PDA

View Full Version : Time to impeach?

Tom
12-19-2008, 09:32 AM
The traitor Bush has just once again stabbed the American tax payer in the back.

This miserable excuse of a human and wast e of skin has bailed out the auto companies, despite American being overwhelmingly opposed to it and after congress, our elected representatives in spite of the fact that most of them are degenerate thieves and liars, twice refused to do it. King George has once again told us loud and clear that we have no rights and that HE is the only one who knows what is good for us. And he does it the Friday before Christmas, while there is vitually no one around to challenge it.
The lousy POS.

Listen, once this pig is out of office, we need to support the left on this one - get the World Court to indict him on war crimes charges and arrest him and put him on trial by countries that hate us and him, and hope for a public hanging. This POS is not fit to let go. We must extract revenge on his worthless hide. I don't really care how we do it, or whether it is right or wrong, or even legal. This POS needs to fry. We need to send a message to future leaders (?) that they wrok for us.

socantra
12-19-2008, 09:58 AM
The traitor Bush has just once again stabbed the American tax payer in the back.

This miserable excuse of a human and wast e of skin has bailed out the auto companies, despite American being overwhelmingly opposed to it and after congress, our elected representatives in spite of the fact that most of them are degenerate thieves and liars, twice refused to do it. King George has once again told us loud and clear that we have no rights and that HE is the only one who knows what is good for us. And he does it the Friday before Christmas, while there is vitually no one around to challenge it.
The lousy POS.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, Tom. You're an even better comedian than Rush.

ddog
12-19-2008, 11:04 AM
December, 2008 (Bloomberg)—After a successful hostile takeover of U.S. bank Citigroup, the Somali pirates are on track to secure a seat in the United States Senate. According to Pirate spokesman Ali Hashimi Mohammed, capital secured by Citigroup from the U.S. Treasury’s TARP program along with the booty of various captured ships is being used to finance a leveraged buyout of the seat previously occupied by President-elect Barack Obama. A letter of intent seen by Bloomberg puts the acquisition price at $1.2 trillion.

In a wiretapped conversation with Mohammed, embattled Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich said the seat “is a f****** valuable thing, you don’t just give it away for nothing.”

Mohammed countered that Citigroup’s corporate charter, now controlled by the Pirates, is itself “pretty f****** vaulable.” He noted that Citigroup’s capital requirements under Basel 1 currently allow them to finance the production of nearly $60 of loans for every dollar of capital

no impeach needed, we just need to get with the program,hard to tell the diff eh..... :lol:

http://optionarmageddon.ml-implode.com/2008/12/11/somali-pirates-to-acquire-senate-seat/

boxcar
12-19-2008, 11:41 AM

The lousy POS.

Listen, once this pig is out of office, we need to support the left on this one - get the World Court to indict him on war crimes charges and arrest him and put him on trial by countries that hate us and him, and hope for a public hanging. This POS is not fit to let go. We must extract revenge on his worthless hide. I don't really care how we do it, or whether it is right or wrong, or even legal. This POS needs to fry. We need to send a message to future leaders (?) that they wrok for us.

The politicians have forgotten this, Tom. They truly believe (I think) that We the People should be grateful to THEM because THEY know what is best for us. We can't survive without the priceless, infinite wisdom of Politicians.
We owe a debt to our politicians!

Bush knew fully well, by the way, that his decision militated violently against free market principles. He admitted this recently. But his lame excuse: He also admitted that the bankruptcy process should be the way to go, BUT...we can't do that at this time because of the unusual circumstances of the American economy. What a load of spineless drivel!

Boxcar

Tom
12-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Box, yeah, I heard that.
I had to violate the principals of free trade to save the system of free trade! :confused:

I wonder if also said I have to stop breathing so that my lame brain gets more oxygen?

DJofSD
12-19-2008, 11:54 AM
We're just one more step closer to the North America Union.

Light
12-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Bush's priorities have been large corporations,businesses and the military industrial complex, while giving the finger to taxpayers and the environment. Nothing he does surprises me anymore.

boxcar
12-19-2008, 12:32 PM
Bush's priorities have been large corporations,businesses and the military industrial complex, while giving the finger to taxpayers and the environment. Nothing he does surprises me anymore.

