PDA

View Full Version : BCS Applecart about to be jolted

rrbauer
11-21-2008, 04:14 PM
When Okla beats Texas Tech tomorrow and Florida beats Alabama in the SEC championship game where does that leave the mighty BCS?

OTM Al
11-21-2008, 05:01 PM
Picking the top 2 teams it calculates in the country for the championship game. Pretty simple really. Now where it leaves fans is a whole other matter. Honestly I think we should keep the traditional bowls with traditional matchups and then a 4 team playoff could happen afterward, but honestly I don't care about it that much as Purdue never wins the big one in football :)

DanG
11-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Concerning all one loss teams every year…

Among all the obvious flaws in this insane system; a real whopper is the timing of “when” your one loss occurs.

People remember 3 seconds ago max, and if you do lose one…better make it early.

If you even remotely like the sport; impossible not to be excited about Tech / Oklahoma this year. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

rrbauer
11-21-2008, 06:59 PM
If you even remotely like the sport; impossible not to be excited about Tech / Oklahoma this year. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Too many holes in TT secondary to be serious about their prospects in this game. Both teams have big offense but Okla has more team speed. They won't stop the Raiders but they will slow them down while Bradford will be "bombs away".

Marshall Bennett
11-21-2008, 07:07 PM
In the unlikely event that Tech beats OU , how could they not move ahead of Alabama ?

rrbauer
11-21-2008, 07:09 PM
In the unlikely event that Tech beats OU , how could they not move ahead of Alabama ?

I'll drink to that!

DanG
11-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Too many holes in TT secondary to be serious about their prospects in this game. Both teams have big offense but Okla has more team speed. They won't stop the Raiders but they will slow them down while Bradford will be "bombs away".
Thanks for the breakdown RR; I was really talking in terms of watching. I haven’t bet sports in many years even though I think in those terms following it.

I will never admit to how many hours I put in to trying to beat sports when I lived in Nevada. :blush: I have tremendous respect for anyone who shows long term profit. In terms of sports betting I left Vegas this way… :D
http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/1647/PreviewComp/SuperStock_1647R-86005.jpg

pktruckdriver
11-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Let me make this simple for all

Gators win championship

Over TT or OU, either will do nicely

Now if I jinxed my Gators, I am in trouble, but one must have faith in ones own team, and I do.

Both Miami (Dolphins) and Gators

To all rest good luck picking up the pieces...

Someone please explain to me how the 2004 Auburn Tigers did not share the National Title that year as USC did the year before, remember Auburn went unbeaten this year and that meant being SEC Champ, something USC did not do the year before, playing soory PAC 10 schools, explain that please.

Patrick

cj
11-22-2008, 01:33 AM
Of all the one loss teams, Florida has by far the worst loss.

highnote
11-22-2008, 02:28 AM
When Okla beats Texas Tech tomorrow and Florida beats Alabama in the SEC championship game where does that leave the mighty BCS?

I don't see TT losing to OK. I'll admit Oklahoma's record looks awesome and they can sure put points on the board. But I think TT is going to win -- at least that's what my numbers tell me. The numbers don't lie. Although they have been wrong many times. :D

I think FL is the best team in the country. Alabama looks like they have a good defense, but they've never faced a team like FL. Florida looks like they've been firing on all cylinders since their only loss several weeks ago. FL is racking up points and not giving up too many.

Win or lose, these are going to be great games.

DanG
11-22-2008, 11:23 AM
That statement is fishing for this question;

Would you bet (take your pick of team) the Big-12 South against them straight up on a neutral field? / If the answer is yes; how much are you willing to risk? ;)

pktruckdriver
11-22-2008, 12:13 PM
CJ

I will not bite on the Florida remark, but to say Florida is my State, Gators are my team, as well as Dolphins too, (even if they lose every game), Now until they beat the Tide in the Championship Game, then they must be Patient and see what happens in the Big 12., as well as win, just win baby

OK could win ,then what everyone has 1 lost, now what?

After the Champinship Game are they the one who goes to Miami, same for SEC

I do not know, it would be easy if TT just won out, not an easy task, though

Go Gators
Patrick

cj
11-22-2008, 12:47 PM
That statement is fishing for this question;

Would you bet (take your pick of team) the Big-12 South against them straight up on a neutral field? / If the answer is yes; how much are you willing to risk? ;)

I don't know, I don't bet sports ever. In the current system, it just seems perplexing that the team with the worst loss is being considered above some others. I don't get how they are ahead of USC, and I can't stand USC. It isn't like Florida has a long list of great wins either.

cj
11-22-2008, 12:48 PM
CJ

I will not bite on the Florida remark, but to say Florida is my State, Gators are my team, ...

