PDA

View Full Version : Track condition: Frozen

FantasticDan
11-22-2008, 12:09 PM
I was checking Finger Lakes' website to see if they cancelled again today because of cold and snow, and they are actually running. Track condition under program changes is listed as "Frozen".

I guess Aqueduct probably races on its fair share of frozen tracks in the winter too, but man.. doesn't sound particulary safe for either jockey or horse..

FantasticDan
11-22-2008, 12:44 PM
.....And I guess it wasn't safe, as they just cancelled before the first race..

Norm
11-22-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm an internet regular at that track so I hate to see the season end, it's been a really good year, but I think racing is just about over there for this year. Their scheduled closing date is 12/6 but I don't think there will be many useful racing days between now and then. I do hope they have had a good year financially and come back in the Spring healthy and happy. It's a small, out-of-the-way track, but they have a larger off-track following than one might imagine. I'll be interested in seeing there annual figures when they are published.

onefast99
11-22-2008, 07:33 PM
How about some knucklehead watered down Monmouth park the other day the track froze and they couldnt train. I wonder if that worker is still employed!