You're as clueless as they come. Yeah, he gave the "finger to taxpayers" by giving us tax cuts AND by ordering stimulus checks paid to taxpayers and NON-taxpayers. (Nothing like a little welfare for this latter group disguised as "tax cut".) As far as the environment goes, he, too, buys into man-made global climate change insanity. If he were to serve four more years, I guarantee you he'd cave in to the Greenies and encourage Congress to enact stiff environmental laws.

Boxcar

Tom
12-19-2008, 12:46 PM
How true......

Light
12-19-2008, 12:52 PM
You're as clueless as they come. Yeah, he gave the "finger to taxpayers" by giving us tax cuts AND by ordering stimulus checks paid to taxpayers and NON-taxpayers.

Do the math. $600 stimulous checks compared to $1 trillion spending in Iraq that taxpayers will have to pay for.You're the one who needs to get a clue.

boxcar
12-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Do the math. $600 stimulous checks compared to $1 trillion spending in Iraq that taxpayers will have to pay for.You're the one who needs to get a clue.

The cost of the Iraq war pales by comparison to the 7+ trillion we just spent on bailouts. AND...there's no end in sight for these bailouts. The Obamanation is already talking close to another trillion in another stimulus package.

Boxcar

slewis
12-19-2008, 03:17 PM
December, 2008 (Bloomberg)—After a successful hostile takeover of U.S. bank Citigroup, the Somali pirates are on track to secure a seat in the United States Senate. According to Pirate spokesman Ali Hashimi Mohammed, capital secured by Citigroup from the U.S. Treasury’s TARP program along with the booty of various captured ships is being used to finance a leveraged buyout of the seat previously occupied by President-elect Barack Obama. A letter of intent seen by Bloomberg puts the acquisition price at $1.2 trillion.

In a wiretapped conversation with Mohammed, embattled Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich said the seat “is a f****** valuable thing, you don’t just give it away for nothing.”

Mohammed countered that Citigroup’s corporate charter, now controlled by the Pirates, is itself “pretty f****** vaulable.” He noted that Citigroup’s capital requirements under Basel 1 currently allow them to finance the production of nearly $60 of loans for every dollar of capital

no impeach needed, we just need to get with the program,hard to tell the diff eh..... :lol:

http://optionarmageddon.ml-implode.com/2008/12/11/somali-pirates-to-acquire-senate-seat/

:lol:

slewis
12-19-2008, 03:28 PM

The lousy POS.

Tom,

I'm starting to worry about you... yesterday it was Bloomberg, today Bush, Giuliani is probably just a few keystrokes of contempt away.
Pataki you called a POS a few days ago.. ...

Everyone likes you a lot on this forum so we're placing you on suicide watch till after Obama's term us up, or until the first lot of new GM Hybrid cars roll off those assembly lines that we paid for with tax payer money (by the way, do we qualify for a discount??)... whichever comes first.
Hang in there.:D

Tom
12-19-2008, 07:14 PM
Obama's reign will be a joy to watch. Success is not an option. :D
I like Rudy, btw. The rest are dirt bags, real trash, pathetic excuses of Americans. I resent the tax dollars that pay for W's SS agent - let the POS pay for his own security....I consider it a waste of money. That AH Bush has done FAR more damage to this country than Bin Laden did. We should have the military after his arse. There is no reason to go after OBL...the real enemy is here - it is in DC. Al Qeda is irrelevant.

wonatthewire1
12-19-2008, 08:01 PM

The lousy POS.

This is exactly why Bush will go down in history as the greatest ever. He (and the rest of us cons) are laughing at the libturds because libbies are always thinking that the govt is looking out for them and their pathetic lives. But it is just the opposite that is true.

The dream that "everybody has a shot to make it" is the lie that props the whole thing up. 'merkins buy it and feed the minuscule dream. Yet, we extremely wealthy will dole out the crumbs and put those few that we deem worthy of a small modicum of success up on a small stage. "Look they made it and so can you!" when all the while there is little if any shot for you to make it really big.

The world's largest Ponzi scheme - Madoff is a punk compared to the trillions that the govt can manipulate! And our guy Bush made it so the very wealthy don't get wiped out like during the Great Depression - nope, the poor slobs will continue to get their crumbs (yippie a rebate, yeah a stimulus check!) while the extremely wealthy get the bailouts (i.e. the real money).

Snag
12-19-2008, 09:19 PM
Tom, what President Bush did was put the union on notice that they DO NOT control the auto industry.

He delayed their response till the Obomanation takes over and the then President has to tell the unions that they DO NOT control the money.

This was a delay tactic pure and simple. Someone is going to make cars and trucks.

The "Parking Garage Unions" will see to it.

Tom
12-19-2008, 11:36 PM
The unions control the dems. Pelosi is bought and paid for. Reid is too stupid to know the difference. Obama, will NOT go against the UAW.

sally
12-20-2008, 01:14 AM
The world's largest Ponzi scheme - Madoff is a punk compared to the trillions that the govt can manipulate! And our guy Bush made it so the very wealthy don't get wiped out like during the Great Depression - nope, the poor slobs will continue to get their crumbs (yippie a rebate, yeah a stimulus check!) while the extremely wealthy get the bailouts (i.e. the real money).

I agree with you...but I must correct -- the world's largest Ponzi scheme is our social security fund--

Greyfox
12-20-2008, 02:33 AM
Being moronic is hardly a reason for impeachment, alone and of itself.

slewis
12-20-2008, 08:50 AM
Obama's reign will be a joy to watch. Success is not an option. :D
I like Rudy, btw. The rest are dirt bags, real trash, pathetic excuses of Americans. I resent the tax dollars that pay for W's SS agent - let the POS pay for his own security....I consider it a waste of money. That AH Bush has done FAR more damage to this country than Bin Laden did. We should have the military after his arse. There is no reason to go after OBL...the real enemy is here - it is in DC. Al Qeda is irrelevant.

You know, if this crap keeps up in DC, Tim McVeigh is starting to look more like a hero then a murderous lunetic.

boxcar
12-20-2008, 09:21 AM
I agree with you...but I must correct -- the world's largest Ponzi scheme is our social security fund--

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: You beat me to it. :)

Boxcar

wonatthewire1
12-20-2008, 09:50 AM

SS is only a piece of the entire Ponzi scheme that is the govt - a very small piece.

JustRalph
12-20-2008, 12:36 PM
You know, if this crap keeps up in DC, Tim McVeigh is starting to look more like a hero then a murderous lunetic.

You stepped over a line there. TimmyMcv. bombed a Day care center............ or did you forget that part?

boxcar
12-20-2008, 12:47 PM
SS is only a piece of the entire Ponzi scheme that is the govt - a very small piece.

Would you care to elaborate on what the larger pieces are?

Boxcar

toetoe
12-20-2008, 12:50 PM
I thought the thread would be about Obama. :D .

toetoe
12-20-2008, 12:52 PM
Light,

Congratulations. How might *I* get on boxcar's list ? :jump: .

wonatthewire1
12-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Would you care to elaborate on what the larger pieces are?

Boxcar

What larger piece?

I meant the whole govt - how do they obtain the $$ to support themselves? Making products?

socantra
12-20-2008, 01:41 PM
Osama Bin Laden's sentiments exactly.

boxcar
12-20-2008, 01:54 PM
What larger piece?

I meant the whole govt - how do they obtain the $$ to support themselves? Making products?

Through taxation. Duh! But taxation in and of itself isn't necessarily a Ponzi scheme. In a Ponzi scheme of taxation, one group's money is taken to pay off another group who has also "invested" in the same money pool. The government is regulating peer-to-peer payments. This is a Ponzi scheme.

Boxcar

wonatthewire1
12-20-2008, 02:22 PM
Through taxation. Duh! But taxation in and of itself isn't necessarily a Ponzi scheme. In a Ponzi scheme of taxation, one group's money is taken to pay off another group who has also "invested" in the same money pool. The government is regulating peer-to-peer payments. This is a Ponzi scheme.

Boxcar

you've just described the bailout of the rich that is currently being undertaken...

They aren't going to lose their fortunes as many did during the Great Depression, you're going to bail them out of their poor investments and they get to keep being wealthy (extremely wealthy). If there is an upturn in the next economic cycle, they are already well prepared to take advantage of it...most of the populace will still be trying to dig out of debt...and will get some crumbs only...

Whatta great deal!

Thank god I'm on the receiving end!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
12-20-2008, 03:23 PM
So Bush's plan for the auto bail out is tax productivity, subsidized unproducttivity, and hope for the best?

riskman
12-20-2008, 06:45 PM
An aid to the Bush White House once told a reporter,

"We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality -- judiciously, as you will -- we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors . . . and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do."

