PDA

View Full Version : American Turf Monthly

dav4463
12-13-2008, 01:13 AM
Does anyone read it? I still read it, but it doesn't seem to have much in it anymore. Over half of the magazine is filled with Horses to Watch and ads.

I used to look forward to it every month. I would try out all the Dan Geer and Ray Taulbot angles and circle my horses to watch that were running the day I went to the track.

Then I would try to figure out why I didn't catch the same boxcar winners that I would read about the next month! I always thought I just picked the wrong track or something!

Tom
12-13-2008, 10:01 AM
Just picked up the December issue last night.
Agree, it has gone downhill, but I still read it.

boxcar
12-13-2008, 12:11 PM
ATM is probably following in the wake of a declining industry that is on its way to extinction.

Boxcar

Greyfox
12-13-2008, 01:23 PM
They're using a higher quality of paper. That costs more so they seem to give you less. The articles no longer seem to have the depth they once had. I still read it though.
Sometimes the Front Cover is the best part of the mag.

Tom
12-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Boxcar, we are all on our way to extinction! I just like to read on the trip! :lol:

BlueShoe
12-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Have not read ATM for many years on a regular basis,but when I come across it on a newstand,which is rarely,will take time to skim through it.Last time I saw it,Barry Meadow,who posts on occasion on this forum,had a column in the mag.

Norm
12-16-2008, 08:53 PM
I still subscribe to ATM. It's no match for the old "Turf and Sport Digest", but it's an o.k. read.

Frontenac
12-16-2008, 09:00 PM
I read it, but their horse to watch system has become somewhat antiquated.