PDA

View Full Version : Fire Fox hiding on me!

Tom
12-18-2008, 10:26 AM
New one just started. I exit FF and then later try to get into it again and it will not load. IE will work fine, but FF will not start up. Then, when I go to shut the computer down, I get a message that FF is open and do I want to save the session for next time, but danged if I can find FF anywhere.
Not sure if this is related to the upgrades from Hell last week, as it only started yesterday.

bigmack
12-19-2008, 01:23 PM
Dig around in here T:

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Firefox+is+already+running+but+is+not+responding

DJofSD
12-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Launch the MS Task Manager and kill the firefox.exe that's still hanging around.

raybo
12-20-2008, 05:42 PM
Launch the MS Task Manager and kill the firefox.exe that's still hanging around.

There you go. But chances are you still have a problem. Does it happen when you still have tabs open? Could be something in your settings for FF.

Tom
12-20-2008, 09:00 PM
I used TM to shit down the process FF.exe, and it has not happened again since then. I also danced the security tango, too, so that might have cleaned up whatever it was.

Thanks for the help, guys! :ThmbUp:

bigmack
12-20-2008, 11:34 PM
I used TM to shit down the process FF.exe
Who inadvertently types funnier shit than you? I say, not a soul.

Homeland Security Orange Alert: We've got some TM usage to shit down an FF.exe process in upstate NY, over...
:cool:

JustRalph
12-21-2008, 02:36 AM
Who inadvertently types funnier shit than you? I say, not a soul.

Homeland Security Orange Alert: We've got some TM usage to shit down an FF.exe process in upstate NY, over...
:cool:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
12-21-2008, 04:11 PM
:bang::bang::bang: