PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys v. Steelers

dylbert
12-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Where are all the Steelers' fans today? Are Cowboys playing better "smash mouth" football on both sides of ball today? Game is not over... but Cowboys look REAL today.

For the record, Steelers 2008 record versus NFC East is 1-2.

dylbert
12-07-2008, 07:26 PM
America's favorite gunslinger just tosses "pick six" touchdown to Steelers. Steelers now 2-2 in NFC East. Good teams find ways to lose, great teams find ways to win. Hats off to Pittsburgh Steelers today with superb 4th quarter effort.

Pace Cap'n
12-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Where are all the Steelers' fans today?

Speaking of, has anyone noticed how many empty seats there are all around the league?

BillW
12-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Where are all the Steelers' fans today?

I, for one was watching the game ... not reading paceadvantage :cool:

BillW
12-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Speaking of, has anyone noticed how many empty seats there are all around the league?

Steelers games have been sold out since 1972.

Marshall Bennett
12-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Looked more like Dallas beat themselves . Not uncommon for a team with more talent in the media's eyes than on the playing field . Pittsburgh shouldn't have beat anyone . They played like shit for 57 minutes . They're defense looked pretty good only because Dallas played so bad . In a nutshell , the game sucked because neither team showed up . :)

Pace Cap'n
12-07-2008, 08:37 PM
Steelers games have been sold out since 1972.

Well, good for the Steelers, but I have noticed a lot of games have tons of empty seats.

DanG
12-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Winning always seems to wipe away dumb coaching moves…but…Pitt not kicking the field goal on the goal line / going on 4th down / down 10pts with about 12 minutes left was…STUPID!!! :bang:

Take away Barber for the Boy’s and / or Westbrook on the Eagles and neither offense is close to the same. Or for that matter; Polamalu on the Steelers defense.

JustRalph
12-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Wade Phillips looked like the michelin man in that coat :lol: :lol:

http://www.justralph.com/cowboy_michman.jpg

Robert Fischer
12-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Mewelde Moore should have started and carried the ball almost exclusively.
20+ carries 80 something yards, much better field position, and a few more team scores.

You just have to hope that Parker can regain his form after a long layoff allowing his legs to heal. Starting and featuring Parker today sacraficed the offense, and nearly cost them the game. He also doesn't appear to be playing his way back into the legs he once had. Give him a rest!

Robert Fischer
12-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Last 3 games
Willie Parker 42car 149yard 3.5YPC 0rec 0yard
Mewelde Moore 32car 145yard 4.5YPC 10rec 86yard

Hooligan
12-07-2008, 11:13 PM
you can't do that against the Steelers!

ldiatone
12-08-2008, 08:53 AM
ben made the plays he had to with holmes to win the game.
dallas had stops on 4-1 and turnovers. one lost the game for them.
ldiatone
i liked the game from my house w/ my 50" tv in 9 degree wind chill.
i have been fishing in 0 degree weather on a boat and i have been to games in this kind of temps. one can have them.
(give me the indoors ...Hockey!)

JustRalph
12-08-2008, 02:45 PM
Romo blew it............ end of story.

He admitted it in the post game presser.

These teams seem to live and die by QB's more than ever now. The quarterbacks in the NFL are sorry as hell anymore.

Did anybody watch Flacco for the Raven's? This guy can't friggin throw ? Wounded Ducks all around. Receivers coming back to him to catch every pass.

I can't believe he is any better than Troy Smith............ at least Smith can run, and Smith can throw..........

cj's dad
12-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Romo blew it............ end of story.

He admitted it in the post game presser.

These teams seem to live and die by QB's more than ever now. The quarterbacks in the NFL are sorry as hell anymore.

Did anybody watch Flacco for the Raven's? This guy can't friggin throw ? Wounded Ducks all around. Receivers coming back to him to catch every pass.
I can't believe he is any better than Troy Smith............ at least Smith can run, and Smith can throw..........

To respond to your various points:

Flacco can throw and throw well indeed; it was a bad game for him last night- remember he is a rookie who will be a star. It was windy and cold last night in B'more much like in the Meadowlands yesterday afternoon- did you see the pitiful passes occasionally thrown by McNabb and Eli Manning? Many were wounded ducks also.
Aren't receivers supposed to come back to the ball??, or do they stand still and let db's intercept.
Troy Smith is average at best- also, he is too short to be a qb in the NFL- he is 5'10" at best.
Yes Smith can throw but the problem is where?
Flacco runs very well and is fast also.

JustRalph
12-08-2008, 07:32 PM
To respond to your various points:

Flacco can throw and throw well indeed; it was a bad game for him last night- remember he is a rookie who will be a star. It was windy and cold last night in B'more much like in the Meadowlands yesterday afternoon- did you see the pitiful passes occasionally thrown by McNabb and Eli Manning? Many were wounded ducks also.
Aren't receivers supposed to come back to the ball??, or do they stand still and let db's intercept.
Troy Smith is average at best- also, he is too short to be a qb in the NFL- he is 5'10" at best.
Yes Smith can throw but the problem is where?
Flacco runs very well and is fast also.

I disagree. I think his arm is suspect. He had two receivers who had their man beat by five steps and both had to stop and wait on the ball. I take your point that the weather may have had an effect on the balls. I will continue to watch.

No way Flacco runs better than Smith. I don't think Smith gets a chance in Baltimore. Bad luck all the way around. The tonsillitis etc......... he needs to move on . There are other teams he could fit with. In today's environment Smith has a much better chance of playing somewhere else. Just being a backup I am sure will suit him fine. Easiest job in Football. Get paid well......don't get beat up.
I watched Smith outplay Brady Quinn two seasons and they fawn over Quinn like he is Joe Montana.

DanG
12-08-2008, 07:52 PM

I wouldn’t judge him off this game Ralph. The kid has a rifle imo.

cj's dad
12-08-2008, 07:54 PM
I watch the Ravens every Sunday and regarding JF's arm, he can throw it a mile; the wind affected him last night.

For whatever reason, you seem to be making your evaluation on one game.

And being a great college QB and/or Hiesman winner does not translate into pro stardom. The list of failures is a mile long.

cj's dad
12-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Just Ralph -

I just noticed your location as Ohio - are you by any chance a Browns fan?

JustRalph
12-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Just Ralph -

I just noticed your location as Ohio - are you by any chance a Browns fan?

nope............never was. Cincy in the 80's........but who can root for them since Boomer left? I have actually had some personal dealings with some of the current Browns. They are something............ and I don't mean that kindly. I suppose they are maybe the same all over? Pro athletes that is. The worse........... the Cleveland Indians Wives :lol: Now they are a tough crowd..........

You guys are right. I have only seen Flacco once. I will reserve judgement based on your recommendation.

ElKabong
12-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Well, good for the Steelers, but I have noticed a lot of games have tons of empty seats.

According to the Dallas media (Mickey Spagnola on 1310am, and a couple from local espn radio), many left the game early b/c of the weather. Even more later on as it looked like Dallas would win. They missed a gutty effort by the Steelers.