PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Bridgejumper, 6th@Mtr. Tuesday

BombsAway Bob
11-25-2008, 09:18 PM
+$13,500 of $13,900 to show on #:7: ,SAINT LEON with 7MTP
maidens in the mud....

cj's dad
11-25-2008, 09:59 PM
Late money pumped it up to over $30K - ran 2nd - was hoping for a 4th place finish.

+$13,500 of $13,900 to show on #:7: ,SAINT LEON with 7MTP
maidens in the mud....

lamboguy
11-25-2008, 11:39 PM
that horse in that field had exactly 4 ways not to be in the money. 1. jockey falls off the horse 2. horse breaks down 3. horse gets a mysterious dq, its happened before at the mountain on nicoles dream, or rebecca maker loses her mind and she flat out puts out a sick horse on the track. the probabilites of one of those 4 things happening are about 4 in 950. the only one i know who makes money betting against the large show pools is RICHARD PERLOFF of TVG. he is the only person in the world that bets the rest of the field in net pool pricing and makes money at it. he is sort of like kevin duffy, the football tout, in 25 years he has never had a loser in sports.

cj
11-26-2008, 01:04 AM
that horse in that field had exactly 4 ways not to be in the money. 1. jockey falls off the horse 2. horse breaks down 3. horse gets a mysterious dq, its happened before at the mountain on nicoles dream, or rebecca maker loses her mind and she flat out puts out a sick horse on the track. the probabilites of one of those 4 things happening are about 4 in 950. the only one i know who makes money betting against the large show pools is RICHARD PERLOFF of TVG. he is the only person in the world that bets the rest of the field in net pool pricing and makes money at it. he is sort of like kevin duffy, the football tout, in 25 years he has never had a loser in sports.

Plenty of people make money betting against bridge jumpers. Not everyone rushes to post them on a message board so others jump in. If you bet the field against a nice enough sample, you are guaranteed to make money.

I'm sure there are many more ways than your "exactly 4" for that horse to be out of the money, otherwise we would all be bridge jumpers and the tracks would have to ban the practice.

lamboguy
11-26-2008, 01:21 AM
there is a difference between net pool pricing and no net pool pricing. with net pool pricing you can have a negative pool while the entry that creates the negative pool pays the bare minimum while the others can pay more than the minimum. without net pool pricing all the entries pay the minimum. but if the negative entry runs out of the equation they pay much more than the net pool's would have paid. those are the kind you can make money with betting against the major bridgejump.
perloff claims he makes money because of net pool pricing, i say its impossible.

ryesteve
11-26-2008, 09:53 AM
Can anyone demonstrate the difference in how the net pool pricing math works? Let's say you have a 5 horse field. The favorite has 100,000 in the show pool, and each of the other entries have 1,000 each. If the favorite runs out, what are the show payoffs under net pool pricing? And what would the payoffs be if the favorite does hit the board?

lamboguy
11-26-2008, 10:37 AM
i think if you could get an anser to that you will be a millionaire in a few months. net pool pricing has something to dow with where the actual wagers are being made. the origin of the wager. it was done so the wagers from foreign countries like cananda can comingle into the host tracks in the united states. if you get a better answer please let me know!

cj
11-26-2008, 10:45 AM
I was going to ask the same thing...how do the payoffs differ? Isn't pretty much everyone using net pool pricing now? If nobody knows, I'll see what I can find out.

You have to love a gambling game where nobody can really explain how the payoffs are calculated.