PDA

View Full Version : Peter Arnett

Doug
03-30-2003, 06:29 PM
The Peter Arnett interview on Iraqi TV is unbelievable.

He had to have a gun to his head or at his family's head.

Or maybe he is related to Amazin.

Doug

JustRalph
03-30-2003, 07:34 PM
I didn't see the interview.....was it his usual un-american slant?

I hear people talk about how only "pretty people' get to be on tv. Peter bucks the trend.

Doug
03-30-2003, 07:53 PM
I would think it will be all over the news tonite.

Way further than his usual.

First saw it on CNN and figured I must have missed some part of it. then FOX had it and there it was.

Doug

so.cal.fan
03-30-2003, 08:25 PM
Peter Arnett is an MSNBC reporter or rather National Geographic.
I have never seen him on CNN or FOX.
What did he say?

PaceAdvantage
03-30-2003, 08:26 PM
Just saw the tape....he's not acting like a man under any kind of duress. I'm inclined to believe HE believes every word coming out of his mouth....

Nothing like career suicide....

Doug
03-30-2003, 08:33 PM
I just don't understand how he could do something like that without being under duress.

Career suicide. thats nothing compared to what should be done to him if in fact he was not under duress.

Doug

PaceAdvantage
03-30-2003, 08:36 PM
Wait a minute....what's that scraping noise???

Oh, it's just Emile pasting a huge poster of Peter Arnett on his bedroom wall......LOL

Doug
03-30-2003, 08:59 PM
Yeah. Then emile and amazin can get out the Saddam blow-up dolls.

Doug

Dave Schwartz
03-30-2003, 10:56 PM
I was watching Fox and a guest said that these were similar to comments he made in the previous Gulf war. The guest kept referring to it as "Aiding and abbeting (sp?) the enemy."

Not sure that it will end his career any more than it did last time, but one can always hope.

Dave

BillW
03-31-2003, 01:04 AM
Sadly he doesn't know the difference between free speech and sedition.

But, yes Dave, he works for NGeo for a reason and seems to be desperately searching for an audience where he has credibility.

I've been keeping my eye on MSNBC to see if they are accepting any more of his field reports.

Bill

Big Bill
03-31-2003, 09:31 AM
Neal Boortz has a great line on his web page this morning. He said:

"Peter Arnett is Jane Fonda with a really bad comb-over".

Big Bill

so.cal.fan
03-31-2003, 10:02 AM
I saw his "interview". MSNBC, NBC and the DISCOVERY channel has FIRED him!
I never did like his reports, he always sounded if he was on the other side. I can't believe they even used this guy in the first place.
I'm glad we won't have to see him anymore.
Maybe he'll get a new job on an Arab TV station!

Tom
03-31-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Doug
Yeah. Then emile and amazin can get out the Saddam blow-up dolls.

Doug

Tommy Franks has the francise on those! :eek:

Tom
03-31-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Big Bill
Neal Boortz has a great line on his web page this morning. He said:

"Peter Arnett is Jane Fonda with a really bad comb-over".

Big Bill
Wonder how many Iraqi's he killed today with those words?
I certainly hopoe he is one of the building we bomb tonight.
He can phone in an interview from Hell!
"Ifind Satan to be a rather likable fellow, not at all the demon Christians make him out to be. I think they are mistaken in their assessment of him! This is Peter Arnnet, in Hell. Hiraldo?"

PaceAdvantage
03-31-2003, 01:01 PM
Actually, he was crying crocodile tears on the Today Show this morning, apologizing to everyone and trying to save his ass.

JustRalph
03-31-2003, 03:34 PM
Where is he going to Work now? He has blown it in every job he has had. In the next War.....

"This is Peter Arnett reporting from the 5th Street playground for Nick at Night ! "

:D

Dave Schwartz
03-31-2003, 04:37 PM
I would be interested in the opinion of Amazin and Hcap on the subject of Peter Arnett.

Would either of you care to comment?

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

JustRalph
03-31-2003, 04:44 PM
I heard this afternoon on the radio that he is having a problem with getting any help leaving the country. The U.S. is telling them they don't have time to help him. He is supposed to be trying to find a way to Jordan with his camera man and producer. They can't get a ride. I am sure the other news types won't even be caught dead standing near him. God Forbid you get caught in a picture with him.

Doug
03-31-2003, 05:02 PM
He should stay in Iraq and go to work for Iraq TV.

Doug

penguinfan
03-31-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage

Nothing like career suicide....

Dude, you called it!

Penguinfan

Doug
03-31-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Dave Schwartz
I would be interested in the opinion of Amazin and Hcap on the subject of Peter Arnett.

Would either of you care to comment?

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

I figure Amazin is either preparing for his Iraqi TV interview or visiting another one of his relatives. Like this De Genoa guy at Columbia University.

