PDA

View Full Version : NFL - Week 15

ponyplayerdotca
12-11-2008, 01:48 PM
SAINTS at BEARS tonight kicks off the week at hand.

Thoughts?

Big games on the weekend:

T.B. at ATL.

PIT. at BALT.

DEN. at CAR.

BUF. at NYJ.

MIN. at ARIZ.

NYG. at DAL.

Where do I bet my money this weekend guys?

swedejxn
12-11-2008, 04:01 PM
I say Arizona..... Jackson back at QB for Minnesota and they cannot score enough points with him at the helm to be in this game.... Peterson would have to rush for 400 yards and 5 TDS

Robert Fischer
12-11-2008, 04:11 PM
Pittsburgh +2.5 (vs. Baltimore)

They say never bet your favorite team:ThmbDown::ThmbDown::D
Have to break the rule this time. Momentum is a great thing in football, but the Ravens have simply had one of the weaker schedules. If I knew for a fact that the Steelers were to start Mewelde Moore at halfback, even better.

Marshall Bennett
12-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Chicago ( -3 )

cj's dad
12-12-2008, 12:37 AM
Pittsburgh +2.5 (vs. Baltimore)

They say never bet your favorite team:ThmbDown::ThmbDown::D
Have to break the rule this time. Momentum is a great thing in football, but the Ravens have simply had one of the weaker schedules. If I knew for a fact that the Steelers were to start Mewelde Moore at halfback, even better.

Robert, Robert, Robert............. The Ravens schedule has been equally tough and they are at home vs. a team with a poor offensive line and a beat up and deer in the headlights QB.

Ray Lewis, Tyrell Suggs, et al are a fearsome front seven- may all come out in good health; the EMT's will however be close by.

Robert Fischer
12-12-2008, 07:40 AM
Robert, Robert, Robert............. The Ravens schedule has been equally tough and they are at home vs. a team with a poor offensive line and a beat up and deer in the headlights QB.

Ray Lewis, Tyrell Suggs, et al are a fearsome front seven- may all come out in good health; the EMT's will however be close by.
:confused:

Spoken like a true Baltimoron ;)

just kidding , The Steelers / Ravens games are maybe the two hardest played games in the NFL each year, and usually some of the best. :ThmbUp:

BetHorses!
12-13-2008, 09:52 AM

This should be a great game. IMO these two teams are right behind Tenn & Giants. Pitt had a tougher schedule but I like the Ravens. Would not lay 3 though.

Marshall Bennett
12-13-2008, 10:51 AM
St. Louis ( + 2 1/2 ) vs. Seattle

Kansas City ( + 5 1/2 ) vs. San Diego

cj's dad
12-13-2008, 03:07 PM
This should be a great game. IMO these two teams are right behind Tenn & Giants. Pitt had a tougher schedule but I like the Ravens. Would not lay 3 though.

The point spread effects only 30% of all NFL games - either way + or -

BetHorses!
12-13-2008, 04:00 PM
The point spread effects only 30% of all NFL games - either way + or -

I agree and will root for you... :)

BetHorses!
12-14-2008, 08:22 AM
0-2 last week

22-23 season to date

Bucs +3

Vikes +3

Giants +3

Good Luck

pktruckdriver
12-14-2008, 08:42 AM
What no Love for my 1st Place Dolphins, shame on you guys...

Go Dolphins
=========
home at SF

away at KC

away at Jets

New York Jets
============
home at Buffalo

Away at Seattle

Home at Miami

New England
==========

Away at Oakland

Home at Arizona

Away at Buffalo

It seems that none of those schedules are to hard to overcome, guess we will just have to wait and see what happens, but Miami's schedule does have it set up that the last game could mean a whole lot, as long as New England can stumble along the way, (not likely, as Bill must be given his props)....

But as I said earlier this year the Dolphins should get the Best Improved team of the year award, from 1-15 to possible playoffs berth, is a great turn around.

Patrick

boomman
12-14-2008, 11:09 AM
Patrick: The "dolphs" are greatly improved, NO question! Parcells works his magic again, from the coaching staff on down to key personnel decisions. As for their remaining schedule, they should eke out a win against the 49ers at home today, (although I might not have thought so had Gore been playing) and the 49ers could also be a little weary from travelling as well. As for their last 2 games on the road, KC is a very tough place to play in December (especially for a warm south Florida team) and the Jets will be a tough task for them as well.............

Boomer

pktruckdriver
12-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Patrick: The "dolphs" are greatly improved, NO question! Parcells works his magic again, from the coaching staff on down to key personnel decisions. As for their remaining schedule, they should eke out a win against the 49ers at home today, (although I might not have thought so had Gore been playing) and the 49ers could also be a little weary from travelling as well. As for their last 2 games on the road, KC is a very tough place to play in December (especially for a warm south Florida team) and the Jets will be a tough task for them as well.............

Boomer

Boomer

All you say is true, but let me dream Okay

Patrick

Valuist
12-14-2008, 12:34 PM
YTD: 21-17-1

Only one play: NYG/Dallas UNDER 46.

30 MPH winds for tonights game should hinder both the passing and kicking games.

Marshall Bennett
12-14-2008, 05:51 PM
St. Louis ( + 2 1/2 ) vs. Seattle

Kansas City ( + 5 1/2 ) vs. San Diego
Both led their games for 58 minutes , then lost . Never count on a loser , they'll lose every time . KC did cover spread .

BillW
12-14-2008, 07:32 PM

In NFL history there are 3 QB's tied for most wins in the first 5 years of their career.

Otto Graham
Dan Marino
Tom Brady

They each have 48.

"Deer in the headlights" Roethlisberger is in the 5th year of his career. That was win #50 for him.

ldiatone
12-14-2008, 07:39 PM

steelers 13 ravens 9

BillW
12-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Why did the Titans go for it on 4th and 3 with 2 mins and change left in the game? Was their kicker injured?

I was at the game and couldn't get any information that the broadcast may have had.

EDIT: I just found it - no problem with the kicker - Fisher just said he thought it was out of his kickers range HUH :bang: - he kicked a 51 yarder earlier in the 3rd period that had plenty of distance on it and Reliant is a closed stadium, i.e. no wind.

Robert Fischer
12-14-2008, 08:01 PM
steelers 13 ravens 9

i'll take it...

hard fought game like so many classic Ravens / Steeler matchups
In many ways it was frustrating even with the late win. I am not so confident about the playoffs.

ldiatone
12-14-2008, 08:02 PM
steelers 13 ravens 9

oh by the way final score PITTSBURGH 13 ravens 9.

? who wins the division? ? who can have a bye AND home field adv.if THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS win next 2 games? (snicker) 1 game is w/ the browns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo

Robert Fischer
12-15-2008, 02:38 PM
YTD: 21-17-1

Only one play: NYG/Dallas UNDER 46.

30 MPH winds for tonights game should hinder both the passing and kicking games.

good call

cj's dad
12-15-2008, 07:48 PM
Hey bill,
It was a good but boring game not particularly well played by either team. The Ravens have nothing to be ashamed of; they have lost 5 games, 4 to division leaders and one to the Colts- and all this w/ a rookie QB.
In 5years, Otto Graham certainly did not play in the same # of games as Ben R and I am sure the same applies to Marino, i.e. #of games per year x 5 vs. 16 games x 4 years and 14 this year for BR. Look, BR is a fine QB, but I stand by my assessment that his line is questionable and he did in fact look shaky at times this year, including yesterday.

In NFL history there are 3 QB's tied for most wins in the first 5 years of their career.

Otto Graham
Dan Marino
Tom Brady

They each have 48.

"Deer in the headlights" Roethlisberger is in the 5th year of his career. That was win #50 for him.

sandpit
12-15-2008, 11:47 PM
Hey bill,
Look, BR is a fine QB, but I stand by my assessment that his line is questionable and he did in fact look shaky at times this year, including yesterday.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I am a Steelers fan. I was watching BR play in a college bowl game, and I told my wife he looks pretty composed and tough, I hope Pittsburgh drafts him, because they need a new qb. Much to my delight, it happened, and for the most part he has performed very well since. SB win, plenty of 4th quarter comebacks, good leader.
In the Baltimore game, he was going up against a top defense, but when it mattered most he drove his team 92 yds. for the winning score. Clutch play you don't get out of most qbs. So, a 11-3 against what statistically could be the most difficult schedule in the history of the NFL, at least that's what I heard some guy on TV say today. Not sure, but I guess they can compare difficulty of schedule using opponents' records.

