PDA

View Full Version : Delta Jackpot

OTM Al
12-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Was looking at the PPs for the Jackpot tonight along with the preceding 3 races that make up the P4 and thinking I may play it, especially as there are a couple I like that have very playble MLs. However, I've never played Delta before, so I was wondering if there are any peculiarities about the track that I should be aware of. As it is a smallish track, 7f, I would be inclined to think that decent early speed may hold and outside slots may have some disadvantage, but I know such rule-of-thumb type thoughts aren't always true.

Of anyone who has experience with this track, do you have any tips on how it plays?

cj
12-05-2008, 01:34 PM
I wouldn't count on the morning lines being even close to a good approximation.

OTM Al
12-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Effects of generally small pools?

Mineshaft
12-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Pick 4 payouts are good at Delta.

Its a small track where i think speed tends to hold up. Stretch is short so closers have to start moving going into the 2nd turn

Alyblakester
12-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Jackpot should be a bang up race tonight. The line looks fine to me. You would have to think Terrain and West Side Bernie would get the majority of the play. Best Beyers are on the NY bred Trinity Magic I think, but unsure of his quality and Asmussen is on a rare cold streak at this oval. Whoever wins the big race there needs to be forwardly placed. Horses are winning by coming through on the final turn down along the inside. You may want to go with a local jock who knows that bullring.

michiken
12-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Speed generally holds very well at Delta unless it is wet or muddy.

Rank your horses based on the 4 furlong time regardless of the race distance. You might be surprised.

Watch for sprinters stretching out. They can go wire to wire when the speed is holding.

Since these are cheap claimers, make sure to review the speed and pace ratings earned in the LAST start. Just the other day, I got 8-1 on the highest speed figure in a 5 furlong race. I guess all the pace programs liked others.

onefast99
12-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Jackpot should be a bang up race tonight. The line looks fine to me. You would have to think Terrain and West Side Bernie would get the majority of the play. Best Beyers are on the NY bred Trinity Magic I think, but unsure of his quality and Asmussen is on a rare cold streak at this oval. Whoever wins the big race there needs to be forwardly placed. Horses are winning by coming through on the final turn down along the inside. You may want to go with a local jock who knows that bullring.
Westside wont be there, trainer is good with maidens and this field is as strong as the Breeders Cup field. Big Drama and Trinity are very solid horses.

LottaKash
12-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Is "Jackpot" a named stakes race ?.......

best,

OTM Al
12-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the comments so far. I will admit that Big Drama and Trinity Magic are the 2 that I am most intrigued with.

vgeek
12-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Alyblakester (member.php?u=11917) are you going to Delta Downs tonight for the Jackpot?

strapper
12-05-2008, 05:43 PM
The official name of this Gr III race is Boyd Gaming's Delta Jackpot FYI; The $500,000 Princess Stakes is up from $350,000 last year and is also a Gr III race this year for the first time. With the scratch of Livin Lovin CS Silk looms an overwhelming choice now.

LottaKash
12-05-2008, 06:14 PM
The official name of this Gr III race is Boyd Gaming's Delta Jackpot FYI; The $500,000 Princess Stakes is up from $350,000 last year and is also a Gr III race this year for the first time. .

OK strapper, thx......:jump:

best,

OTM Al
12-05-2008, 06:45 PM
The official name of this Gr III race is Boyd Gaming's Delta Jackpot FYI; The $500,000 Princess Stakes is up from $350,000 last year and is also a Gr III race this year for the first time. With the scratch of Livin Lovin CS Silk looms an overwhelming choice now.

CS Silk does look good, but I plan to back her up with Southern Yankee, but I'm not going any wider than that in this leg

plainolebill
12-05-2008, 10:34 PM
Big Drama -Westside Bernie - Stimulus Plan - Retap

OTM Al
12-06-2008, 12:09 AM
Lost it in the second leg. So it goes.

thruncy
12-06-2008, 12:21 AM
Was looking at the PPs for the Jackpot tonight along with the preceding 3 races that make up the P4 and thinking I may play it, especially as there are a couple I like that have very playble MLs. However, I've never played Delta before, so I was wondering if there are any peculiarities about the track that I should be aware of. As it is a smallish track, 7f, I would be inclined to think that decent early speed may hold and outside slots may have some disadvantage, but I know such rule-of-thumb type thoughts aren't always true.

Of anyone who has experience with this track, do you have any tips on how it plays? Is a a 6F oval with a 9F chute. You can win from anywhere with best horse. It does favor speed, however.

onefast99
12-06-2008, 08:38 AM
Big Drama -Westside Bernie - Stimulus Plan - Retap
Big Drama looked good, the third p[lace horse came on like a gangbuster good one to watch next time. No excuses for Westside horse trained there for 2 weeks. Getting the 150k for finishing 2nd was well worth it, still dont like the trainer or horse, sorry!

OTM Al
12-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Big Drama looked good, the third p[lace horse came on like a gangbuster good one to watch next time. No excuses for Westside horse trained there for 2 weeks. Getting the 150k for finishing 2nd was well worth it, still dont like the trainer or horse, sorry!

I liked Bernie better on the fake stuff, but thought he did a good job in what looks like a decent field. I used last year's Jackpot as a negative key race, but this one looks a little better than that.