Columbiaspectator.com

Doug

Suff
03-31-2003, 05:26 PM
Peter Arnet Interviewed Osama Bin Laden in 1997. In this question and subsequent answer. Bin Laden Mentions Iraq 10 times. He also says that "something will Happen" as a result of the USA killing 600,000 Iraq Children. He also states No -non Muslim can even be present in a Muslim Country.......and simply by thier presence in a Muslim country they are subject to whatever fate he decides.

ARNETT: Mr. Bin Ladin, you've declared a jihad against the United States. Can you tell us why? And is the jihad directed against the US government or the United States' troops in Arabia? What about US civilians in Arabia or the people of the United States?

BIN LADIN: We declared jihad against the US government, because the US government is unjust, criminal and tyrannical. It has committed acts that are extremely unjust, hideous and criminal whether directly or through its support of the Israeli occupation of the Prophet's Night Travel Land (Palestine). And we believe the US is directly responsible for those who were killed in Palestine, Lebanon and Iraq. The mention of the US reminds us before everything else of those innocent children who were dismembered, their heads and arms cut off in the recent explosion that took place in Qana (in Lebanon). This US government abandoned even humanitarian feelings by these hideous crimes. It transgressed all bounds and behaved in a way not witnessed before by any power or any imperialist power in the world. They should have been considerate that the qibla (Mecca) of the Muslims upheaves the emotion of the entire Muslim World. Due to its subordination to the Jews the arrogance and haughtiness of the US regime has reached, to the extent that they occupied the qibla of the Muslims (Arabia) who are more than a billion in the world today. For this and other acts of aggression and injustice, we have declared jihad against the US, because in our religion it is our duty to make jihad so that God's word is the one exalted to the heights and so that we drive the Americans away from all Muslim countries. As for what you asked whether jihad is directed against US soldiers, the civilians in the land of the Two Holy Places (Saudi Arabia, Mecca and Medina) or against the civilians in America, we have focused our declaration on striking at the soldiers in the country of The Two Holy Places. The country of the Two Holy Places has in our religion a peculiarity of its own over the other Muslim countries. In our religion, it is not permissible for any non-Muslim to stay in our country. Therefore, even though American civilians are not targeted in our plan, they must leave. We do not guarantee their safety, because we are in a society of more than a billion Muslims. A reaction might take place as a result of US government's hitting Muslim civilians and executing more than 600 thousand Muslim children in Iraq by preventing food and medicine from reaching them. So, the US is responsible for any reaction, because it extended its war against troops to civilians. This is what we say. As for what you asked regarding the American people, they are not exonerated from responsibility, because they chose this government and voted for it despite their knowledge of its crimes in Palestine, Lebanon, Iraq and in other places and its support of its agent regimes who filled our prisons with our best children and scholars. We ask that may God release them

I've been spending some time researching Fundemental Islam. I also have been looking into the great Empires....The Persian Empire...The Roman Empire... The Ottomans and the Byzantines. I believe I can firmly produce scholarly evidence, that in Fact , ISLAM was a major factor in the fall of these and other non-muslims civilizations over the last 15 Centuries. If anyone truly has an interest in this.......I'll compile it and Post it. Its really Bizarre.

hurrikane
03-31-2003, 05:44 PM
Ok...so I'm guessing A-f'in-mazin, emile and hcap are really Arnet in cognito....

Guessing he's bucking for top spot on Al-Jazeer....

Also Geraldo was booted...damn..there goes the Saddam's vault show...and I had popcorn and everything...

doophus
03-31-2003, 07:21 PM
Sufferin'

Thanks for the above post and the post in the other thread about Islam. I know of no other major religion that proselytizes via the sword. Keep the history posts coming!!

Understand The Daily Mirror has hired Peter Arnett. Once again, that super-liberal rag has lived up to its reputation.

Suff
03-31-2003, 07:53 PM
I have information in great detail.....And I can and will Post it at another time.

.Prior to this war I did have a Basic Understanding of the great Empires of the last 2000 years. I have done alot of personal Research in to The Angles and Saxons. These two Tribes Came into Northern Europe from Denmark and Germany in the 5th and 6th Century. My Last name is actually "Angle" in nature. My last name means "Dry Place" in old Angle. For those that may not know.....England is of course a derivative from "Angleland" and the common acronym "Wasp" stands for White Anglo-Saxon Protestant. Every single President of the United States has been a WASP.........except for one. John F Kennedy.

The only Race-religion-creed to have stemmed the tide of Radical Islamist has been the Anglo-Saxon Tribes.

Here's a few quick Captions from Articles Realting to the fall of The Roman (byzantine) , Turkish and Persain Empires

But the emperor Heraclius who ruled from 610 to 640 conducted 3 brilliant military campaigns and destroyed the Persian empire and regained Syria, Palestine, Egypt and the Holy Cross.

The empire was then confronted with a new enemy that of Islam and Arabs attacked the Byzantine empire and by the middle of the seventh century they had subjugated Palestine, Syria, Persia, Egypt and most of Northern Africa.

Every year an Arab fleet attacked Constantinople and the weakened empire was also threatened by the Bulgars who in 680 would settle in what today is Bulgaria.

