PDA

View Full Version : Jackpot 1-2 head to Florida...

onefast99
12-08-2008, 08:46 PM
I just read the article in todays DRF on the possibility that Big Drama(96beyer)and Westside Bernie(94beyer)may meet again at Gulfstream this winter. I liked the comment by Westsides trainer Kelly Breen where he said he feels like a bridesmaid finishing second in the Jackpot and 2nd in the Remsen with Atomic rain. Problem is the second place finish in the Remsen was 7.25 lengths back of Old fashioned who was under a hand ride and easily a double digit length winner if let loose. I dont think Atomic Rain is even in the same class as Old Fashioned let alone his other horse Westside Bernie who did look solid in defeat to Big Drama Friday night. Maybe 2009 will turn out to be the year Kelly finally wins a major stakes race!

o_crunk
12-08-2008, 08:55 PM
do you have an axe to grind in regard to breen? i read your posts because they have a jersey slant and i follow jersey racing and it just seems to me that you have disdain for breen.

dismiss smart strike's at your own risk. yes, atomic rain may have been outclassed and maybe he was just there to pick up the pieces after better had fired their bullet and missed in the remsen. certainly could have done worse off a 5 month layoff. has a right to improve next year.

onefast99
12-08-2008, 09:07 PM
do you have an axe to grind in regard to breen? i read your posts because they have a jersey slant and i follow jersey racing and it just seems to me that you have disdain for breen.

dismiss smart strike's at your own risk. yes, atomic rain may have been outclassed and maybe he was just there to pick up the pieces after better had fired their bullet and missed in the remsen. certainly could have done worse off a 5 month layoff. has a right to improve next year.
No axe to grind, Kelly did a great job getting Westside ready for the Jackpot. Point is he hasnt won a major race yet, he is still young and has an opportunity to do so with the 2yo's he has in his barn. You are right about Atomic Rain running for the first time in over 5 months never going more then 5 furlongs and getting up for a distant second but I cant include him as of yet in my Derby horses until he proves he can run with better. Westside Bernie will be a good horse for Breen, he ran into a buzz saw at Delta in Big Drama. I think I just pointed out the obvious and thats the fact Breen hasnt won a major stakes yet. I guess you have to agree with that.:eek:

o_crunk
12-08-2008, 09:18 PM
you can probably count the number of major stakes he has had a horse in the starting gate for on one hand.

tough to judge a trainer on that.

Endsweep24
12-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Taking nothing away from the first Two finishers but I really like the horse (Stimulus Plan) that ran 3rd. he came from a long way back on a track that alot of times does not favor his style of running. I have heard from some friends that Stimulus Plan was heading To Santa Anita for THe winter(Not 100% Sure of that).

onefast99
12-08-2008, 09:42 PM
you can probably count the number of major stakes he has had a horse in the starting gate for on one hand.

tough to judge a trainer on that.
Agree, but he now has a lot of quality horses. Chad Brown won the Breeders Cup in his first try this year. He doesnt have any of the stock Breen has.

onefast99
12-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Taking nothing away from the first Two finishers but I really like the horse (Stimulus Plan) that ran 3rd. he came from a long way back on a track that alot of times does not favor his style of running. I have heard from some friends that Stimulus Plan was heading To Santa Anita for THe winter(Not 100% Sure of that).
I mentioned that in another thread had the race been 1/16th longer Stimulus plan would of run right by the both of them. He did look good!

onefast99
12-15-2008, 09:57 AM
So whats next for these two Jackpot horses?

supercap
12-15-2008, 10:25 AM
My guess is they will be hyped up for the three year old scene in Florida until the real Derby horses come into focus. You know the prevailing logic is that the derby horse probably still has not run.