PDA

View Full Version : Pick 4 Friendly Tracks

pktruckdriver
11-25-2008, 07:04 PM
For all you Pick 4 players out there , could I ask a few questions of you, please?

Which tracks to do you play most often, and why?

Is it because that track runs all year? And is a little easier to Cap? More Data available?

Is it because your track has bigger pools to sweep clean?

Which tracks offer 2 pick 4's thru-out the day?

Which ones offer .50 pick 4 bets, now, nothing lower than that is there?

Woodbine, Aqueduct, Hollywood, Fairgrounds, and Calder, all have nice pools, some even come with Guarantee's , but what about the small circuits?

The 1 Circuit tracks like PHILLY, MTR, no Pick 4's

But Penn National has 2 daily Pick 4's, and yet CT, Fort Erie, has 1, so it varies so much, and I just thought I would ask you guys and gals on the board for your favorites, and why, that's all,

Am I missing any special track here, unless it is like your favorite fishing hole and you wish to keep it to yourself, that is understandable too, really it is, but if you wanted more money from bad players in your pool, then maybe you would be willing to share, then, knowing that most of us, especially me, are learning this game, and should not be a threat to you at your favorite track, heck it would be my money you would be winning, most likely, for now....

Now if this is Top Secret Info, then keep it to yourself, as I do wish to be killed because you told me about it , okay....

Again thank you for sharing your favorties here

Take Care
Good Luck
Patrick

schweitz
11-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Delta---2 pick 4's each card

Zia---pick 4 on last 4 races of card (mon. and tues. only-pools are too small on sat./sun.)

Both tracks are .50 pick-4s

Speed Figure
11-25-2008, 07:52 PM
My new favorite track Finger Lakes has .50 pick 4's!!

traveler
11-25-2008, 07:54 PM
Be careful what you wish for Pat :)
Now if this is Top Secret Info, then keep it to yourself, as I do wish to be killed because you told me about it , okay....

pktruckdriver
11-25-2008, 07:54 PM
Thank you

Is Zia in Mexico?

Charlie D
11-25-2008, 07:55 PM
Pick 4 freindly tracks i reckon are those that offer lowest take on the Pick 4 bet and if i were thinking of playing this bet i would seek out these tracks and use that as my starting point

You can find info here http://www.trackthieves.com/Takeout1.html

stu
11-25-2008, 08:03 PM
Is Zia in Mexico?

Zia Park is as the locals say in "Hobbs, America" (New Mexico)

pktruckdriver
11-25-2008, 08:29 PM
Be careful what you wish for Pat :)

Originally Posted by pktruckdriver

That should be ,as I do not wish to be killed because you told me about it, Okay

Thanks for pointing that out, as that was not my wish, by any means

patrick

Steve 'StatMan'
11-25-2008, 08:41 PM
Haw & AP have 2 Pick 4's, early and late. They have an interesting wrinkle - they have carryovers to the next day if no one hits all 4 legs.

GaryG
11-25-2008, 08:43 PM
I stick with the tracks that I have followed regularly for a long time. It would be nice to get a lower takeout somewhere else but for me it would not outweigh my lack of knowledge. My tracks are: CD, Kee, ElP, FG, Tam, Mth, AP, Haw and Fpx.

Charlie D
11-25-2008, 08:43 PM
After seeking out Lowest take out, seek an ADW that has these tracks and offers freebies, like rebates, free PP's or whatever

Get what you can for your dollar PT, your bank won't disappear as fast

BTW, double check the trackthieves info at DRF, as i'm not sure if RB can keep up with the people who keep upping the % :)

alhattab
11-25-2008, 11:19 PM
Mth offers 2 pick 4s a day with 15% takeout. The pools have gotten to reasonable levels of $25k or so recently, probably due to TVG and takeout sensitivity. Sometimes you catch a carryover, but still 15% take, which to me makes the bet an automatic play in that circumstance.

Charlie D
11-26-2008, 12:34 AM
15% and Two Pick 4's and rollovers

A Pick 4 players dream innit

whyhorseofcourse
11-26-2008, 01:14 PM
I will play any track, as long as the favorites can be beat.

pktruckdriver
11-27-2008, 02:03 PM
15% takeout seems to be the lowest.

It seems that you are playing your tracks, tracks you always play, not actually seeking out tracks because of takeout, or because of length of meet.

I would've thought that a longer meet , would have had an affect on what tracks to play, but then winter is not the same as summer, even at the same track, when it comes to handicapping, is it?

Well thanks for all the responses.

Patrick

boomman
11-27-2008, 03:16 PM
15% takeout seems to be the lowest.

It seems that you are playing your tracks, tracks you always play, not actually seeking out tracks because of takeout, or because of length of meet.

I would've thought that a longer meet , would have had an affect on what tracks to play, but then winter is not the same as summer, even at the same track, when it comes to handicapping, is it?

Well thanks for all the responses.

Patrick

Patrick: Sam Houston (which had to send their race meet over to Retama Park because of hurricane damage) was offering a 12% pick 4 prior to that AND it was available on Premier Turf Club where you received cash rewards on top of that. Certainly a good deal, and hopefully they will return sometime next year........

Boomer

pktruckdriver
11-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Thank you Boomman

I stand corrected, I thought 15% was the lowest...

Add to it PTC rebates and you are right, pretty much unbeatable

patrick

melman
11-28-2008, 12:03 PM
Pk, I love the pic4 and play it often (also the pic3) and would suggest you play "on paper" for a few weeks. The 15% take and fairly large sized pool for the bet at the Meadowlands is very attractive. The same of course applies for MTH but I'm a harness bettor so the BigM gets my attention. Minus any last update info such as SCR's I'll be looking at this pic4 for tonights action at The Meadowlands.

R6 6-1-2-3
R7 1-3-6
R8 5-1-2
R9 4-5

Cost for that on a $1 basis is $72.

BTW pk the BigM on opening nite had a pic4 that paid almost 7 g's and that was with two big fav's winning two legs. Needless to say the other two legs had bombs with a $70 and a $60 buck winners. "Spreading" in the right races where you think there is a "weak" fav can be very profitable. Good luck and send me a pm if you what more harness pic4 plays.

Also pk with the reduced cost of fuel are you know able to made some money again??

melman
11-28-2008, 12:18 PM
Let me quickly edit my previous post in R9 it's the 3 and 5 and not the 4 and 5. Little typing problem. :jump:

Bruddah
11-28-2008, 01:55 PM
How did you get a picture of my ex wife? :lol: :D

whyhorseofcourse
11-29-2008, 11:29 AM
Let me quickly edit my previous post in R9 it's the 3 and 5 and not the 4 and 5. Little typing problem. :jump:

Dont mean to sidetrack the thread but I singled sauce two k and went 5 deep in every other race.
3/XXXXX/XXXXX/XXXXX
I missed brian sears on the 4. How do I pass on Sears and the morning line favorite. :bang:

storreyrich
11-29-2008, 11:58 AM
That's the case with my home track, Woodbine.

melman
11-29-2008, 12:03 PM
Whyhorse---I hear ya pal that was a nice paying pic4 at $25,240. I had each of the leg winners in my top four but did not come close to hittting hit. It did look to be worth a play as the fav's in each leg did not look all that strong. Tonight's pic4 at the BigM does not look as good for a big payoff as I see strong fav's in legs 3 and 4. Nice "single" whyhorse hope you nail a big one soon. With the 15% take a nice sized pic4 pools at the BigM it is an attractive wager.

Bruddah===Ms Ladd is still looking great, she just this year has done some TV ad work. She has "maintained" well. :jump: Very well.