudos to Atlanta for the same.

Patrick

Frontenac
12-21-2008, 11:30 PM
1-0 last week, 22-17-1 on the season

Kansas City +3 1/2---Miami finds itself in the position of going from warmth to bitter cold. HIghs of about 12 degrees tomorrow with wind chills below zero. I don't care if the entire Dolphin team was born on the North Pole, the fact is their bodies are used to Miami weather now. Going from 80 degree weather to 10 degree weather takes more than a day to adapt.

New England -8----not quite as severe as the Miami scenario but going from Phoenix to Boston during the week of Xmas is severe enough. Never mind that Ariz already is decidedly worse on the road and NE just keeps getting stronger.

Detroit +7---last home game for the Lions and they could get the straight up win as the Saints are now eliminated from the playoffs. In any event, Detroit should give their best effort, however good that may be.

Buffalo +7---one cannot lay a TD with a defense as terrible as Denver's. Weather no factor here as both teams used to frigid conditions. I do think Buffalo will have success running the ball and Denver basically has nobody to hand the ball off to.

Thanks Valuist,

Your analysis was helpful this weekend.
I stayed away from the Detroit game, and did quite well.

Marshall Bennett
12-22-2008, 07:12 PM
Through 14 games the jets had scored 385 pts. , just 1 pt. shy of Arizona's 386 which led all AFC / NFC teams . Exactly how do you define good , or even average ?

BetHorses!
12-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Through 14 games the jets had scored 385 pts. , just 1 pt. shy of Arizona's 386 which led all AFC / NFC teams . Exactly how do you define good , or even average ?

IMO the only team to play a weaker schedule than the jets are maybe the Bills. Jets have losses agst oakland, SF and Seattle, combined record 14-31

cj's dad
12-22-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm praying for a Jets win and a NE loss this Sunday so the Ravens can play the Jets in the opening round of the playoffs.
IMO the only team to play a weaker schedule than the jets are maybe the Bills. Jets have losses agst oakland, SF and Seattle, combined record 14-31

Marshall Bennett
12-22-2008, 10:35 PM
I've always held the notion that college teams were judged somewhat by the strength of their schedule . In professional football a level playing field tends to play out much more in that teams all consist of " good " players . Otherwise they wouldn't be in the NFL . Where it goes from there is in many different directions . IMO to conclude a team is average having scored 386 pts. due to the strength of their schedule , at this level , is absurd .

BetHorses!
12-22-2008, 11:10 PM
I've always held the notion that college teams were judged somewhat by the strength of their schedule . In professional football a level playing field tends to play out much more in that teams all consist of " good " players . Otherwise they wouldn't be in the NFL . Where it goes from there is in many different directions . IMO to conclude a team is average having scored 386 pts. due to the strength of their schedule , at this level , is absurd .

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs
Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

BetHorses!
12-22-2008, 11:57 PM
1-0 for week

24-24-1 season to date

Valuist
12-23-2008, 12:01 AM
3-2 on the week, 25-19-1 on the season.

cj's dad
12-23-2008, 12:18 PM
Titans players stomping that obnoxious towel on the ground.