PDA

View Full Version : Cappin Chatter - 12/19

nobeyerspls
12-19-2008, 10:57 AM
Chalky - Come on man, Crhistmas is coming. You need to come up with something so that our forum buddies can get to the mall and improve the economy.
Longball - OK. How about two ideas each, thus concentrating our stellar handicapping powers on real moneymakers. Look at the 2nd at Fairgrounds. It's a nw2l for cheap claimers and looks like a match race between #8 Miss Leana (5/2) and #5 Soberlee (3-1). They finished together last time beating many of the same. Something has to come out of the pack to complete the tri and my choice is #7 Quotha (20-1). She ran well fresh once before. I'll do tri and exacta boxes and bet her across the board.
Chalky - Now isn't that just great. You're putting your hopes on a 3% trainer whose horse has some of the lowest beyers in the field. I'll overcome your foolishness with common sense. The 3rd at FG will go to #9 Alligator Bayou (3-1). He was close to a couple in here after a lousy break and gets blinkers and the top percentage jockey. I'll do a #10 win/place parlay with him and #3 Karmanos (7/2) in the 5th at Calder. This guy is working like a racehorse for a trainer who excels at entrants with a little time off. So what's your other idea?
Longball - Let me first digest the fact that your lowest priced pick is 3-1. OK, I'll go to the 3rd at Calder and pick #5 O'Wicked One (4-1) and #6 Runnin On Sunshine (12-1) for an exacta box. The latter will be much lower in odds and the first one is McCauley's only mount for the day, a positive angle. To insure that our forum buddies can get that wide screen TV, I'll recommend starting a pick three in that race with all in the 4th and your choice in the 5th.
Chalky - OK pal and a Merry Christmas to you and to all who put up with us.