PDA

View Full Version : brisbet.com

Trijack
07-10-2001, 12:58 AM
Bris has just offered a new interactive betting service. Go to bris.com or brisbet.com to check it out.
They don't say whether us people that live in California can bet on California tracks. I did email them that question have not heard back yet.

JimG
07-10-2001, 07:30 AM
They listed the states they did NOT take accounts in on the web site and California was NOT one of those listed. Looks like you can play.

Jim

SAL
07-10-2001, 09:31 AM
It looks to me like they are connected with Winticket, which means you may bet the California tracks online except for Hollywood. All the tracks connected with the Churchill Downs Network cannot be bet online, just by telephone. I use Winticket and I am very happy with it.

Trijack
07-10-2001, 11:44 AM
To all of you California residents. I just talked to Brisbet and they will take wagers from us people living in California. I asked them if they were afraid of the California Attorney General and they said noway. I keep remembering what happened to youbet a couple of years ago when they fined them and they moved out of state.

I do know that California has another bill that they are going to be voting on to approve internet betting in California. One that they hope Governor Davis will sign.

Dave Schwartz
07-10-2001, 01:50 PM
ANd for those of you wondering... o, Nevada is not on the list of acceptable places to open an account from.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

07-10-2001, 09:56 PM
Dave

Neither is Canada. Hey, what did WE do wrong??

Mikekk

andicap
07-10-2001, 10:48 PM
They will not take online bets from tracks with deals with TVG. That means NY and KY tracks, plus Calder and Hollywood. You can make phone bets with these tracks. Best part is no fees (as long as you pay by check and not credit card-- there's a whopping 6% fee for credit card processing) and a 20% discount for Brisnet products.
They also have a good promotion going that gives you $100 in Brisnet products over 30 days if you open an account now.

Not the worst deal on the net and they are undercutting TVG which is charging 25 cents a bet on its website. Also wonder if this will force TVG to reconsider its policy not to take bets from most states.