PDA

View Full Version : Classy Gesture by NYRA

MickJ26
12-04-2008, 05:16 PM
NYRA is renaming the Aqueduct Handicap in honour of the great Evening Attire starting next year. It'd be nice if he came out and led the post parade.

toetoe
12-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Not to urinate on your parade, but when does Jean Luc Samyn get his own eponymous race ? :faint:

MickJ26
12-05-2008, 08:46 AM
Not to urinate on your parade, but when does Jean Luc Samyn get his own eponymous race ? :faint:

That race would be on the turf I'm sure.

Tom Barrister
12-05-2008, 09:57 AM
For their next classy gesture, the NYRA can lower the WPS takeout to 14%, the dual-combination exotic takeout to 18%, and the other exotics to 20%.

Now if you'll all excuse me, I have to go finish my Christmas list and send it to Santa Claus.

the little guy
12-05-2008, 10:34 AM
For their next classy gesture, the NYRA can lower the WPS takeout to 14%, the dual-combination exotic takeout to 18%, and the other exotics to 20%.

Now if you'll all excuse me, I have to go finish my Christmas list and send it to Santa Claus.

NYRA, as I'm sure you know, has tried to lower takeout, and was at one time successful, but they were forced into the current structure by OTB and NY State.

But, you knew that.

BUD
12-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Talk about classy? I emailed a couple of folks a couple of times in the NYRA--

Asking a simple favor---As you guys know I'm disabled on the job injury---I was-Still am a Disabled Cop-----I emailed and asked if it were possible if I could get an pic with Durkins Autograph----Would you believe I have not heard back from anyone and its been months-----

Boomer -- Contessa---Got it almost the next day--------I have no email for Tom so I used the other available emails----Its a small stupid thing---But an answer either way would be nice---

Hell I can't walk---The wife made a Horse racing room for me---And I was Attempting to get some pics-----But some I guess are to lofty for us peasants---

When I was in uniform I got all the coffee and donuts a man can eat---Out of uniform a man can't even get a picture with a signature...pretty lame.

the little guy
12-05-2008, 11:18 AM
I have checked with a number of people, and nobody knows of your e-mail, but if you send your request to JLee@nyrainc.com we will do our best to accomodate you.

BUD
12-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Thank you--I will--It would have been some time ago----

I do appreciate you looking into it Andy--

Thanks
When you have nothing its little things that really matter- Why beats me---But Thank you,,

DeanT
12-05-2008, 12:00 PM
The wife made a Horse racing room for me-

That's a good woman!

BUD
12-05-2008, 12:07 PM
OMG!!! I hope she is----No Dean she is my biggest supporter------I would have thrown in the towel 2 years ago-----She is an Angel----

Andy thank you---I just sent it---

Also Dean She wants my 20 year retirement and Settlement to go thru before I kick on out to the next stomping ground:D ..

She'll be a well of women then---

jognlope
12-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Yeah I'm glad because his party was on a dreary rainy day and not a big crowd.

joanied
12-06-2008, 02:22 PM
NYRA is renaming the Aqueduct Handicap in honour of the great Evening Attire starting next year. It'd be nice if he came out and led the post parade.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: And I agree...if at all possible, EA should be there:jump:

Tom Barrister
12-06-2008, 03:53 PM
NYRA, as I'm sure you know, has tried to lower takeout, and was at one time successful, but they were forced into the current structure by OTB and NY State.

But, you knew that.

I don't remember it that way. What I remember is that Saratoga asked for a 14% takeout and was granted that. It was so popular that the other two NYRA tracks followed suit. Agreed that the state was the one that ultimately complained that they weren't getting enough revenue, and that's how the takeout went back up.