PDA

View Full Version : NYRA to take break in Feb and March?

FantasticDan
11-24-2008, 10:47 AM
http://paulmoranattheraces.blogspot.com/2008/11/interesting-grist-in-rumor-mill.html

MickJ26
11-24-2008, 12:29 PM
http://paulmoranattheraces.blogspot.com/2008/11/interesting-grist-in-rumor-mill.html

If this does happen, it would probably make the folks at Gulfstream very happy. Other than Floriday Derby Day, NYRA beats Gulfstream in all sources handle almost every time.

Bobzilla
11-24-2008, 12:43 PM
Moran's article was on 11/18. I've read Charles Hayward had more recently visited the press area to say that there are presently no such plans. I love the inner track meet, it's usually my most profitable meet of the year. I would hate like the dickens to see it cut in half.

the little guy
11-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Aqueduct will be open through April. We are closed from December 15th through the 25th. That will be enough.

Norm
11-24-2008, 06:36 PM
Aqueduct will be open through April. We are closed from December 15th through the 25th. That will be enough.
I know the horsemen and track employees are entitled to a holiday break, but I will be suffering from withdrawal during those days :). I agree that, from a handicapper's point of view, it's the best meet of the year. I'm looking forward to the inner track opening.

NoCal Boy
11-24-2008, 06:41 PM
I know the horsemen and track employees are entitled to a holiday break, but I will be suffering from withdrawal during those days :). I agree that, from a handicapper's point of view, it's the best meet of the year. I'm looking forward to the inner track opening.

Aqueduct will be open after the Christmas break.

the little guy
11-24-2008, 06:46 PM

I like having a few days off....but frankly I will be going through withdrawal during those 11 days as well.