PDA

View Full Version : Freshmen Stallions

Alyblakester
12-16-2008, 09:33 PM
The Blood Horse has Curlin, Big Brown, and Henry The Navigator featured in this week's edition as the highest-priced incoming stallions. Curlin's $75,000 fee is tops, of course. Who do you guys like among the new boys on the breeding block? (Blood-Horse lists a few more with lesser fees that are every bit exciting).

BIG49010
12-16-2008, 09:57 PM
I think Lewis Michael might be a steal, he has shown good form on grass, dirt, and poly. Great Dam side, 1/2 to BC 2yr Champion, raced at 2,3,4 and 5. He is priced right also.

big frank
12-18-2008, 12:32 AM
I think Lewis Michael might be a steal, he has shown good form on grass, dirt, and poly. Great Dam side, 1/2 to BC 2yr Champion, raced at 2,3,4 and 5. He is priced right also. i agree,, he should do very well

barn11
12-20-2008, 02:28 PM
Looked at a few while in Lexington for the Nov. sales. Majestic Warrior was probably the best looking. Beautiful AP Indy type with maybe a bit more leg than his sire. Just not sure how talented he was. Henry the Navigator was a medium sized, very 'neat" looking horse. Heatseeker was impressive in a heavy, stout way-reminded me more of an Alydar. Midnight Lute is very nice, but atypical for a sprinter-leggy,somewhat long backed, not heavily muscled. Brother Derek made a nice appearance-not sure what to make of his pedigree, tho. A surprise was Ready's Image. I usually don't look at these early 2yo that don't train on, but he is a very attractive horse. Bigger than his sire and very athletic looking. Scat Daddy(second crop) is a very impressive horse-balanced, good looking and plenty of bone and substance. Divine Park was a attractive , medium sized horse that I would certainly buy as a racing prospect, but might not be big and strong enough to produce a big impressive sales yearling.