Confused? Don't worry, there is a perfectly reasonable explanation. As George Bush put it plainly, '"So What?"

Cheney had it right the first time---what happened?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT7Ik_X1HU0

JustRalph
12-20-2008, 07:20 PM
A new country is born

Valuist
12-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Blago MUST be impeached. He is going to fight this thing even though nobody is on his side. They probably have to drag him out of Springfield kicking and screaming like a baby.

Snag
12-20-2008, 10:29 PM
An aid to the Bush White House once told a reporter,

Risk, do you have a name to go along with your quote?

Secretariat
12-20-2008, 10:42 PM

Good post Tom. I wish you'd been with me on this eight years ago. Welcome aboard.

boxcar
12-20-2008, 11:18 PM
you've just described the bailout of the rich that is currently being undertaken...

They aren't going to lose their fortunes as many did during the Great Depression, you're going to bail them out of their poor investments and they get to keep being wealthy (extremely wealthy). If there is an upturn in the next economic cycle, they are already well prepared to take advantage of it...most of the populace will still be trying to dig out of debt...and will get some crumbs only...

Whatta great deal!

Thank god I'm on the receiving end!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I see that you really don't understand what a Ponzi Scheme is. So, let's try this on for size:

"Ponzi" Schemes

Ponzi schemes are a type of illegal pyramid scheme named for Charles Ponzi, who duped thousands of New England residents into investing in a postage stamp speculation scheme back in the 1920s. Ponzi thought he could take advantage of differences between U.S. and foreign currencies used to buy and sell international mail coupons. Ponzi told investors that he could provide a 40% return in just 90 days compared with 5% for bank savings accounts. Ponzi was deluged with funds from investors, taking in $1 million during one three-hour period—and this was 1921! Though a few early investors were paid off to make the scheme look legitimate, an investigation found that Ponzi had only purchased about $30 worth of the international mail coupons.

Decades later, the Ponzi scheme continues to work on the "rob-Peter-to-pay-Paul" principle, as money from new investors is used to pay off earlier investors until the whole scheme collapses. For more information, please read pyramid schemes in our Fast Answers databank.
http://www.sec.gov/answers/ponzi.htm

http://www.sec.gov/answers/ponzi.htm

As the second paragraph rightly states, the central principle behind the scheme is the old "rob-Peter-to-pay-Paul trick. What makes this different from a bailout or regular taxation is that "Peter", as an investor fully expects to reap the benefits of his investment at some future date. In other words, "Peter" has a very personal stake in the money that he's paying out, that is to say what the government confiscates for his social security benefits -- benefit for which he fully expects the government to make good on one day. So, while Peter's money right now is paying for Paul's benefits, at some point in time, "Peter" will expect his benefits to be paid by "Phillip", and "Phillip in the future will expect his benefits to be paid by "Patrick", etc., etc. But this isnt' the case with bailouts. A bailout is nothing more than welfare. The government makes no guarantees to the taxpayers that the welfare payments will ultimately accomplish their purpose. Yes, the taxpayer (Peter) will certainly wind up footing Paul's bailout bill, but there's no promise made to Peter that one day he'll get paid back, let alone make a profit on the tax money he paid out.

Likewise regular tax payments to the government aren't Ponzi schemes either.
The government confiscates more of our dollars to maintain the country's infrastructure, military, government departments, agencies, etc. and all we get in return is military protection, new roads, maintenance of bridges, various services etc. Even the tax money that is used to fund personal welfare recipients, food stamp accounts, WIC checks, etc. -- these kinds of programs aren't investments -- certainly not in any strict business sense. These are simple welfare payments. Again, the government makes no promise that the taxpayers who fund these programs will ever reap any monetary returns on the taxes they paid.

As Sally said earlier, the largest Ponzi Scheme on the planet is our own SS system because the government is always telling us that our money is stashed away in a "lock box" -- in a special fund for the day when WE will "need it", i.e. when we become eligible to receive OUR benefits -- when we cease being "Peters" and become "Pauls".

Boxcar

Tom
12-20-2008, 11:33 PM
Don't flatter yourself, Sec. I still have no respect for the "left"
My displeasure with Bush in no ways leads to accept basically anything the left has put forth so far. Dems are still dirt and the Congress is still the root of all evil. I still favor water boarding, torture, phone taps, Gitmo, you name it. I am rebelling against the man, not the principals. I still hold Cheney in high esteem. You don't want me on your boat - I'd fill the toilet with paper to try too sink it.

Greyfox
12-20-2008, 11:41 PM
I am rebelling against the man, not the principals. .

Hmmm?

bigmack
12-20-2008, 11:53 PM
Blago MUST be impeached. He is going to fight this thing even though nobody is on his side. They probably have to drag him out of Springfield kicking and screaming like a baby.
You gotta be kiddin'? This guy is a riot! You mean we should take any of those other fools serious?

Personally, I'd like a full, protracted trial with all the bells & whistles. Think back on some of the great political trials involving lugs with overreaching hair. The mere thought of the Jimmy Traficant, Jr. story sends me into hilarity.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/james_traficant_sm.jpg

Give me this. Please?

The many alderman that I grew up with, including "Fast Eddie" Vrdolyak & 25+ others, have now been indicted. This trial could be a real doozie with named names.

Let Chicago politics go out with a bang as the others whimper away.

bigmack
12-21-2008, 01:59 AM
Drink in this column from WillieB. Some beautiful material here...

Blagojevich said he had read my column in The Chronicle last week, in which I raised questions about the "pay to play" charges being leveled against him in connection with his pending appointment of someone to fill Barack Obama's now-empty U.S. Senate seat.

I think he liked how I raised questions http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/dazed024.gif about the timing and manner of U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald's decision to charge him over what appears to be little more than loose conversations he had with his staff.

He laughed, we talked, and all in all he seemed in pretty good spirits for a guy looking at federal charges. http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/dazed024.gif

I wouldn't bet on him stepping aside anytime soon. If anything, his hand is getting stronger by the day.

I can't go into details, http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/tongue2.gif but my impression is that the whole mess started because the governor had been considering appointing a political rival, Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan, to the Senate so she wouldn't be able to run against him when he went up for re-election in 2010.

Apparently, Obama's people's weren't happy about the idea of Madigan coming to Washington, and there were some pretty heated conversations between Blagojevich and Obama chief of staff Rahm Emanuel, which I understand will burn your ears off.

It was pretty clear that Blagojevich is going to hang tough, especially after the Illinois Supreme Court shot down Madigan's request that he be forced from office because he supposedly can't carry out his duties.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/12/20/BAG314QRPO.DTL

slewis
12-21-2008, 03:09 AM
You stepped over a line there. TimmyMcv. bombed a Day care center............ or did you forget that part?

It's his ideology I was referring to.

No one "deserves" to die, and innocent children especially.
Im just saying that if things continue on this path, more will begin to "understand" his actions, not condone it.

JustRalph
12-21-2008, 05:04 AM
It's his ideology I was referring to.

No one "deserves" to die, and innocent children especially.
Im just saying that if things continue on this path, more will begin to "understand" his actions, not condone it.

His despicable actions taint any real value his message had. I am sure you could say that Hitler had some good intentions or did something of value in his life, Ala Marge Schott. There are much better examples of your point, I for one understand the point you are trying to get across, don't misunderstand me. Tim Mcveigh was a criminal, terrorist and a dissilusioned individual. I understand his motivation, which I think is more to your point, but his actions disqualify any value his message may have had. He fits in with Anti Abortion murders and Eric Rudolph types. They may have a valid point for debate, but they denigrate or devalue their cause by acting like common murdering thugs.

I think better examples might be the signers of the Declaration of Independence or even someone like Randy Weaver. Not Tim McVeigh. Btw, some people do deserve to die, I believe this wholeheartedly. Under what cause is the only debate. But that's another thread.

delayjf
12-21-2008, 11:12 AM
And our guy Bush made it so the very wealthy don't get wiped out like during the Great Depression

So all the money lost in the Market was just by small investors? Is that your assessment. If you think about it, its the rich that are picking up the bill for all this. Remember the top 50% pay @ 96% of this countries tax bill.

HUSKER55
12-21-2008, 01:36 PM
are we on the same page? 50% of the population is responsible for only 4% of the taxes which includes the bailout?

delayjf
12-21-2008, 05:29 PM
No, the top 50% wage earners pay @ 96%