PDA

View Full Version : Gators are Groaning

pktruckdriver
12-06-2008, 06:45 PM
I knew we had are hands full with Alabama, and it is proving to be true.

We must now stand up and play like the men we are or die like boys.

Either way the SEC is still a pretty good conference, the best, this year, no...

But it will at least have a team in the Title game, as will the Big 12, most likely

Best conference this year, goes to the Big12, any arguements ???

4th Quarter and the Tide is still hanging aroundm, that scares me, really scares me, as well it should.

Go Gators, crunch time is now, stand up and fight

Patrick

pktruckdriver
12-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Thank you Alabama it was a nice game, you were worthy opponents. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Bring on the Big 12

Patrick

rrbauer
12-06-2008, 07:57 PM
Whoa! You mean Alabama with its BIG DEFENSE and Florida's best receiver on the sidelines didn't win that game? Hell, we all know that Defense wins all the big games. Just ask Sammy. Florida's defense won that game. Put 31 big ones on the board. Is Tebow a linebacker or a D-back? :)

ElKabong
12-06-2008, 10:00 PM
The better spread offenses have temporarily sidelined the "defense wins championships" mantra.

TEXAS beat USC because their offense was unstoppable. You want to cover the WR's? OK, the all American TE gets 10 catches for 100+ yards. You try to spy Vince Young with a slow linebacker or a DE? He runs for 200 yards. You blitz him? He completes 75% of his passes that night.

2006 Florida...Ohio State couldn't stop SEC's athletes on offense....last year, vs LSU. Same.

On defense....You beat the spread offense with better athletes than what lines up on offense. No way around it right now. I've yet to see defenses scheme good spread offenses down with consistency. Eventually people will figure it out but right now defenses vs a good spread offense look like dogs chasing their tails.

sammy the sage
12-06-2008, 10:42 PM
in 06...it was Ohio st...w/Heisman trophy and UNSTOPPLE offense...(mich game)....ran into a TOP 5 Gator defense...(again...prior...gator Off. was anemic)....

This year TWO good offense's...OKie's offense is SUPPOSEDLY better...Gator D is definitely better...we'll see in 4 weeks...love it!

sammy the sage
12-06-2008, 10:44 PM
by the way...Fla...held Ala...to what...3 yds. in the 4th quARTER...hello ;)

rastajenk
12-06-2008, 11:01 PM
ElKabong (from the locked thread):

"Your comment about "the bcs will not allow that to happen". What exactly are you talking about? Two teams from the same conf can't play for the title, whether it be the sec or the Big12? If that's the case, you honestly have no idea how the bcs formula works. Human polls don't decide the whole schabang, the Comps have a big say in it & they don't give a shit what you or I say or think.

Not being condescending, but do you understand the word "formula"? It's what the rankings are based on. Not solely on polls."

It'll be interesting to see how that "formula" works out in the next 20 hours or so.

cj
12-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Well, we are down to OU vs Florida/Texas. The unbiased computers know the best matchup, but the humans will screw it up and let Florida in instead.

After watching both games, Florida is in pretty deep trouble in my opinion.

Pace Cap'n
12-07-2008, 07:25 AM
OU got to play Texas on a "neutral" field, and played for the Big-12 championship on a "neutral" field, and will probably be playing Florida in Miami.

So much for neutral fields.

BTW, OU and Texas should be in the championship game.

DanG
12-07-2008, 09:08 AM
BTW, OU and Texas should be in the championship game.
I don’t doubt that and yet Bama and USC could beat them both and I know a healthy Florida will be favored over anyone. (BTW: Two Florida D linemen hurt in that very physical Fla St game need time to heal along with PH of course)

Once again like most years; we get back to the system is incredibly flawed. Texas has every right to be pissed.

BTW: I don’t know if it’s official but Penn State vs. Utah is a very intriguing match up imo.

