PDA

View Full Version : FG 4

bellsbendboy
12-14-2008, 01:40 PM

Nickle nonwinners two claimer represents the worst horses at any track and this bunch is no different. "Bandits will be favored and appears the default victor, but 3yo's tagged up for 5K never a good play......... Adding "Rebecca who broke her maiden off a seven month sabbatical and could not have been entered in a more odd spot in her last. Small time owner/trainers are less than bashful when clouding the form of their charges and this 5yo old mare was placed against open company and at a route of ground for the first time! Fronts and a sending ride out of a bad hole made this one look very bad. "Chopper" up today and the last time he rode the money came down. Two long.

The only filly that has started was ninety to one!!! 1,2,4,5,6,7

More nonwinners and again a small time owner/trainer catches our eye. A Little Elusive appeared less than interested in similar spot three weeks ago. The bug took a good hold and this EQ 5yo galloped out with a flourish into a big headwind. Gabriel gave this one a useful blowout for this and not much too beat save for Angel's colt who caught a conveyor belt surface in his last and had no chance at all.

One of the real good angles in the last ten years or so is to buy yearlings from old mares bred to new stallions. Two prominent midwest trainers have consistently cashed on this; Kenny McPeek and Dale Romans. With that in mind Amber Lake looks plenty live at a good price. By a first crop sire and out of a mare that threw a graded winner some fifteen years ago. Barn does not start many juveniles and this one legged up nicely before turkey morning salty gate half. Toss the misprinted Canadian work and note the signer on the sales slip...Dale Romans! Also Cape Seattle whose work pattern mirrors that of good looking Vindication colt Caviar who debuted at two turns last weekend. Assmussen works all of his babies in company and this expensive 2yo in training but buried that workmate Dec 2.... and Flat Out who was less than that when given debut race at Churchill. Flatter colt out of a mare that won four as juvenile may need more ground but five panel bullet before heading south indicates talent. Playing 2,10 / 124567 / 11 / 2,6,11 Goos cappin. bbb

Mineshaft
12-14-2008, 01:50 PM
I didnt play the Pick 4 but race 2 i had 6 horses that i would use if i did play the Pick 4

$384 ticket

I didnt play this but if i would that would be my ticket.

race 5 was a tough race for me to handicap. Lots of excellent trainers in that race.

Also those numbers in races 2-4 were also going to be my Pick 3 wager $96 ticket.

Mineshaft
12-14-2008, 02:08 PM
Race 2 was a great betting race but as far as quality goes well there wasnt any in that race. $14 horse to start off my would be Pick 3 and Pick 4

Mineshaft
12-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Was the #2 a late scratch or what? i didnt see the horse scratched earlier in the changes.

Mineshaft
12-14-2008, 02:28 PM
He was a late scratch after running off in post parade.

Mineshaft
12-14-2008, 03:26 PM
Pick 3 and Pick 4 got busted by the 10 in race 4

Mineshaft
12-14-2008, 03:31 PM
Pick 4 payed $272

bellsbendboy
12-16-2008, 10:37 AM

Our steeds run second and third behind Jet to Seattle ($14) with late splits a bit slower, than real slow. "Seattle had the fortune to lose Lonnie Meche after her last when hard sent by that one to the tune of :21 flat; a fraction that Dooley immediately questioned and the form deleted. Under Jacinto this one settled with that in itself a tough read. Rebecca", sans fronts, opened at two to one and had every chance but is not much....even money Bandit is taken by Klesaris believe it or not, figuring first money this class is 9K.

Nicks runs few short and Robby makes zero mistakes and at eighty cents on the dollar, first time homebred Southern Star wires the other bayou bred newcomers.

Our single A Little Elusive off at nearly ten to one runs a big one but can't get to Angel's dropper Sterling Niner ($7). We figured the public might miss this one but no, they were all over the winner. As posted, the 4yo Luhuk runner had no chance in his last when drawing wide on the Mountaineer conveyor belt. The exacta comes back a tasty $50 perhaps somewhat due to the DRF beat writer selecting Sr. Marvin as his best bet on the card!! "marvin was entered in a 50K stake last week and could not get past the vet. The bug dropping the stick did not help our team here at all... Lonnie Meche again showed his "go"manship with a sub :22 opening quarter while very well clear.

"Scooter" gave Flat Out his debut, worked him back, then gave Nicks the baked cake with candles lit as this son of Flatter smoked home a clear winner while bet down to $8. Flatter stands at the big farm for only $5K and could not have a better pedigree being by AP Indy out of a super Claiborne family. This colt will not see one turn again and may win right back if he doesn't get the short pole. The four comes back $545 for a deuce and we bent the hell out of this ticket but three faves winning generally eliminates us; reasonably solid cappin aside. BBB