PDA

View Full Version : Portland Meadows adding wednesdays in january and february

jballscalls
12-07-2008, 11:56 AM
Hey everyone. Trying to build on what has been a record setting season in terms of all sources handle, we are adding 4 days to our live racing season and will run now on wednesdays in january and february. With no GGF, we will alternate with SA in the afternoons on those days. Really exciting to be one of the few tracks going up in handle and adding race days!

http://www.portlandmeadows.com/NewsEvents/FeatureStories/Details/Portland+Meadows+changes+live+racing+schedule.htm

speldedo
12-08-2008, 10:44 AM
I like wagering on your races, and one thing you can always count on is a sloppy track!

BlueShoe
12-08-2008, 10:22 PM
Good luck to this venue,but would rate the quality of racing here about on a par with Ferndale.One angle that seemed to be productive on the very few times I played this track was to seriously consider Northern California shippers first time over the track,even if their NorCal form was poor.Class edge.

jballscalls
12-09-2008, 12:15 AM
Good luck to this venue,but would rate the quality of racing here about on a par with Ferndale.One angle that seemed to be productive on the very few times I played this track was to seriously consider Northern California shippers first time over the track,even if their NorCal form was poor.Class edge.

that is true, but maybe the biggest class edge is the hastings shippers. Pat Jarvis came down here with a few horses and is 16-12-0-3 going into today. Speed was golden yesterday and most of today, keep that in mind if your playing tomorrow.

lamboguy
12-09-2008, 09:47 AM
this is the most exciting thing i have heard in a long time. oh wait, i can't bet that track, its another tracknet deal.

well maybe someday.

merry christmas

2low
12-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Hey everyone. Trying to build on what has been a record setting season in terms of all sources handle, we are adding 4 days to our live racing season and will run now on wednesdays in january and february. With no GGF, we will alternate with SA in the afternoons on those days. Really exciting to be one of the few tracks going up in handle and adding race days!

http://www.portlandmeadows.com/NewsEvents/FeatureStories/Details/Portland+Meadows+changes+live+racing+schedule.htm

jballscalls,

GG is running Jan and Feb AFAIK.

Stakes Schedule (http://www.goldengatefields.com/Horsemen/StakesSchedule/)

I think the dates were awarded recently.

Please respond if things have changed as I'm wasting a ton of time preparing to bet there in the early part of the year.

Congrats on the growth up there! I'll likely be adding both Portland and Emerald to my lineup in the next year or so.

Regards,
2low

Sailwolf
12-09-2008, 03:08 PM
I like wagering on your races, and one thing you can always count on is a sloppy track!

Imagine living there. raining and cool all the time.

2low
12-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Reading more carefully, I believe you may have been talking about Wednesdays instead of the months of Jan and Feb. If so, I apologize for mucking up the thread. As the GG website doesn't seem to think we should care about looking at a calendar, I'm not sure which days of the week they'll run.

Southieboy
12-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Thursday-Sunday

2low
12-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Thursday-Sunday

Thanks Southieboy. I did find it eventually at the bottom of their home page.

jballscalls
12-09-2008, 10:51 PM
yeah we are picking up wednesday because GGF doesnt run that day.

Zman179
12-10-2008, 05:27 PM

From what I've heard, a fast track at Portland is considered an off track. :lol:

With that being said, there's some good money to be made at PM.

jballscalls
12-10-2008, 07:26 PM
From what I've heard, a fast track at Portland is considered an off track. :lol:

With that being said, there's some good money to be made at PM.

Last year i think 44 of the 60 days were wetfast or sloppy.

If you can beat the faves at PM you can get some great overlays. Plus we got the best announcer north of albany, California......South of Auburn, Wa.... and west of Les Bois Park..... :) thats like 100 sq. miles!

BlueShoe
12-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Paragraph in todays DRF saying that Portland will pick up 8 Wednesdays,but will drop 4 Sundays.