12-05-2008, 02:00 PM
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!
RIP Nicole and Ron.

JustRalph
12-05-2008, 04:01 PM
he whined like a baby............... it always happens

sally
12-05-2008, 05:40 PM
I think the guy's a murderer yes, but it was the California justice system that failed -- sometimes bad guys go free...

They couldn't get AL Capone for being a murderer, so they got him on tax evasion...

Sometimes the system gets pissed off and keeps at you like a mad dog...maybe we're not that much different than Russia...

JustRalph
12-05-2008, 06:17 PM
Sometimes the system gets pissed off and keeps at you like a mad dog...maybe we're not that much different than Russia...

you have got to be kidding?

so.cal.fan
12-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Ralph,
people in Los Angeles county took the OJ murder aquittal very hard.
We are very satisfied justice was served. :jump:

Sally,
It's called Karma, even in Russia.

MONEY
12-05-2008, 09:46 PM
O.J. Simpson was wrongfully acquitted on murder charges. But even worse he was wrongfully convicted and jailed on trumped up charges, which is not a good thing. Remember, Border Guards Ramos and Compeon were also jailed on trumped up charges. This is a bad trend for our justice system.

money

sally
12-05-2008, 11:28 PM
Right or wrong, O.J. was aquitted on those murder charges. It's done. That's our justice system.

To sentence him to 16 years for this attempt to retrieve his personal items -- c'mon, he's being sentenced for the murder of his wife and Ron Goldman-- that's obvious-- and it's wrong.

HUSKER55
12-06-2008, 12:05 AM
let me get this straight. The man robs this store at gunpoint and you think he deserves to be acquitted?

The punishment he got was for the crime he committed and the law was applied to everyonne. If he drew 15 years then so did the smuck next to him.

How is that an injustice. Jury found him guilty. It is done and that is our system.

cmoore
12-06-2008, 12:51 AM
O.J. Simpson was wrongfully acquitted on murder charges. But even worse he was wrongfully convicted and jailed on trumped up charges, which is not a good thing. Remember, Border Guards Ramos and Compeon were also jailed on trumped up charges. This is a bad trend for our justice system.

money

I agree...If it was anyone else besides O.J. he would of gotten maybe a year.

cmoore
12-06-2008, 01:35 AM
I do believe he was guilty 13 years ago but a jury found him innocent. Catching him today trying to get his stolen goods back from some sleaze bags and slapping on a kidnapping charge is a joke..They were out to get him from the start and hopefully his lawyers will win the appeal and the sentence gets reduced to fit the crime..

JustRalph
12-06-2008, 01:54 AM
I agree...If it was anyone else besides O.J. he would of gotten maybe a year.

Right or wrong, O.J. was aquitted on those murder charges. It's done. That's our justice system.

To sentence him to 16 years for this attempt to retrieve his personal items -- c'mon, he's being sentenced for the murder of his wife and Ron Goldman-- that's obvious-- and it's wrong.

What the hell are you guys talking about?

He used a gun. He held a individual captive in a Motel Room at Gun Point. The items he was trying to recover could have been recovered by making a phone call to the police, if OJ actually had a right to them. The mandatory mins automatically kick in when you use a gun ............here is an explanation;

"Even if she opts to impose the most lenient possible sentence under discretion, Clark County District Judge Jackie Glass will sentence Simpson to at least 15 years in prison. His conviction alone of first-degree kidnapping with a deadly weapon carries a minimum sentence of 15 years, with the possibility of parole after five years, and a maximum sentence of life of prison with the chance of parole. Judge Glass could run the sentences for each of the 12 charges concurrently or consecutively, the latter of which would be disastrous for Simpson, as he would then serve time for each sentence, one-after-the-other.

Working in Simpson's favor is that judges normally refrain from imposing the maximum possible sentence for first-time offenders and, despite the many controversies surrounding him over the last two decades, Simpson has not previously been convicted of a crime (though he did plead no contest in 1989 to a spousal abuse charge, meaning he neither contested the charge nor admitted guilt). Then again, at age 61, there is a strong probability that, absent a successful appeal and regardless of Judge Glass' leniency, Simpson will spend the remainder of his life in prison."

It wasn't about "who he was" or what he had done before. It was about the judge applying the law as written. She had very little say in how much time, it's written into the law.

The Judge
12-06-2008, 07:44 AM
I do want to argue against mandatory sentencing here is one reason why it makes no sense. Here is a quote from an article where a guy was sentenced oto 55 years for sealing 1 1/2 pounds of weed. he made 3 sales to an undercover officer and two times he had a gun on his leg in his sock but never took it out or branished it. It was for his protection after all he was in a dangerous business. "Given the perils of excessively rigid sentencing rules, Congress should hesitate before creating new mandatory minimums. Instead it should revisit laws under which selling someone pot can trigger a more severe penalty than killing him."