The Seljuks
The Oğuz, who destroyed the Ghaznavid state, succeeded in bringing Anatolia, Iraq, the southern part of the Caucasus, Azerbaijan and the north of Iran under Turkish rule. The Oğuz had first formed the Gökütrk Empire in the 6th century; after the expansion of Islam among the Turks, but among the Turks the Oguz came to be called the Turkmens.

Tuğrul Bey and Çağrı (Çakır) Bey were the grandsons of Seljuks whose name the Seljuks Dynasty adopted. In their time they, and the Oğuz, known as the Seljuks in history, subdued Horasan, defeated the Ghaznavid ruler Mesud in Dandanakan Battle and established the Great Seljuk empire in 1040.

In 1071, Alp Arslan (1063-1072) fought the battle of Malazgirt and having defeated the Byzantine Emperor's forces in this battle opened the doors of Anatolia to the Moslem Turk.

The year 1071 is considered to be the beginning of the Turks and that of Islam Anatolia. It is following this date that the Turks fully conquered the whole of Anatolia and established the Anatolian Seljuk state there as a part of the great Seljuk Empire

------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 1356 the Ottoman Turks crossed to Europe and captured Adrianople which they converted into their capital.

Within 30 years they had overrun Bulgaria, Serbia and had reached the Danube by 1390.

They also expanded into Asia until they were defeated by the Mongol leader Tamerlane in 1402.

The Ottoman Turks finally conquered Constantinople in 1453. The siege took 7 weeks and the city faced an army of 160,000 Turks with only 9,000 soldiers and the great eastern fortress of Christianity fell to Islam.

The fall of Constantinople was profoundly important for when it fell the last direct link with the classical era was broken.

Rome had perished then New Rome and an historical epoch had ended.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the Prophet’s death in 632 Islam spread rapidly under the Caliphs. Their wars of devotion were aided by a fierce devotion to the idea of jihad or holy war against any cause thought to be unjust.

In 636 Arab forces conquered Syria and in 642 conquered Persia.

The imposition of a head tax on all Muslims encouraged conversion and for the most part Jews and Christians enjoyed some form of toleration for they worshipped the same god as the Muslims.

In 661 after the death of the last of the first four caliphs, the governor of Syria proclaimed himself caliph and founded the Umayyad Dynasty that lasted until 750.

The Umayyad were very aggressive and expanded into the Mediterranean, into Spain in 711 and even gained a foothold in southern France.

They were defeated by Charles Martel near Tours in 732 in a decisive battle that halted their expansion into Europe.

At the same time the Muslims were expanding into central Asia and by the 8th century they had converts and provinces in Turkey and India.

Tom
03-31-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Doug
He should stay in Iraq and go to work for Iraq TV.

Doug

As a TV repaiman? <G>

Kentucky Bred
03-31-2003, 09:54 PM
Peter Arnett tells his side of the story:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/page.cfm?objectid=12795678&method=full&siteid=50143

Kentucky Bred

Tom
03-31-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Sufferindowns

Peter Arnet Interviewed Osama Bin Laden in 1997.

Then he is a traitor because he didn't kill him when he had the chance. This thing about "journalists" being neutral is crap. If you are an American, you don't sit and chat with our enemies.

...... If anyone truly has an interest in this.......I'll compile it and Post it. Its really Bizarre.

I am interested, but there is really only one thing we need to know about islam....it's GPS coordinates!

Dave Schwartz
04-01-2003, 01:18 AM
>>>In his own words
Peter Arnett tells his side of the story:<<<

Well, so much for apologies, huh?

Dave

rastajenk
04-01-2003, 10:28 AM
I thought his apology in the morning came off a little flat. He seemed to be sorry for upsetting people, but didn't seem to understand why. A short twelve hours later, he gets a new gig and makes clear that he'll never understand why.From his say in the Mirror:Because I stated the obvious to Iraqi television; that the US war timetable has fallen by the wayside.

Yeah, I guess the war planners cc'd ol Pete with all the details of the Mission, so that it could all be so obvious to him.

The right-wing media and politicians are looking for any opportunity to be critical of the reporters who are here, whatever their nationality
It's the vast right-wing conspiracy again rearing its ugly head!

The Ba'ath party, currently led by Saddam Hussein, has been in power for 34 years. Tariq Aziz told me the US will have to brainwash 25 million Iraqis because these people think exactly the same as Saddam does.

Maybe he is wrong, maybe not.
Hey Pete, I thought you were the master of the obvious. Why can't you figure this one out.

Just like in Afghanistan and Vietnam, the US is bringing enormous firepower to bear which it believes will grind the Iraqis down.
Dancing around the Q-word, I see. Why not come right out and say it?

Some reporters make judgements but that is not my style. I present both sides and report what I see with my own eyes.
Uh, right. Whatever.
:)

Lefty
04-01-2003, 10:00 PM
Right, Peter. Report what you know and what you see, but not to the enemy f'God's sake!