PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions regarding TVG

Nmytwenties
12-11-2008, 11:16 PM
I have basic cable service so I don't get TVG. I do however get the chance to view an hour of coverage on FOX Sports Ohio on Wed and Thurs and some Fridays. I was wanting to get your opinion on these two TVG related topics.

1 - For the last couple of weeks on Wed and Thurs they have just had Aqueduct during the early hours with Hawthorne coming on a bit later. The other tracks running at the time are Magna tracks on the HRTV network I assume. I was thinking today, what happens when Aqueduct cancels?? They don't have any other tracks at that time. I guess the anchors would be in a very challenging situation there to not see ratings plummet.

2 - I think the network does an ok job, at least in the small sampling I view on weekdays but I have noticed one thing that is kinda quirky. It seems like the only wager the anchors ever talk about or try to nail down are Pick 3's, Pick4's and Pick6's. It's like all other wagers don't exists to them. Has anyone else ever noticed this. The only thing I could think of as a reason would be that these wagers help to keep viewers for a longer time as they are spread out as opposed to single race bets (Exacta's, Tri's).

Again I only see coverage for an hour during the day, not sure if other TVG anchors I don't get to see do things differently or not.

JustRalph
12-12-2008, 02:25 AM
a
1 - For the last couple of weeks on Wed and Thurs they have just had Aqueduct during the early hours with Hawthorne coming on a bit later. The other tracks running at the time are Magna tracks on the HRTV network I assume. I was thinking today, what happens when Aqueduct cancels?? They don't have any other tracks at that time. I guess the anchors would be in a very challenging situation there to not see ratings plummet.

****They run daytime Harness races....from Upstate NY
mostly if my memory serves me........ Monticello maybe. If all is canceled they can go into "re-run" mode. They play mostly taped shows of a half hour or more........"legends" etc........stuff they have in the vault just for this event. Some of it is good.........some is pretty bad.......... but they always have something to run.

BillW
12-12-2008, 02:34 AM
2 - I think the network does an ok job, at least in the small sampling I view on weekdays but I have noticed one thing that is kinda quirky. It seems like the only wager the anchors ever talk about or try to nail down are Pick 3's, Pick4's and Pick6's. It's like all other wagers don't exists to them. Has anyone else ever noticed this. The only thing I could think of as a reason would be that these wagers help to keep viewers for a longer time as they are spread out as opposed to single race bets (Exacta's, Tri's).

Again I only see coverage for an hour during the day, not sure if other TVG anchors I don't get to see do things differently or not.

They are trying to drive handle. They put these plays up on their site as quick picks - just click and bet with the host. Pick 4's bring in $48 a piece where others might only bring in $2.

MickJ26
12-12-2008, 08:58 AM
I have basic cable service so I don't get TVG. I do however get the chance to view an hour of coverage on FOX Sports Ohio on Wed and Thurs and some Fridays. I was wanting to get your opinion on these two TVG related topics.

They usually have back up tracks like Philadelphia until Hollywood comes on later.
All they do is talk and talk and talk and talk anyway, so they don't really need too much live racing to fill in between commercials.
I assume they promote multi race exotics instead of wps or exactas because the track's take outs are higher, plus they're usually more challenging bets.

Mineshaft
12-12-2008, 09:09 AM
They will pick up other tracks if Aqueduct cancels and also will air harness racing in its spot.