12-01-2008, 06:58 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081201/ap_on_bi_ge/recession

PaceAdvantage
12-01-2008, 07:12 PM
See, I knew there was no way it started in October of '07...:lol:

sammy the sage
12-01-2008, 07:29 PM
^^^^^^^

so true...but it did well before 4/08...despite many threads started to the contrare in 4/08...by... :p ;)

now...we're all in this mess together...

Best idea to help yourself...gold maybe...or electric or robotic?

CONSTRUCTIVE thoughts...anyone???

Been asking for a year...NOBODY'S been willing to discuss...sad really. :mad:

Have done quite well shorting the market...but starting to get dangerous/tricky...

I do know potato's are by far the hottest/best selling item at the grocery store...laugh if you want...but there should be an angle here???...unfortunately not a ""listed"" commodity...or...it would be easy!

Guns...SELLING like crazy...but no way to touch that market...w/new pompus/sherrif in town...

repeat...CONSTRUCTIVE thoughts...anyone???

Valuist
12-01-2008, 07:57 PM
^^^^^^^

so true...but it did well before 4/08...despite many threads started to the contrare in 4/08...by... :p ;)

now...we're all in this mess together...

Best idea to help yourself...gold maybe...or electric or robotic?

CONSTRUCTIVE thoughts...anyone???

Been asking for a year...NOBODY'S been willing to discuss...sad really. :mad:

Have done quite well shorting the market...but starting to get dangerous/tricky...

I do know potato's are by far the hottest/best selling item at the grocery store...laugh if you want...but there should be an angle here???...unfortunately not a ""listed"" commodity...or...it would be easy!

Guns...SELLING like crazy...but no way to touch that market...w/new pompus/sherrif in town...

repeat...CONSTRUCTIVE thoughts...anyone???

Like Jeff Macke on Fast Money says, it isn't as easy as just shorting everything......bear market rallies are fierce as we saw last week. The short covering aspect drives things up much faster than in a bull market rally. And then just when talking heads like Kudlow start talking about a recovery, the market gets hit with a Mack truck like today.

HUSKER55
12-01-2008, 08:13 PM
I have suspected something afoot for a long time. Started with GB Sr. People joke all they want but the corporations should not get the bailout. The citizens should so they could pay their bills and make the companies solvent.

But instead, the corporations are getting the money which proves this system is about to collapse. Not because it is a bad system but the crooks have run it into the ground and BO isn't man enough to change anything. The corporations will get the money but the poor working man gets what? More work? That is not right. I do not care which side of the aisle you are on.

I invest in things that keep me self sufficient such as wind and solar power because when the shit hits the fan and money is worthless staying afloat will be a challlenge.

Ultimately, some form of currency will have to be developed and a world currrency will not work. This snafu is going to take awhile to recover from.

I buy diamonds, gold bullion, silver, platinum things of that nature because whatever currency is going to have to have some base somehow. Commodities float too fast. Stocks are a great value right now but you have to have an horrendous amount of faith and I don't see anything on the horizon that is going to change that.

People are mad and are done forgiving. I used to joke and say "shoot the bastards". Now I keep my mouth shut. People are mad and they want blood and I don't think that is figurative speach.

They way things are going I would say buy stock in a defense contractor. I would also search out markets in other countries. These corporate bastards did not care about us so I don't care about them and you shouldn't either.

For example, Honduras was looking for contractors to build infra structure. At least they were a year ago. If you are knowledgeable then that might be an opportunity. i am not.

This is just my humble opinion.

husker55

:)

LottaKash
12-01-2008, 10:02 PM
I
I buy diamonds, gold bullion, silver, platinum things of that nature... husker55 :)

Hey Huskers,, wheah you liv at ?....:jump:

best,