SMOO
12-08-2008, 02:28 PM
It seems as if there are not nearly as many " last minute " odds changes
in the RECENT months. You know - those annoying changes .. as the horses
are running down the backstretch :lol:
Actually the odds seem to be relatively stable as the horses are loading into
the gate. It gives one pause to reflect. :bang: I do love it tho - when
the change is Radical .. and the horse does not win :jump: :D

If I have no bet in the race, I always root against that horse if it is a front runner. :p

cj
12-08-2008, 05:20 PM
I think the slow down is because nobody is betting these days!

karlskorner
12-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Because of the "slow down" is reason they should be betting.

Imriledup
12-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Ive noticed this too, esp in So Cal.

Del Mar was littered with suspicious stuff, but now you don't hardly ever see this anymore at Hollywood. If a horse is 5-1 leaving the gate, he pays 5-1.

Maybe the people who have the ability to bet after the start are taking a break, lulling us all to sleep and enjoying all the money they skimmed.

wonatthewire1
12-08-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm still seeing it at the night tracks but definitely not as dramatic price drops as in prior months.

Here in NJ we can bet from home through the MED/MTH/Freehold and they are not allowing any betting once the 0 MTP signal goes up for most tracks. Used to be able to get a bet in while horses were loading in the gate.

Usually, a pop up will appear advising that the race has already gone off - yet the horses are still loading. A minor inconvenience for me (as I play long shots anyway) but I could see where it would be very troublesome for those trying to get multiple exotic bets in as close to the gate opening as possible.

classhandicapper
12-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Maybe the industry has cracked down on some the holes it had in its systems but there has been no publicity about it because then someone would actually have to admit that past posting has been happening to begin with.

BeatTheChalk
12-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Maybe the industry has cracked down on some the holes it had in its systems but there has been no publicity about it because then someone would actually have to admit that past posting has been happening to begin with.

Great point ( s ) :ThmbUp:

lamboguy
12-11-2008, 10:50 AM
inotice the same things, but i also notice the money going in and out of pools during the betting periods. and i think the trifecta and superfecta payoffs are on the weak side of things even though they both have high takeouts.

SMOO
12-11-2008, 12:44 PM
inotice the same things, but i also notice the money going in and out of pools during the betting periods. and i think the trifecta and superfecta payoffs are on the weak side of things even though they both have high takeouts.
Good point. It would be less obvious to off bet in tri pools since the odds are never shown.

lamboguy
12-11-2008, 12:58 PM
when i post on this board i am very often controversiol, and sometimes i have people that claim that i am stretching the truth or have no idea what i am saying. lately though i am getting people that agree with me on lots of things. does this mean that i have convinced people that there are or were things going on with the mutual pools after the race starts?
on another thread i had a guy call me a liar, and that i make up fiction. it really doesn't bother me. when i post it, i call it like i see it.

njcurveball
12-11-2008, 04:19 PM
i have convinced people that there are or were things going on with the mutual pools after the race starts?

How many seconds are you talking about? 3? 5? 7? more? No doubt there is an edge with 7 seconds, but you need to have all your bets in already to make it work in your favor. The real edge would be canceling bets on front runners who get bad starts, obvious gate trouble, and I dont think you play Harness but a HUGE edge on canceling when a horse breaks after the start.

The thing that people hear when you make these statements is that they are betting when they cross the wire AND after that. Is that what you mean?

lamboguy
12-11-2008, 04:32 PM
as far as harness goes, i know some real big bettors that play trifectas at the bell. a couple of months ago they had a 1-9 that broke at the start and came back to win the race, these guys got killed with their play on that particular race. yesterday i bet horse that left the gate at 3-5@hawthorne, inez carlson fell off the horse right at the start and the horse's final odds were 6/5. now is that a coincidence? i would say now. but she did fall off within the timeframe that a teller has to cancel a ticket. i can't answer anything about a trifecta or a superfecta, but i know enough to stay away from them!!