PDA

View Full Version : It Ain't (only) The Economy ,Stupid

trigger
12-10-2008, 05:41 PM
"Biggest fans lost confidence, marketer says

Racing may have reached a tipping point," Chavez said.
As an analogy to horse racing's problems this year, Chavez cited the widespread loss of confidence in the sport of boxing over the past 20 years because of concerns about integrity.
According to the surveys, racing fans said they were most concerned about the "overmedication" of horses and the perception that the bet-processing system was being manipulated. Chavez also cited high-profile ontrack breakdowns that have marred the Triple Crown and Breeders' Cup over the past few years, as well Big Brown's last-place finish in the Belmont Stakes after being hyped as a kind of superhorse going into the third leg of the Triple Crown."

http://drf.com/news/article/100458.html

onefast99
12-10-2008, 06:49 PM
Yes the medication or over medication of horses is a problem that needs to be addressed immediately. Trainers who cheat should be banned for life.

Tom
12-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Amen.

pktruckdriver
12-10-2008, 09:16 PM
So what about the great horses, will we ever know what type of drugs they had in them, as testing was basically non-existent then, correct?

Cigar, Secretariat, Citation, Dr.Fager, John Henry, Man o'war, Sir Barton,
Seattle Slew, and others.

WILL WE REALLY EVER KNOW IF THEY WERE JUICED BEYOND BELIEF?

Even Big Brown may have won the triple crown if he could have taken his medicine, but he did not and lost.

So what does that say about his trainer, the one we love to hate, seems respect of some kind should be in order , no?

I feel that when all the meds are taken out of the game, we will be lucky to ever have a triple crown winner again, what do you think??

Man I sure tore into this thread, okay enough already.

Patrick

BombsAway Bob
12-10-2008, 09:35 PM
$50 Pay-Per-Views & 32 flavors of so-called "Champions" from various shady Boxing "World Sanctioning Bodies" are two of the main reasons Boxing has fallen off the radar of most sports fans.

strapper
12-10-2008, 09:41 PM
I say Hay, Oats, & Water, go back to natural racing. Best for the horse, that's all that really matters to me.

DeanT
12-10-2008, 10:03 PM
I say Hay, Oats, & Water, go back to natural racing. Best for the horse, that's all that really matters to me.
Bet Hong Kong. 168 hour a week detention barn there.

The only cobra venom in the country is at the zoo, just in case someone gets bitten by a cobra.

Tom Barrister
12-10-2008, 10:47 PM
So what does that say about his trainer, the one we love to hate, seems respect of some kind should be in order , no?

Dutrow has more horses return on 5 or fewer days rest than the next five trainers combined. What does that say for him?