PDA

View Full Version : Can All-Ways files be used in some other software?

Dr Win
12-07-2008, 12:40 AM
Hi to all, especially to wizards and pros. I have one question for you all.

I am looking for another software (rather then All-Ways and PPGenerator) to use All-Ways file?, and also is it any excel (program) where I can use All-Was files? and/or how I can be able to import them to excel? And then, is it any program out there to pick/select paceline? Thank you all

Speed Figure
12-07-2008, 01:00 AM
As far as I know, you can only use them with the all-ways program.

raybo
12-07-2008, 07:59 AM
Hi to all, especially to wizards and pros. I have one question for you all.I am looking for another software (rather then All-Ways and PPGenerator) to use All-Ways file?, and also is it any excel (program) where I can use All-Was files? and/or how I can be able to import them to excel? And then, is it any program out there to pick/select paceline? Thank you all

The comma-delimited data structure is given on the Brisnet site. Knowing the structure would allow you to "parse" the files to rearrange the data fields anyway you like, enabling that file to be used in other software that accepts comma-delimited files. You would then have to rename the extension for each file to jive with whatever file types the new software will accept.

All-Ways files can be used for Neurax Pro and Plus5 software, as is, I believe. They are single file format so you could theoretically parse them into .DRF or .MCP formats and use them in any software using those 2 file formats.

As a side note, after parsing them they would have to be saved back into comma-delimited format to be used in any program that uses only comma-delimited formats.

I haven't done this but Excel could probably be used to save the "text" file as a comma-delimited file. Then rename the file extension and you should be ready to use it in a new software program.