PDA

View Full Version : Pick 4 Help

Mineshaft
12-04-2008, 06:15 PM
I placed a Pick 4 wager at an OTB about 5 hrs before post time for that particular track. I had a $288 wager

6x6x2x4= $288

One of my selections for Leg A scratched. The horse was scratched when all the changes were being released to the public before the first race.

What happenes to my wager? I went to the OTB today because i thought i could get some of my wager back since it would be a 5x6x2x4 wager for $240

I know when a horse scratches in the post parade or behind the gate you got the post time favorite. Is this true for a scratch that happens well before the race starts?

cj's dad
12-04-2008, 06:29 PM
What state?

Was the scratch part of a coupled entry?

Mineshaft
12-04-2008, 06:36 PM
What state?

Was the scratch part of a coupled entry?

Louisiana

No coupled entry

Mineshaft
12-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Same thing happened to me again tonite. Played the Pick 4 early and now they are annoucing the changes for the nite and a horse in Leg B is scratched. Do i get the favorite or a refund?

boomman
12-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Rules vary from state to state, but unless you were wagering in a state that allowed you to make an alternate selection in the event of a late scratch, scratched horses revert to the post time favorite the majority of the time. I believe that is the case in Louisiana as well...........

Boomer