PDA

View Full Version : Azeri sells

joanied
12-03-2008, 07:32 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/48285/azeri-to-sell-at-keeneland-january-sale

I hope she goes to someone wonderful...and I hope it's someone that keeps her here...I don't want her shipped off to Dubia or someplace....I love Azeri, such a special mare.
(in foal to Ghostzapper)

Spectacular Sid
12-03-2008, 10:12 PM
This makes Mikey Paulson look like a doofus after running up the price and buying her back at the last sale. He must be hurting for dinero to try and sell again during the current economy. I recall some quote where he said he things his daddy Alan Paulson was reincarnated as this mare and he didn't want to sell her. Maybe he and pops had a fight over the last couple months and now he wants to get rid of him.

CincyHorseplayer
12-03-2008, 11:18 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/48285/azeri-to-sell-at-keeneland-january-sale

I hope she goes to someone wonderful...and I hope it's someone that keeps her here...I don't want her shipped off to Dubia or someplace....I love Azeri, such a special mare.
(in foal to Ghostzapper)

I know very little about the breeding industry but while reading a newsarticle on ESPN about sales dropping off and Azeri being put up for sale that's the first thought I had was "...I hope the financial crunch doesn't eliminate the thoroughbred empire we have here...".I know there are already too many top horses leaving the country.

As to the foal-Ghostzapper and Azeri,that's the equine equivalent of Wunderkind isn't it??!!:rolleyes:

joanied
12-04-2008, 10:40 AM
This makes Mikey Paulson look like a doofus after running up the price and buying her back at the last sale. He must be hurting for dinero to try and sell again during the current economy. I recall some quote where he said he things his daddy Alan Paulson was reincarnated as this mare and he didn't want to sell her. Maybe he and pops had a fight over the last couple months and now he wants to get rid of him.

I was going to mention this, but thought better of it...but I am also a bit confused as to WHT he'd sell Azeri...his great love and part of his dad's legacy and memory...something must be going on...if he needs money, why not ask the new Mrs T Boone Pickens:rolleyes:
Maybe he'll buy her back again :bang:

joanied
12-04-2008, 10:42 AM
I know very little about the breeding industry but while reading a newsarticle on ESPN about sales dropping off and Azeri being put up for sale that's the first thought I had was "...I hope the financial crunch doesn't eliminate the thoroughbred empire we have here...".I know there are already too many top horses leaving the country.

As to the foal-Ghostzapper and Azeri,that's the equine equivalent of Wunderkind isn't it??!!:rolleyes:

Yeah, all these tops horses going over seas kinda makes me mad and sad...so I am keeping my fingers crossed Azeri stays here... this coming foal...by Horse of the Year, out of Horse of the Year....WOW:ThmbUp:

strapper
12-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Azeri certainly was one of the ones. Credit to the Allen Paulson breeding program. I hope she comes up with some nice horses for whoever gets her.

joanied
12-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Azeri certainly was one of the ones. Credit to the Allen Paulson breeding program. I hope she comes up with some nice horses for whoever gets her.

Maybe now that Madeline is Mrs. T Boone Pickens...she'll be there bidding:rolleyes:
Who ever gets her....hope she stays here...and they treat her like the queen that she is. I just love her.

strapper
12-05-2008, 12:17 PM
I wonder how her A.P. Indy first foal is progressing. Anybody know?

joanied
12-06-2008, 02:24 PM
I wonder how her A.P. Indy first foal is progressing. Anybody know?
Me too.
I think his name is Indyzeri or something like that?

Shenanigans
12-06-2008, 06:11 PM

He didn't buy her back. He RNAed her colt back in the Sept. sale.

Shenanigans
12-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Me too.
I think his name is Indyzeri or something like that?

Vallenzeri.

joanied
12-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Vallenzeri.

That's it.

strapper
12-10-2008, 09:19 AM
Today in a Blood-Horse article Michael Paulson said Vallenzeri has perfect conformation just like her mother. He had bought the son of A.P. Indy back for $7.7 million, most expensive buyback in history.

joanied
12-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Today in a Blood-Horse article Michael Paulson said Vallenzeri has perfect conformation just like her mother. He had bought the son of A.P. Indy back for $7.7 million, most expensive buyback in history.

Here is a link to that article:
http://www.bloodhorse.com/Now/News/NewsletterFeatures/48370.aspx

I just hope she sells to someone that keeps her in America. It'll sure be great to see Vallenzeri run...hope he becomes a huge stake winner for Azeri.