PDA

View Full Version : Hot Bloodlines These Days

Alyblakester
11-23-2008, 09:03 PM
In my opinion, now that Storm Cat is off the scene, A.P. Indy is now the man and he's a real sire of sires with Pulpit strengthening the line. What stallions do you guys like?

Miss Disco
11-23-2008, 10:21 PM
Cee's Tizzy and Tiznow
And a sentimental pull for anything from the old Man o War line (Relaunch, Intent) because at least it delivers some soundness, durability and distance capability. Of course, "distance" means anything over 7f!
:rolleyes:

cmoore
11-23-2008, 10:49 PM
Two year olds last 3 years on the dirt.....

Trippi has produced 24 of 72 1st time out starter winners

Other Sires with 15 or more first time out wins
Distorted Humor
Indian Charlie
Malibu Moon....This sire was really hot earlier in the year..Was hitting around 48% at one time..Now only 16 of 49..
Mutakkdim
Officer
Songandaprayer
Tale of the Cat....
Unbridled's Song
Yes It's True

MarquisMark
11-24-2008, 08:11 AM
When the young ones are trying a turf sprint for the first time, I like to keep an eye out for In Excess(IRE) and Unusual Heat.

Alyblakester
11-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Miss Disco,
Definitely pulling for the Tiznow line to continue Man o' War's legacy!

onefast99
11-24-2008, 10:12 AM
Two year olds last 3 years on the dirt.....

Trippi has produced 24 of 72 1st time out starter winners

Other Sires with 15 or more first time out wins
Distorted Humor
Indian Charlie
Malibu Moon....This sire was really hot earlier in the year..Was hitting around 48% at one time..Now only 16 of 49..
Mutakkdim
Officer
Songandaprayer
Tale of the Cat....
Unbridled's Song
Yes It's True
Officer? Lost a lot in the past year. I dont see his stud fee staying anywhere near 40k at taylormade. More like 15k is his real value. Songandaprayer still not a hot stallion. Look for tiz now to continue being a good one. Unbridled song is also hot. You will see a lot of farms dropping their stud fees.

witchdoctor
11-24-2008, 11:27 AM
Watch out for Seattle Fitz. Should do well with all the Mr Prospector out there. Impressive looking animal and his babies were selling well. We sure need a non Phalaris sire line to come thru.

I am also pulling for Tiznow. Wish Include could propagate the Broad Brush line.

strapper
11-25-2008, 12:26 PM
There is a horse in S. America that needs to come back to the States:

STROLL

His 1st crop produced several top runners.

matthewsiv
11-25-2008, 12:37 PM
Distorted Humor

Street Cry - because of Sheikh Mo's support

Indian Charlie

Smart Strike

Underated Sires

Malibu Moon

Successful Appeal

Bernstein

Mutakdim

Montbrook

Exchange rate

City Zip

Yes It's True

Put It Back

Concerto

All the above horses are capable of getting good horses.

matthewsiv
11-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Seattle Fitz's babies flew at the 2 year old sales and can run.

strapper
11-29-2008, 01:19 PM
I don't know much about Seattle Fitz' sire who has Argentine blood. Was he a top horse in S. America?

Jas
11-30-2008, 09:21 AM
Yes, Seattle Fitz's sire was a top S. American stallion in every category. SF's family also produced Seattle Slew and Mr. Prospector.

SF is a terrific looking horse but after being hot @ the sales, his foals have yet to translate that onto the track. Although, in his defense, he was bred to very common mares.