PDA

View Full Version : My vote for HOY

Nacumi
12-14-2008, 06:10 PM
The beautiful, mighty Pepper's Pride, notching her world record 19th win today from 19 starts, retiring an undefeated millionaire. Good for her, and congrats to her connections.:jump:

onefast99
12-14-2008, 06:42 PM
That is quite an accomplishment, I wonder where the fellow is who was going to the windows with both hands to bet against her. Maybe not horse of the year but a record that will stand for a long long time.

Tom Barrister
12-14-2008, 07:12 PM
I took a stand against her in the other thread, and I'm still here and still solvent. I didn't play the race. The competition was only 2-1 odds, so there wasn't any value there.

Alyblakester
12-14-2008, 07:12 PM
congrats PP :)

onefast99
12-14-2008, 07:51 PM
I took a stand against her in the other thread, and I'm still here and still solvent. I didn't play the race. The competition was only 2-1 odds, so there wasn't any value there.
There really was no competition in that race she is that good of a horse, you can only watch a race like that one and cheer her on tough to bet at those odds.

Peter Berry
12-14-2008, 08:30 PM
The beautiful, mighty Pepper's Pride, notching her world record 19th win today from 19 starts, retiring an undefeated millionaire. Good for her, and congrats to her connections.:jump:

A terrific achievement, to be sure, but doesn't Kincsem hold the world record of 54 starts for 54 wins?

bigmack
12-14-2008, 09:57 PM
For a TexMex Chick, she ain't bad.

vZm3jE-kq8Q

Zman179
12-14-2008, 10:37 PM
Horse of the year? A horse who consistently beats up on nobodies? A horse who has never even smelled a graded stake?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

JustRalph
12-14-2008, 11:30 PM
There are hundreds of posts on this board about owners and trainers who mis-manage their horses (according to PA members anyway) maybe the connections of Peppers Pride should be applauded for knowing exactly where this horse should stay to maximize her performance and value?

I applaud them for their management of Peppers Pride.

Nacumi
12-15-2008, 09:16 AM
There are hundreds of posts on this board about owners and trainers who mis-manage their horses (according to PA members anyway) maybe the connections of Peppers Pride should be applauded for knowing exactly where this horse should stay to maximize her performance and value?
I applaud them for their management of Peppers Pride.

Exactly my point, Ralph. A horse that makes that many starts, winning all, retiring undefeated, and is still sound, was very well cared for and spotted in her career.
It's hard to win one race, whether it's maiden 5K or in stakes company. Let's just celebrate the accomplishments of a terrific athlete who doesn't happen to be an overvalued stallion prospect that ran only 6 times, winning 3, then retiring at 3. Or at 2, for that matter.;)

supercap
12-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Great management on this horse. In this cas the whole team should be applauded for a fabulous job with this filly. They could have done what Nick Zito does .

classhandicapper
12-15-2008, 03:51 PM
I suspect that she's quite a bit better than she's given credit for based on her speed figures and the class of the races she was competing in. A horse simply doesn't go 19 for 19 without being massively better than the competition. The variety of paces, trips etc... she was exposed to that typically flip flop the results between horses of even reasonably similar ability couldn't do her in. That's telling you there was more in the tank than she showed on numerous occasions. She was probably an overlay yesterday. :D

Nacumi
12-15-2008, 06:20 PM
What struck me about her yesterday, in particular, was her presence: a beautiful, elegant looking mare, NO wraps on her legs, shiny coat and very collected and professional. A lovely mare, a champion, regardless of the "class" ratings and company, and to win every one of her starts is just extraordinary. I hope she goes on to produce many winners of her own. :)