PDA

View Full Version : Anyone currently using Ehorsex?

Mike_412
12-18-2008, 02:53 PM
I'm curious if anyone here is currently using this betting exchange. I'm fascinated by the exchange format and was curious as to any positives and negatives members here have had with this shop.

Thanks in advance.

Norm
12-18-2008, 03:58 PM
I see you are from NJ as I am. You may have a problem betting on-line anywhere outside of the State sanctioned website - NJAW.

Ehorsex is hosted in Costa Rica, not subject to our laws. I would advise caution. Big-Brother is watching for lost tax dollars.

cmoore
12-18-2008, 06:32 PM
I used ehorsex awhile back and got paid pretty quick...I will use it again..It's win betting only but you can get some very good odds. You can also bet against but thats a different animal all together. I like betting longshots on that site. A 25-1 in track odds could be as high as 35-1 at ehorsex. Sometimes the odds are crazy. When you win it's other peoples money who already have the money in their account. They have to have the money in their accounts to cover your bet..The site gets a commission charge up to 5% on wins. The more you bet, the commission charge decreases..If you stick to overlays when comparing to track odds..It's probably much better then rabates..

Tom Barrister
12-18-2008, 07:57 PM
They're owned by Horizon20, so you'll get paid. EHorse itselv does cut people off who beat them for too much. The exchange won't, but you need to beware of the unsavory horsemen who frequent the place, especially at the Kentucky tracks. One typical instance: a horse at Churchill (morning line of 10-1) was 8-1 at the track. About $5,000 would show up on EHorseX, wanting somebody to lay 5.0 (4-1 odds). People covered the bet, probably intending to lay it off at the track and get the supposed middle. MUch of the $5,000 would find its way into the mutuel pool----along with another 20,000 or so from elsewhere (some from similar at such as Betfair, some directly), the horse would win and pay $7.00, and the suckers would end up having to pay 4-1 odds on the horse, while getting 5-2 in return.

Mike_412
12-19-2008, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated.

classhandicapper
12-19-2008, 11:45 AM
They're owned by Horizon20, so you'll get paid. EHorse itselv does cut people off who beat them for too much. The exchange won't, but you need to beware of the unsavory horsemen who frequent the place, especially at the Kentucky tracks. One typical instance: a horse at Churchill (morning line of 10-1) was 8-1 at the track. About $5,000 would show up on EHorseX, wanting somebody to lay 5.0 (4-1 odds). People covered the bet, probably intending to lay it off at the track and get the supposed middle. MUch of the $5,000 would find its way into the mutuel pool----along with another 20,000 or so from elsewhere (some from similar at such as Betfair, some directly), the horse would win and pay $7.00, and the suckers would end up having to pay 4-1 odds on the horse, while getting 5-2 in return.

The same kind of thing happens at the NY tracks also, though not as extreme.

When exhorsx first opened, I used to be able to arbitrage 2-3 times a day with big edges. They were basically giving money away. It's much more difficult now because the spreads between "for and against" have gotten much wider and if the "against odds" are lower than the track odds, the odds at the track almost always fall sharply on the last flash. I assumed it was other people like me catching on and looking for arbitrage opportunities.

formula_2002
01-19-2009, 09:58 AM
how do you bet against a horse using the final track odds as a basis.
I assume you have to give a bit more than the track odds.

highnote
01-19-2009, 12:49 PM
I see you are from NJ as I am. You may have a problem betting on-line anywhere outside of the State sanctioned website - NJAW.

Ehorsex is hosted in Costa Rica, not subject to our laws. I would advise caution. Big-Brother is watching for lost tax dollars.

If they're watching for U.S. gamblers who might be making a tax free killing on betting exchanges then they're wasting taxpayer dollars.

The big windfalls come on betting exotics in the U.S. not on win betting on an exchange. I'm not saying people don't make money on an exchange, but there probably isn't a lot of taxable revenue being made. All you have to do is look at the liquidity. You can't even bet much on U.S. races on an exchange.

Hopefully, this will change someday, but for now, IRS agents should focus on auditing people who are making lots of money. Wonder if the IRS ever audited Bernie Madoff?