PDA

View Full Version : Putting Morning Work outs on TV

BUD
12-19-2008, 06:44 PM
Is this something needed or doable? I often wondered as I read the workout line---If some one like the Networks ,TVHRTV could carry it--Or someone like a Twin Spires etc----Maybe it is me, I have more free time than a clock maker----But to have the chance to see these , would that aide in the education of a handicapper--Would it help in Capping---Is this a way to get a little more money into these providers--Or would it be a money drain---Hell I'd spend and extra 5 or 10 a month to get the chance to see this----

Me Culpa if this was posted before and its a space and time waste..

JustRalph
12-19-2008, 06:58 PM
I love the idea.... but then TVG couldn't sell me the "Total Gym" and I would miss Christy Brinkley and Walker Texas Ranger in the morning. :bang:

BIG49010
12-19-2008, 07:56 PM
It would cut into the clocker's bank accounts.

jfb
12-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Santa Anita has had a webcam showing the track for several years

http://santaanita.com/track/webcam.php

it is on 24 hrs a day. You can watch the morning works, but I do not know how you can identify the horses. It is hard enough if you are there in person.

BUD
12-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Have the clockers give the information , Identify the horses etc...Maybe they could make more, it could open new doors?

I go thru TwinSpires--Now if they offered that to their colorful customers for free---And for us 2 buck guys for a fee I would shell out up to 10 a month to watch the workouts..

Note** I know very little of he clockers or the morning routine**

BUD
12-19-2008, 08:22 PM
Santa Anita has had a webcam showing the track for several years

http://santaanita.com/track/webcam.php

it is on 24 hrs a day. You can watch the morning works, but I do not know how you can identify the horses. It is hard enough if you are there in person.

Its the old saying --They all look like brothers---Thank you for the link------

Steve 'StatMan'
12-19-2008, 09:59 PM
Have the clockers give the information , Identify the horses etc...Maybe they could make more, it could open new doors?

I go thru TwinSpires--Now if they offered that to their colorful customers for free---And for us 2 buck guys for a fee I would shell out up to 10 a month to watch the workouts..

Note** I know very little of he clockers or the morning routine**

At most tracks, the clockers have a hard enough time just getting the correct identity of the horse for their own records, plus deal with multiple horses working out at the same time. Nice idea, but as I understand it, outside of So.Cal. maybe 50% of the workouts even get record, hopefully accurately. Plenty are missed. Some attibuted to the wrong horse - they don't use the horse identifier with matching foal paper information & lip tattoo, they usually have to rely on the groom or the exercise rider for the name, if they didn't forget by the time they go to work the horse out.

BUD
12-20-2008, 09:18 AM
Wow! thanks did not know that-Wow-bummer

point given
12-20-2008, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE=Steve 'StatMan']At most tracks, the clockers have a hard enough time just getting the correct identity of the horse for their own records, plus deal with multiple horses working out at the same time. Nice idea, but as I understand it, outside of So.Cal. maybe 50% of the workouts even get record, hopefully accurately. Plenty are missed. Some attibuted to the wrong horse - they don't use the horse identifier with matching foal paper information & lip tattoo, they usually have to rely on the groom or the exercise rider for the name, if they didn't forget by the time they go to work the horse out.[/QUOTe

There are certain trainers who also tell the clockers what to put down on some circuits , as their horses always work the same times, so the wo has absolutely no true info. Also some training centers ( palm beach downs ? payson ?) where the trainer records it in a book themselves; not to forget those that work them out in the dark too.

speldedo
12-20-2008, 11:11 AM
At most tracks, the clockers have a hard enough time just getting the correct identity of the horse for their own records, plus deal with multiple horses working out at the same time. Nice idea, but as I understand it, outside of So.Cal. maybe 50% of the workouts even get record, hopefully accurately. Plenty are missed. Some attibuted to the wrong horse - they don't use the horse identifier with matching foal paper information & lip tattoo, they usually have to rely on the groom or the exercise rider for the name, if they didn't forget by the time they go to work the horse out.

First I find out there's no Santa Claus and then this - guess I picked a bad week to give up drinking!

Alyblakester
12-20-2008, 04:56 PM
Obviously it is a doable thing as TVG has done "The Works". Would a large percentage of horseplayers and fans watch daily works I wonder? ....I would.