PDA

View Full Version : Lions/Titans on T-Day

MarquisMark
11-27-2008, 08:19 AM
So the Lions and Titans are playing today and the Lions are at home getting 10.5 points. Would you take the Lions at +10.5? That's an awfully sweet spread for a home team and if my memory serves me correct, the Lions have always played somewhat competetively on Thanksgiving day. Something's gnawing at me to go to the 'book and put a bet in...

...and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

rrbauer
11-27-2008, 09:28 AM
What is better?

Taking 10.5 and getting a team that is playing poorly?

Or, laying 10.5 and getting a team that is playing poorly?

Remember, the two weeks prior to their loss, the Titans won, but won ugly. They figured to look bad last week and with the Jets in town they did. Five "drops" in the first half didn't help their chances however.

So, all of that said, I'm watching basketball today!

MarquisMark
11-27-2008, 10:13 AM
Yeah, I forgot to add...I think the Lions have been playing better than they're getting credit for. They've been losing, but they've been improving since the first few weeks of the season.

I don't think it's going to be a blowout today, but I'm not sharp and I have been wrong before...

MarquisMark
11-27-2008, 04:10 PM
Well, I was way off on that one...

Valuist
11-28-2008, 12:57 AM
The Lions are taking football out of the T-Giving equation until the late game(s). Why do they have to host a game every year? Tradition? Well, end that tradition.

CincyHorseplayer
11-28-2008, 01:37 AM
There was more than 1 turkey roasted on the gridiron today.

I thought the anemic Eagles-offense-of-late,out of the gate bitch slap was the most impressive!!!!

And what happened to Seattle???I haven't followed them this year but they have been perennial contenders????I was about to say Hasselbeck has succumb to the Carson Palmer syndrome but here in Cincinati and the whole country it's common knowledge we have the most miserly,inefficient,and plain dumb ownership for our little 1 winning season in nearly 2 decades football team and all horror applies.