PDA

View Full Version : de la hoya vs pacquiao

Robert Fischer
12-06-2008, 10:53 PM
De la hoya is vulnernable here.
Always have to be careful in boxing... De La Hoya is a goldengoose they are going to protect him and work scoring in his favor.

terrible undercard tonight

Im rooting for Pacquiao but I think he needs an unlikely knockout or a huge difference in decision.

chickenhead
12-06-2008, 10:56 PM
I'm a little worried Pac Man may be just a little too small, but he has enough advantages otherwise, I think he gets the job done. Possibly easily.

Robert Fischer
12-06-2008, 11:22 PM
pacman is controlling the fighting range with his speed and left hand

chickenhead
12-06-2008, 11:25 PM
damn, my Phillipino pirate feed just went down.

Robert Fischer
12-06-2008, 11:36 PM
sopcast has it as well - you need to download sopcast and go here http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=25990&part=sports

cj's dad
12-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Oscar losing weight- Pacman gaining- I go with the guy moving up in weight

chickenhead
12-06-2008, 11:37 PM
I found it somewhere else, just in time to see Manny stick a nice lead left into Oscars grill.

chickenhead
12-06-2008, 11:41 PM
Oscar is getting beat up. Love it.

chickenhead
12-06-2008, 11:45 PM
Oscar stops the fight. Manny is one hell of a little fighter!

RaceBookJoe
12-06-2008, 11:53 PM
Pacman totally outclassed Oscar.

Robert Fischer
12-07-2008, 12:11 AM
Pacquiao will be one to follow!

Larry Merchant is match making now too?:cool:

CincyHorseplayer
12-07-2008, 04:26 PM
I watched Manny's tuneup fight of which he was going up in weight facing a brawler who averaged 100 punches a round in David Diaz and Manny's speed trumped his fight plan and he had him bloodied,worn out,and eventually knocked out.Oscar has no tuneup fight,has lost what 4 of his last 6 fights and is facing a fighter in his prime.I didn't think it would be this easy.$65 for this and the crappy undercard is robbery.

As much as I have enjoyed DeLahoya's career this was a sad way to end it.I guess it would never end if it was all good right?He was outclassed and outhustled last night and he's lucky Manny Pacquiao had as much respect for him to lay off.If Pac-man had fought the identical fight as he did against Diaz Oscar would have been knocked out.If you haven't seen Pacquiao fight this was not his A game.Mayweather is next and that will be one for the ages!!

chickenhead
12-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Mayweather is next and that will be one for the ages!!

Was thinking about this potential fight last night, I've never picked anyone to beat either of them so don't know what I'd expect. It's awfully hard picking someone to beat Floyd.

Was lucky enough to see them both in person on the same card in SF about 7 years ago, Floyd was well on his way to stardom, and Manny was a relative unknown on the undercard. (just looked it up, it was his second fight in the US).

Dumb luck on our part, we went to see Floyd!

CincyHorseplayer
12-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Was thinking about this potential fight last night, I've never picked anyone to beat either of them so don't know what I'd expect. It's awfully hard picking someone to beat Floyd.

Was lucky enough to see them both in person on the same card in SF about 7 years ago, Floyd was well on his way to stardom, and Manny was a relative unknown on the undercard. (just looked it up, it was his second fight in the US).

Dumb luck on our part, we went to see Floyd!

Chickenhead,

Was that the fight where Pacquiao destroyed Barrera???I was a huge Barrerra fan and I couldn't believe my eyes at the utter dismantling by an unknown.I've been on the Pac-man train ever since.If indeed that was the fight.I envy you!!!I haven't been near a ring since I was a cornerman for my buddy in St.Louis.And believe me it wasn't anything near that caliber.I had the local yocels throwing drinks at me because I was saying to my fighter that the guy(local boy) was a chump!!He was KO'd in 3!!Good times:lol:

I can't see Mayweather being beat either but Pacquiao when he "fights",which he didn't last night,would give Mayweather fits and he has more power than he gets credit for when he stands flatfooted.He's so slippery,great footwork,is a great counterpuncher,and feints so well he doesn't have to though.Pacquiao,shorter reach and height and all vs Mayweather would be the premier matchup that boxing hasn't seen in a long time.And under the circumstances Mayweather off a layoff-Pacquiao in his prime,I take the latter.Layoffs in boxing at this level are more significant than layoffs in a G1 horse race!!!

Oh yeah.Chris Arreola assumes command of the heavyweight division in 09 also!