PDA

View Full Version : Cappin Chatter - 12/5

nobeyerspls
12-05-2008, 11:28 AM
Chalky - I'm not going to boast about being 3 out of 4 last week when the best you could do was a scratch. I want to know if you noticed that guys came on to our thread posting picks?
Longball - Yeah, I saw that. It looks like they played from home, thereby missing the flavor of the simulcast joint. Yesterday a guy came up to me asking if I wanted to go a buck a piece with him on a bet. I didn't know him from a bag of apples but I went along anyway. Just as I was reaching for a dollar he asked if he could borrow ninety cents from me. He was at the track with a dime in his pocket. I gave him the buck anyway and the horse won so we split twelve dollars and he left. You can't experience stuff like that sitting at home. Anyway, what have you got today.
Chalky - I'm getting brave again so in the 3rd at Aqueduct I'll take #3 Lord Snowden (3-10) to upset the consensus best bet. He's got the class to win this and he likes the inner track. I'll also pick a non-favorite at Fairgrounds. In the 4th there #9 Grand Finesse (4-1) looks live. Unlike the probable favorite this guy has a decent race on the Saratoga turf. What about you?
Longball - I like your pick in that race so I'll box him with #4 Hot Biscuit (20-1). This guy had a toubled start in his only race and I like Patton as the broodmare sire. In the 2nd at FG I'll go with #8 Heckofanacttofollow (8-1). This is exactly the kind of horse that can win this condition, eight years old with thirty in the money finishes. Ignore the slow works as they're probably trying to set up a price. I also like the entry in the 2nd at Aqueduct (10-1) and I won't care if they scratch one. They're both working well and are close enough to the rail.
Chalky - OK. You forgot to mention that the simulcast ambiance includes that guy who yells at the TV for three or four different horses during a race or that other guy whose odor makes me think that he's allergic to water. Anway, I'm proud of you.
Longball - What, for giving the guy a dollar?
Chalky - No. For not taking his last dime.