BillW
12-16-2008, 12:09 AM
Hey bill,
It was a good but boring game not particularly well played by either team. The Ravens have nothing to be ashamed of; they have lost 5 games, 4 to division leaders and one to the Colts- and all this w/ a rookie QB.
In 5years, Otto Graham certainly did not play in the same # of games as Ben R and I am sure the same applies to Marino, i.e. #of games per year x 5 vs. 16 games x 4 years and 14 this year for BR. Look, BR is a fine QB, but I stand by my assessment that his line is questionable and he did in fact look shaky at times this year, including yesterday.

Marino played in 71 and Graham 66. Roethlisberger has played in 70 (with 2 games left this year). Sure the line is beat up and at their best 2nd rate, and it is tough playing through injuries, BUT he is winning.

Valuist
12-16-2008, 03:32 PM
good call

It was the right call but I gave the wrong reason. I had a brain cramp and forgot that while Texas Stadium is not a dome, enough of the roof is covered so wind is not a factor. There were other reasons to like the under; the Giants coming off a poor offensive performance, and despite their excellent depth, its still a downgrade losing Jacobs and Burress. Toss in the disfunctional Cowboy offense with the soap opera going on there and there was reason to think the game would go under 46.

cj's dad
12-16-2008, 05:34 PM
I agree that Ben R. is a fine QB- I do not agree however that QB's are the primary reason teams win/lose football games. Football is the most team oriented of the major sports there is, IMO. Basketball requires teamwork, but a great individual player (Jordan) can still stand out in that sport. No matter the position in football, without support, almost all players will fail.
Therefore, I find the comparison with Graham & Marino (Hall of Famers) to be a bit much at this point. By your logic Bill, BR is better than Johnny Unitas who did not win 50 games in his first 5 years. :eek:
The Ravens won in SB XXXV with a stifling TEAM defense and an average (IMO) QB in Trent Dilfer

Marino played in 71 and Graham 66. Roethlisberger has played in 70 (with 2 games left this year). Sure the line is beat up and at their best 2nd rate, and it is tough playing through injuries, BUT he is winning.

BillW
12-16-2008, 05:43 PM
a bit much

I didn't say he was as good as Graham or Marino, just thought your portrayal of him as a confused "deer in the headlights" QB was a bit much. :)

ldiatone
12-16-2008, 05:49 PM
Hey bill,

a point about the steelers Off. line. 4 are new from last year. 4 new guys.
NOW the line is coming togather in time for the playoffs. and the ravens now have to go to dallas. MB could have a Huge game as did the giants running game vs the ravens. 200 yds rushing.
obtw ravens should be ashamed giving up a 92 yd TD drive w/ 3+ mins left
ldiatone

Valuist
12-16-2008, 10:15 PM
I agree that Ben R. is a fine QB- I do not agree however that QB's are the primary reason teams win/lose football games. Football is the most team oriented of the major sports there is, IMO. Basketball requires teamwork, but a great individual player (Jordan) can still stand out in that sport. No matter the position in football, without support, almost all players will fail.
Therefore, I find the comparison with Graham & Marino (Hall of Famers) to be a bit much at this point. By your logic Bill, BR is better than Johnny Unitas who did not win 50 games in his first 5 years. :eek:
The Ravens won in SB XXXV with a stifling TEAM defense and an average (IMO) QB in Trent Dilfer

Bingo on the idea that games are won and lost by other factors than just the quarterback. But its amazing how many fans don't see it that way.....even announcers. If Steve Young was commentating on a game in which Adrian Peterson ran for 200 yards or a defensive player made an INT, a sack and 10 tackles, what would he talk about? The QB because that's all that exists in Steve Young's world.

Other former/current player/announcers I have little use for besides Young: Deion Sanders and Shawne Merriman. A good one or two? Eddie George and Sterling Sharpe.