Marshall Bennett
12-07-2008, 11:00 AM
IMO , Texas would have been the better team in either of the games yesterday . I wasn't impressed ... and btw , Tebow is over-rated , and thats not only an opinion .

sammy the sage
12-07-2008, 11:05 AM
""BTW, OU and Texas should be in the championship game""

sounds like the big 10 reasoning from 2 yrs. ago...PAPER tiger's!

you have 4 qb's w/over 65% completion rate..HELLO...DEFENSE anyone???

g/jeez...

I LOVE taking the MONEY from those who only look at FLASH/GLITTER...blinded...

as DanG pointed out...and that Gambling man Brent "pointspread" Musberger...Fla...would/will be favored over ANY Big 12 team...

and the odds-maker's ARE CERTAINLY much smarter than those that are BLINDED by the FLASH/GLITTER! ;)

DanG
12-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Tebow is over-rated , and thats not only an opinion ..
This is good; by what standard?

A potentially slow release for the NFL? Or judging him by being the toughest amateur football player alive with leadership skills that are off the charts.

Forget only two interceptions, the only power runner on the team, plays hurt, never complains, doesn’t fumble,has the work ethic of 10 men, incredible decision making…his #1 attribute is he makes teammates better.

Walk around the Florida campus sometime and tell me how over-rated he is. Listen to opposing coaches after he beats them how over-rated he is. As Meyer said recently…name me another kid who could play QB at his level, or could have become an all-American linebacker.

Don’t blink Marshall; or your regional allegiance will miss one of the all time great college athletes in history…by ANY measure.

Marshall Bennett
12-07-2008, 01:11 PM
This is good; by what standard?

A potentially slow release for the NFL? Or judging him by being the toughest amateur football player alive with leadership skills that are off the charts.

Forget only two interceptions, the only power runner on the team, plays hurt, never complains, doesn’t fumble,has the work ethic of 10 men, incredible decision making…his #1 attribute is he makes teammates better.

Walk around the Florida campus sometime and tell me how over-rated he is. Listen to opposing coaches after he beats them how over-rated he is. As Meyer said recently…name me another kid who could play QB at his level, or could have become an all-American linebacker.

Don’t blink Marshall; or your regional allegiance will miss one of the all time great college athletes in history…by ANY measure.
Sounds as if your regional allegiance is more in tack than mine , Dan .
As for the Gators , they'll have to do better if they plan on having a chance against the Sooners , trust me . :)

DanG
12-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Sounds as if your regional allegiance is more in tack than mine , Dan .
As for the Gators , they'll have to do better if they plan on having a chance against the Sooners , trust me . :)
No doubt Marshall; I admit I’m very biased.

I don’t get to see enough college football outside of local broadcasts to have anything but a casual opinion. I did see Okla. vs. Okla. St / part of vs. Texas tech and some of vs. Missouri.

Oklahoma’s defense will not present a major issue for Florida imo and the added rest will be huge for Florida’s D-line to get well. Of course Harvin will play the game of his life with his leaning toward going pro and that is frightening.

When people like Meyer and Tebow have a strong supporting cast they won’t fail very often in life. If you honestly believe Oklahoma is superior you should be pleasantly surprised when you see this line.

ElKabong
12-07-2008, 07:31 PM
I don’t get to see enough college football outside of local broadcasts to have anything but a casual opinion. .

This would explain much of what I've read from your posts on college football.

That said, if Fla doesn't get in the mnc game it would be a terrible farce. Just as it is for TEXAS not to play in the mnc game.

DanG
12-07-2008, 09:06 PM
This would explain much of what I've read from your posts on college football.

Constructive…He strikes again!!! :ThmbUp:
http://www.uphaa.com/uploads/125/_35_2.jpg

ElKabong
12-08-2008, 07:53 PM
We saw a linebacker play at Westbury named Mike Singletary. Ever heard of him? Guess what his nickname was. Initials were E.K. Something about collisions that made RB's hear "kabong" ring in their ears.

Ah forget it. Your avatar is far more gay than any pic you could post about a cartoon charachter.