PDA

View Full Version : HAWTHORNE

windstone
12-20-2008, 06:40 AM
ANY ONE HEARD IF THEY ARE GOING TO RUN TODAY. THEY HAVE BEEN HAMMERED PRETTY HARD AND MAY STILL BE GETTING IT.

Cangamble
12-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Looks like they are racing. Too bad they took away the good old 1-1 exactor.

I think Inez is going to have a big day today.

rgustafson
12-20-2008, 08:31 PM
ANY ONE HEARD IF THEY ARE GOING TO RUN TODAY. THEY HAVE BEEN HAMMERED PRETTY HARD AND MAY STILL BE GETTING IT.

I wish that they had cancelled.:D

Steve 'StatMan'
12-20-2008, 08:48 PM
Hawthorne has cancelled for Sunday 12/21 due to expected bad weather.

Pick Six Carryover now about $227k. Wow! Next card on Friday, day after Christmas. Lots of time for people to have dreams of more than just Sugar Plums for Christmas!

http://www.barntowire.com/2008/HAWnotes081220.html

Cangamble
12-21-2008, 06:59 AM
I wish that they had cancelled.:D
I wish I would have gone 4 deep instead of 3 deep on my pick 3's and win4 in the 9th race.

Did you see the pick three payoff for the ninth? I'm sort of glad I didn't have that one because of the ripoff price(two 20 plus winners and a 40 plus winner gave investors not even 300 bucks), but it would have been nice to cash the P3 and W4 in the 10th just the same.

I'm thinking that someone got into too much Christmas booze and bet a $25 pick and cashed it.

rgustafson
12-21-2008, 09:33 AM
I wish I would have gone 4 deep instead of 3 deep on my pick 3's and win4 in the 9th race.

Did you see the pick three payoff for the ninth? I'm sort of glad I didn't have that one because of the ripoff price(two 20 plus winners and a 40 plus winner gave investors not even 300 bucks), but it would have been nice to cash the P3 and W4 in the 10th just the same.

I'm thinking that someone got into too much Christmas booze and bet a $25 pick and cashed it.

I was looking at the pick three will pays prior to the ninth race and I thought to myself, the will pay to the 11 who is 20-1 is roughly the same as the will pays to the top three choices. This makes no sense. Sometimes when I see a huge discrepency like this I will make a win bet on the horse. Took another look at the past performances and just couldn't pull the trigger. Oh, well.

Valuist
12-21-2008, 11:26 AM
The Hawthorne track recently reminded me of the way it was late in the year from the mid 80s to mid 90s. An outside closing bias. With no New York racing next week and several days to build publicity, that P6 pool is going to be big.

Cangamble
12-21-2008, 12:32 PM
I was looking at the pick three will pays prior to the ninth race and I thought to myself, the will pay to the 11 who is 20-1 is roughly the same as the will pays to the top three choices. This makes no sense. Sometimes when I see a huge discrepency like this I will make a win bet on the horse. Took another look at the past performances and just couldn't pull the trigger. Oh, well.
I was live on the three favorites. Didn't see the probable payoffs though. I had the pick the previous race, it underpaid as well, but not as grossly.