PDA

View Full Version : Trinity Magic and the Delta Jackpot on 12-5.

onefast99
12-02-2008, 06:37 PM
I noticed this horse ran a 99 beyer in October at Belmont. First and foremost is this horse the real deal? I would like to hear from some of the handicappers on his last trip, as I see he went to the front and had it his own way(vigorous hand ride). I also was wondering why Edgar wasnt named and Borel was! Was last years purse 750k or 1 million?

Endsweep24
12-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Real Deal No. I think that is a very inflated beyer against some average New York Breds. Open Company for the first time, two turns for the first time plus the Stables main rider (Bridgmohan) Takes the other Asmussen runner (Retap). All that adds up to a pass for me.

dylbert
12-02-2008, 07:34 PM
I noticed this horse ran a 99 beyer in October at Belmont. First and foremost is this horse the real deal? I would like to hear from some of the handicappers on his last trip, as I see he went to the front and had it his own way(vigorous hand ride). I also was wondering why Edgar wasnt named and Borel was! Was last years purse 750k or 1 million?Jackpot purse cut from $1 million to $750,000 this year. However, Boyd's Gaming did increase Delta Princess from $300,000 to $500,000 and created an additional $50,000 stakes race.

I will be there Friday night. Anyone else attending? Delta Downs is an off-the-beaten path, fan friendly, fun place to go. This is my third consecutive year traveling there from central Louisiana.

onefast99
12-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Jackpot purse cut from $1 million to $750,000 this year. However, Boyd's Gaming did increase Delta Princess from $300,000 to $500,000 and created an additional $50,000 stakes race.

I will be there Friday night. Anyone else attending? Delta Downs is an off-the-beaten path, fan friendly, fun place to go. This is my third consecutive year traveling there from central Louisiana.
Went there last year drove up from the Fairgrounds pretty cool track and a lot of very nice people. We ran third that night I didnt realize how tight the turns were!

Alyblakester
12-02-2008, 07:47 PM
That Bernie horse should be tough in the Jackpot. Lost a ton of ground in the BC didn't he?

onefast99
12-02-2008, 07:56 PM
That Bernie horse should be tough in the Jackpot. Lost a ton of ground in the BC didn't he?
Didnt lose by much but I dont think he can win this one. Big Drama also looked good at Calder, riding a nice win streak, should be a good race.

Driver8
12-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Wish I could be there. I got a horse racing in the Sam's Town Stakes that night- I think it's the race right before the Princess. Looks like TVG will be carrying the card- looks like a good night of racing at Delta.

Mineshaft
12-02-2008, 08:11 PM
Wish I could be there. I got a horse racing in the Sam's Town Stakes that night- I think it's the race right before the Princess. Looks like TVG will be carrying the card- looks like a good night of racing at Delta.

Who is the horse?

Driver8
12-02-2008, 10:47 PM
TurnLeftattheLight- he drew the rail. We'll see how he does- this group is tougher than he's been facing. He'll be shipping in the night before from Retama but the tracks are similar in that they are both deep and a bit tiring for the larger horses. Just fun to be in a stakes race and have a shot.

Mineshaft
12-02-2008, 10:54 PM
TurnLeftattheLight- he drew the rail. We'll see how he does- this group is tougher than he's been facing. He'll be shipping in the night before from Retama but the tracks are similar in that they are both deep and a bit tiring for the larger horses. Just fun to be in a stakes race and have a shot.

Best of Luck..

Did this horse start for 7500 at one time? i see he ran in a starter race thats why im asking.

Driver8
12-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Best of Luck..

Did this horse start for 7500 at one time? i see he ran in a starter race thats why im asking.

Thanks. Yeah, they dropped him down to 7500 for one race early this year which he won then started moving him back up. I didn't get involved with him until a couple races after that but he's been improving ever since. This will be his fifth stakes race.

onefast99
12-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks. Yeah, they dropped him down to 7500 for one race early this year which he won then started moving him back up. I didn't get involved with him until a couple races after that but he's been improving ever since. This will be his fifth stakes race.
Good luck, get the purse monies and enjoy the holidays!