PDA

View Full Version : The definition of "jumping the gun"

JustRalph
11-22-2008, 11:37 PM
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/education/ny-liobam225937513nov22,0,7886309.story

Named a school after the messiah already..............

boxcar
11-23-2008, 12:13 AM
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/education/ny-liobam225937513nov22,0,7886309.story

Named a school after the messiah already..............

You know what is so ironic about this? As we'd expect from any limo lib, Obama would be loathe to send his kids to any public school -- even this one named after him. In fact, he's sending his little darlin's to the well known and highly acclaimed Sidwell Friends School. Now...If I were a bettin' man, I'd bet my last dollar that Obama would in all likelihood not be in favor of school vouchers.

To get a feel for this hoidy toidy school, clink on the link.

http://www.sidwell.edu/about_sfs/philosophy.asp

Boxcar

LottaKash
11-23-2008, 12:20 AM
This school thing probably tops a commercial I saw last nite.....It featured an offering for a commemorative plate, honoring the election of oSama......On the bottom of the plate was a slogan "Change has come"......:eek: ......

Perhaps we should buy this plate now, so that when the SS or Blackwater comes barging into your home using the "patriot act" as an excuse or reason to look for your guns, if they spot the plate on the wall, maybe they will cut you a break....:jump:

best,

Steve 'StatMan'
11-23-2008, 12:26 AM
I saw the other thread - I'd rather "jump the Gunns" :jump:

JustRalph
11-23-2008, 01:33 AM
Wow! When you have made a commemorative plate........you are reaching Dale Earnhardt Territory.........

Wow!!!!

Change has come :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am not going to have to worry about filling my gas tank or paying my mortgage anymore..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

DanG
11-23-2008, 07:09 AM
You know what is so ironic about this? As we'd expect from any limo lib, Obama would be loathe to send his kids to any public school -- even this one named after him. In fact, he's sending his little darlin's to the well known and highly acclaimed Sidwell Friends School. Now...If I were a bettin' man, I'd bet my last dollar that Obama would in all likelihood not be in favor of school vouchers.

To get a feel for this hoidy toidy school, clink on the link.

http://www.sidwell.edu/about_sfs/philosophy.asp

Boxcar
You lost me here Box;

I have zero regrets sending my step-kids to a charter school for example. (After winning a long debate with my wife :D ) Our local public school was paid (per child) to take “disadvantaged” kids from another district. The class rooms grew and frankly turned into a carnival.

I thought parents were encouraged to get the best education for their children possible? :confused:

boxcar
11-23-2008, 10:28 AM
You lost me here Box;

I have zero regrets sending my step-kids to a charter school for example. (After winning a long debate with my wife :D ) Our local public school was paid (per child) to take “disadvantaged” kids from another district. The class rooms grew and frankly turned into a carnival.

I thought parents were encouraged to get the best education for their children possible? :confused:

Yeah...well then, why are so many liberal politicians opposed to school vouchers? I mean...one would think that all politicians would be in favor of all parents giving their kids the finest education possible, right?

Next issue: I see even more hypocrisy at work here. Isn't the central idea behind Big Gov's involvement in the public education system to make it better!? To improve it? To benefit all the kids? And it seems to me that after all these many years and billions of bucks later, we should have an education system that is second to none on this planet, right? I mean...without Big Gov meddling into areas (in which it has no constitutional authority, incidentally), the public education system wouldn't be fit to train dogs, right? Yet, very, very few politicians utilize the system which for all these years they've been so fond of "making better" for others (translate: for the commoners, plebes, peasants, proletariat, etc.). It seems to me we clearly have a situation of what's good enough for the lowly Gooseys doesn't quite measure up for the ruling Ganders.

Finally, I'm led to wonder about Obama's bosom buddy's work on the Illinois education system. I mean Ayers is always being applauded for his "great contributions" to the public education system. Could it be that Obama doesn't think that Ayers has done quite enough, yet? That his accomplishments are overblown? Or could it be that he secretly thinks Ayers has screwed up the system beyond repair? Or could it be that Obama just doesn't want to utilize an education system that he knows is essentially suitable only for filling young, impressionable, developing skulls with propagandized or indoctrinated mush?

Boxcar

DanG
11-23-2008, 11:18 AM
Yeah...well then, why are so many liberal politicians opposed to school vouchers? I mean...one would think that all politicians would be in favor of all parents giving their kids the finest education possible, right?

Next issue: I see even more hypocrisy at work here. Isn't the central idea behind Big Gov's involvement in the public education system to make it better!? To improve it? To benefit all the kids? And it seems to me that after all these many years and billions of bucks later, we should have an education system that is second to none on this planet, right? I mean...without Big Gov meddling into areas (in which it has no constitutional authority, incidentally), the public education system wouldn't be fit to train dogs, right?
I think were talking about 1 and ½ different things here.

My take on your post was simply why doesn’t this parent send his kids to public school and then your derogatory “hoidy toidy” kind of confirmed that interpretation.

If you were just trying to make political hay with an analogy; then I think we agree. We certainly agree on federal involvement overstepping constitutional guidelines in terms of state schools. :ThmbDown:

Yes; to follow up one of your points. The fact that our educational system isn’t head and shoulders above the world’s standard is disgraceful. But then again; how is one to be re-elected when he tells his financiers that the bulk of his focus was on individuals who went from 5 – 9yo / who can’t vote and / or contribute to the good of the 'party'.

We think in terms of election cycles; the big picture doesn’t exist in Washington and hasn’t for decades.

JustRalph
12-04-2008, 12:29 AM
and the beat goes on...........

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081203/ap_on_re_us/obama_holiday

dav4463
12-05-2008, 01:17 AM
I want to see the dollar bill changed to obama with "in obama we trust" on the back! It would be fun to shove obama's face into a g-string!

HUSKER55
12-05-2008, 06:46 AM
You are a sick man dave ...but I like your style.

But what i want in a g-string is not osama's face ....now perhaps if his picture was on charmins product of choice for then truly change would have come :lol: :lol:

dav4463
12-07-2008, 03:41 AM
You are a sick man dave ...but I like your style.

But what i want in a g-string is not osama's face ....now perhaps if his picture was on charmins product of choice for then truly change would have come :lol: :lol:

thanks for the kind words! I wanted to shove his face into the g-string of a really nasty stripper, but Charmin is a great idea!

boxcar
12-07-2008, 11:44 AM
thanks for the kind words! I wanted to shove his face into the g-string of a really nasty stripper, but Charmin is a great idea!

Better yet...when the dollar becomes worthless altogether, then we could use those bills as Charmin.

Boxcar

Tom
12-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Put his face on Pampers.....time for a change! :lol: