PDA

View Full Version : Golden Gate vs. Portland Meadows Jockey Challenge

jballscalls
12-19-2008, 10:50 PM
http://www.portlandmeadows.com/NewsEvents/FeatureStories/Details/Russell+Baze+returns+to+Portland+Meadows.htm

Hey everyone.

Really excited to announce a promotion we've been working on to help get word out about our new Wednesday race days in January and February at Portland Meadows. In the afternoon's it will be us and Santa Anita. This should be a fun afternoon, hope you all get to tune in and watch.

NoCal Boy
12-20-2008, 09:02 AM
It does not help that neither TVG, Youbet nor PTC carry the signal. The top 2 ADWs and a growing ADW popular with some players. Any chance that will change in 2009 as these ADW signals get sorted out? Seems strange that a small track like Portland is restricted yet Fair Grounds and others are open.

jballscalls
12-20-2008, 12:16 PM
well obviously we wont be on TVG cause we're a Magna track. As far as the other places, i've heard rumblings that Tracknet tracks might be available to those services sooner rather than later, but who ever knows in this business.

toetoe
12-20-2008, 02:27 PM
JayBeeCee,

Where does GGF fit in ? :confused: .

jballscalls
12-20-2008, 03:21 PM
JayBeeCee,

Where does GGF fit in ? :confused: .

with what?

NoCal Boy
12-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Hearing the same thing. We will see with GP and OP very soon.

well obviously we wont be on TVG cause we're a Magna track. As far as the other places, i've heard rumblings that Tracknet tracks might be available to those services sooner rather than later, but who ever knows in this business.

Tom Barrister
12-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Jason: at the rate Magna is going, they may soon be absorbed by Twinspires (at the rate the industry is going, EVERYBODY may soon be absorbed by Twinspires), at which time you can be guarateed that TVG will put you on their Monday/Tuesday list.

For those who don't know, Jason Beem is the announcer at Portland Meadows and was also the announcer at River Downs the past three years. His voice reminds me a bit of that of John Dooley.

I'd like to see the PM jockeys win the challenge. It would be especially entertaining to see Deborah Hoonan-Trujillo beat Baze and company.

Nmytwenties
12-20-2008, 06:01 PM
It seems like Portland Meadows, on the mid to lower level compared to other tracks as far as horses running there, seems to get it as far as trying to market the horse racing product. I know most bettors might not give a damn about a "jockey challenge" but it at least shows they are trying to promote the sport by doing more than just carding 8 to 10 races a day and saying "have at it". At least it's doing more than just standing around whining about not having slots and doing hardly anything to promote the sport like some states have chosen to do.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate, last week's whole week of racing was cancelled.

jballscalls
12-20-2008, 06:16 PM
Hopefully the weather will cooperate, last week's whole week of racing was cancelled.

Its been really ugly, just keeps snowing and snowing and ice and more ice. hopefully we will be back up next week, hopefully i can make it home for Christmas LOL