PDA

View Full Version : What do the Clintons have on Obama?

PaceAdvantage
12-12-2008, 02:48 AM
Camille Paglia wrote an interesting article posted at Salon.com....

Given Obama's elaborate deference to the Clintons, beginning with his over-accommodation of them at the Democratic convention in August, a nagging question has floated around the Web: What do the Clintons have on him? No one doubts that the Clinton opposition research team was turning over every rock in its mission to propel Hillary into the White House. There's an information vacuum here that conspiracy theorists have been rushing to fill.As for Obama's appointment of Hillary Clinton as secretary of state, what sense does that make except within parochial Democratic politics? Awarding such a prize plum to Hillary may be a sop to her aggrieved fan base, but what exactly are her credentials for that position? Aside from being a mediocre senator (who, contrary to press reports, did very little for upstate New York), Hillary has a poor track record as both a negotiator and a manager.Meanwhile, an area where too many in the mainstream media have been oddly AWOL is in the response to the attack on Mumbai, India, two weeks ago by a squad of Pakistan-based terrorists, who killed nearly 200 people. Reaction in the U.S. was somewhat muted because the protracted standoff occurred over the Thanksgiving holiday, when many Americans were traveling or absorbed in family business. But I was troubled by a persistent soft-pedaling of the identification of the attackers as Muslims --as if the mere reporting of that fact would be offensive and politically incorrect.The slaughter of the Holtzbergs and other Jews at Chabad House should be a wake-up call to Western liberals who believe that jihadism can be defeated through reason and happy talk. Only other Muslims can launch the stringent internal reform necessary to stomp this barbaric extremism out. But the events in Mumbai confirmed my opinion about the looming problem of a nuclear Iran: While I oppose all American military operations and bases in the Mideast, I continue to believe that Israel, whose security is directly threatened, has every right to take preemptive military action against Iran.Meanwhile, Sarah Palin's rehabilitation has been well launched. Step by step over the past five weeks since the election, headlines about Palin in the mainstream media and some Web news sites have become more neutral and even laudatory, signifying that a shift toward reality is already at hand. My confidence about Palin's political future continues, as does my disgust at the provincial snobbery and amoral trashing of her reputation by the media and liberal elite, along with some conservative insiders.Too many American liberals claim to be defenders of the working class and then run like squealing mice from working-class manners and mores (including moose hunting and wolf control). What smirky, sheltered hypocrites. Get the broom!

Yeah, she touches on many subjects...a long but solid piece in my opinion.

Read it here:

http://www.salon.com/opinion/paglia/2008/12/10/hillary_mumbai/index.html

And thanks to JustRalph for pointing this article out to me...

Greyfox
12-12-2008, 03:18 AM
Question: What do the Clintons have on Obama?

Answer: Eight years in the White House.

ddog
12-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Pa

Where to start?
She is peddling nonsense, even her own quotes you put up are at cross purposes.

Read the one about Israel and the ME again.
The only way to understand that is that Israel should handle the ME and we should not be there at all?

You agree that's a valid course of action?

Clinton=Obama, no dark secret need be postulated.
So now she/you/ralphie think the Clintons HAD/have something and would not use it to WIN, why is that exactly?
The same crowd that accused them of killing people NOW thinks they would balk at "using" something on paper or tape to WIN?

Come on, you cheapen yourself with that line.

bama wanted to win, knew he wouldn't if most of "her" crowd didn't get behind him, knew(thinks) he could control her better in the cabinet than in the Senate.

Could be a smart move, we will see.

No need to go on, the rest is just as goofy.

But I will. The reporting of Mumbai was MUTED??!!!!!
It was 7X24 everyday.
The MSM fell all over themselves alll but saying within minutes that it was ISI trained perps. Well ISI trained from PAK is Muslim baby!
She must have been ensconced in her elitist treehouse if she didn't see that AQ/binladen/muslims were tagged within 5 minutes as the perps by every media.

She is a hack.

NJ Stinks
12-12-2008, 12:59 PM
She is a hack.

Well put.

PaceAdvantage
12-12-2008, 10:06 PM
Well put.You think?

HUSKER55
12-13-2008, 07:24 AM
hILLARY IS A HACK.

She survived Whitewater and her husbands "golden zipper" and then maneuvered into New York to take the senate seat after their second term in the White House.
A cheap hooker will bring down her husband but I don't think anything except a "silver bullit" will bring down Hillary.