PDA

View Full Version : Dubai Television

Kentucky Bred
03-29-2003, 12:16 PM
Watching the TVG races from Dubai this morning I was spellbound with the television shots of the races. They had a camera that followed the horses around the track and literally put you right in the middle of the race. Almost as if you were the jockey. Wow!

I think the Ky. Derby or Breeder's Cup played around with this type of high-impact picture once a few years back. Wouldn't this be a great addition and boost for racing? I would love to see this amazing video images come home to the US. I know they have tons of money to spend over there, but we have the greatest racing in the world. Can't we find a way to benefit racing with similar televised pictures here?

Kentucky Bred

Tom
03-29-2003, 12:26 PM
GREAT shots! Really gave a good look at how the race was unfolding.
Let's see more of that type of innovation.
BTW, looks like a really nice track-first time I've ever seen it clearly. Hard to believe they are so close to the war and squalor.

Rexdale You
03-29-2003, 01:17 PM
Hello Gents,,,I do not have access to your hi-tech,,,,<p>do you have results of the 7th,,,Thanks. R.Y.:( :( :cool:

Rexdale You
03-29-2003, 02:40 PM
Cancel that request,,,,I just got the results,,,,

Thanks anyway,,,,R.Y. :eek: :eek:

Figman
03-29-2003, 08:31 PM
Good written summaries of today's Dubai races. Click on "all" race comments and "all" steward's reports. Interesting that Tyler Baze was fined 3,000 UAE for "breach of steward's instructions". I've got no idea what that is in American money? Here's the link.
http://www.emiratesracing.com/eq/Results.cfm

Zaf
03-29-2003, 09:28 PM
The conversion is on their web site.

USD 1 = AED 3.68

ZAFONIC