HUSKER55
12-06-2008, 08:00 AM
correct you are Ralph. He was not treated any different than anybody else.

For the rest of you, if I rob you at gun point do I get acquitted? What the heck...arrangements can be made. You wouldn't even file charges,...right?

OJ may be a lot of things but stupid is not one of them. He knew what he was doing and he carried out his plan.

The man is a crook. What part is a mystery to you? OJ died along time ago. What is left is an asshole. Let him rot. He made his bed now let him lie in it.

I feel sorry for anyone caught up in that crap but they made their decisions just like OJ did and now justice prevails.

let's move on. There is a new day of horse racing that God has put before us to enjoy.

Tom
12-06-2008, 09:48 AM
OJ cried like a little girl.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The POS deserved to be fried. He got off lucky.
The little coward should have taken the stand and spoken under oath like a man. Hopefully, he will meet a Jeffery Dahmer fate in prison. Good ridence to garbage, stick this pig. He is not a human being.

Tom
12-06-2008, 10:55 AM
This post at Derby List sums it up pretty nicely! :lol:

http://www.racing.saratoga.ny.us/posts/93240.html

so.cal.fan
12-06-2008, 11:56 AM
So.....
according to Sally and cmoore, I suppose Al Capone shouldn't have gone to prison for tax evasion?

cmoore
12-06-2008, 01:42 PM
So.....
according to Sally and cmoore, I suppose Al Capone shouldn't have gone to prison for tax evasion?

Where did I say that O. J. shouldn't go to prison? 9 to 33 years for going after memorabilia that was stolen by a couple of thugs. You guys act like he held up a couple of regular tourists and robbed them randomly. By no means was it a normal case. They had his shit, so he went after his own shit. So the state goes after him and had to add the kidnapping charge to make it worthwhile. I wonder how often they add a kidnapping charge to robberies in the state of Nevada?

JustRalph
12-06-2008, 02:33 PM
I wonder how often they add a kidnapping charge to robberies in the state of Nevada?

They did it all the time, in Ohio. Granted I haven't been in Law Enforcement for 12 years or so, but in both California and Ohio..........they did it. Most of the time it involved motel robberies too. It has to do with not having an "avenue of escape" during the robbery. Had OJ approached these guys in the parking lot and taken the stuff from the trunk of their car............probably no kidnap charge.................

Tom
12-06-2008, 04:15 PM
The idea might be not to allow murdering thugs, like OJ to tort his worthless butt around decent people in public places acting like the animal he really is.
Too bad no one blew his brains out when he showed up at that room. Real shame. The man is garbage.

lilmegahertz
12-06-2008, 05:42 PM
"I'm sorry...so very sorry." yep, those tears had me convinced he is a victim of bad luck. :rolleyes: sheesh....

strapper
12-06-2008, 06:49 PM
If he would've exhibited such acting skills in his plea for mercy, his secondary career as an actor may have seen him beat out Denzel Washington for some roles. Hard to feel sorry for him. Hope he looks good in orange jumpsuits.

JustRalph
12-06-2008, 08:19 PM
The worse part of this whole things is............

The search for the real killers will now be delayed 15 years

HUSKER55
12-06-2008, 10:42 PM
If those other guys were thugs who stole OJ's possessins then why didn't he counter sue? Why weren't they arrested? Whay weren't the tried in a court of law? How come the media didn't get involved? How come they were not found guilty of anything?

I know I know...It is a conspiracy by the CIA championed by Mr. Goldman and poor poor OJ is a victim of the wrath by the decent people of our great nation. There is nothing more on our plate than to figure out how to screw OJ.

Ok Ok guys you got me. I did it. I'm glad it is over.

Let me tell you what happened. I was sitting at my desk eating curds and whey when a phone rang and Valencia, our maid who prefers to go topless, answers it and then rushes into the breakfast nook all excited.

I asked her what was going on and she just handed me the phone.

I was asked to take point....

If you believe OJ is a victim then you probably believe the crock I just fed you.

Lefty
12-08-2008, 04:09 PM
moore and Sally. when you wave a gun around and say things like "nobody leaves this room" that's kidnapping!
If this was really payback for the murders the judge would've given him life.

Judge, i'm firmly for mandatory sentences. All dope dealers should be given life, no parole. Scum of the earth andf you're feeling sorry. He only had the gun cause he's in a dangerous business. You kiddin me judge? It was an ILLEGAL business, judge. Wake up!