PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan is the ultimate professional

dav4463
12-10-2008, 03:53 PM
I watched the Spurs/Mavericks double OT game. Tim Duncan scored 32 hitting a variety of bank shots, layups, hook shots, and even free throws. He scored the first basket in each OT period to get the Spurs the lead.

He dominated the boards and his defense was as solid as ever. Every offensive set went through Tim Duncan. He either caught the ball and scored or hit the open man. When he didn't get the ball, Duncan would set screens that freed up the eventual open man.

His decision-making on the court is second to none. The big 3 pt shot by Bowen that sealed the win came from a cross court pass by Duncan.

All of this and not one time did I see Tim thump his chest, trash-talk anyone, or do anything resembling today's show-off pro athlete. He just does his job better than anyone with no "look at me" attitude.

He is under-appreciated today, but will go down as one of the greatest players the NBA has ever seen. It is a privilege to watch him play.

cj's dad
12-10-2008, 04:43 PM
The term "class act" comes to mind.

It is a shame that the NBA/NFL are painted with a broad brush due to the actions of a few. Actually it's more than a few but it is still far less than the majority.