There is nothing to "bite" on...it is an undeniable fact.

DanG
11-22-2008, 12:57 PM
I don't know, I don't bet sports ever. In the current system, it just seems perplexing that the team with the worst loss is being considered above some others. I don't get how they are ahead of USC, and I can't stand USC. It isn't like Florida has a long list of great wins either.
I’ll take that as a no.

I don’t bet sports either; but I would sure make an exception in these circumstances.

ElKabong
11-22-2008, 01:12 PM

Florida is awesome. One can only imagine how bad they'd mudhole Ole Miss in Gainesville...

(there are no less than 5 teams in the b12 that would whip Ole Miss senseless at home)

cj
11-22-2008, 01:18 PM
I’ll take that as a no.

I don’t bet sports either; but I would sure make an exception in these circumstances.

Right now, I'd take the Big 12. I think the SEC is big time overrated this year and being artificially boosted in the ratings.

Mississippi lost to Wake Forest. Vanderbilt lost to Duke AT HOME. Arkansas was completely embarrassed by Texas. Tennessee lost to a terrible UCLA team. LSU was life and death to beat Troy...TROY! The same Troy I watched OSU beat in person like a Pop Warner team.

The supposed big wins by Florida and Alabama are both against a highly suspect Georgia team. The only reason they are big is because of Georgia's pre-season ranking. On the field they are pretty mediocre. I've watched Georgia several times, and they would be battling Baylor for 5th in the Big 12 South.

Funny how the Florida guys don't want to discuss the topic I brought up. I see why you don't like the O'Reilly Factor! Spin, spin, spin...

cj
11-22-2008, 01:19 PM
Florida is awesome. One can only imagine how bad they'd mudhole Ole Miss in Gainesville...

(there are no less than 5 teams in the b12 that would whip Ole Miss senseless at home)

I'm confused...they lost to Ole Miss in Gainesville.

DanG
11-22-2008, 02:12 PM
R

Funny how the Florida guys don't want to discuss the topic I brought up. I see why you don't like the O'Reilly Factor! Spin, spin, spin...
Well that was…interesting. :confused:

I commented on the absurdity of the ranking system in regard to “when” a team gets there loss has a huge impact. You entered a non sequitur of…”Of the one loss teams, Florida’s loss was by far the worst”

No argument; it was a bad loss…I simply asked if you would bet against Florida…straight up, neutral field…period. Giving you the choice of any team in your conference.

You went “spinning” into the…I don’t know…I don’t bet sports…Florida’s this, Georgia’s that and then finally…hitting a banana peel and skidding into the O'Reilly factor. :D

We can have the court stenographer read it back if you’re foggy.

Simple question; if they meet in a bowl game who would you bet at equal stakes.

BTW since you brought it up: I don’t care for O'Reilly because I’m not a fan of well disguised bullshit, regardless of how fast it’s spinning. I need to get back to the track; the first couple times I got sucked into your nonsense it was kind of fun…not so much anymore.

cj
11-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Well that was…interesting. :confused:

I commented on the absurdity of the ranking system in regard to “when” a team gets there loss has a huge impact. You entered a non sequitur of…”Of the one loss teams, Florida’s loss was by far the worst”

No argument; it was a bad loss…I simply asked if you would bet against Florida…straight up, neutral field…period. Giving you the choice of any team in your conference.

You went “spinning” into the…I don’t know…I don’t bet sports…Florida’s this, Georgia’s that and then finally…hitting a banana peel and skidding into the O'Reilly factor. :D

We can have the court stenographer read it back if you’re foggy.

Simple question; if they meet in a bowl game who would you bet at equal stakes.

BTW since you brought it up: I don’t care for O'Reilly because I’m not a fan of well disguised bullshit, regardless of how fast it’s spinning. I need to get back to the track; the first couple times I got sucked into your nonsense it was kind of fun…not so much anymore.

My nonsense...you are too much. You continue with the insults.

I answered, I said "Right now I'd take the Big 12". It was the FIRST sentence in the post, but somehow you only caught the rest of the post. In your smartass words, should I have the stenographer read it back to you? I forgot I am not allowed to reply to your posts. However, my "Of all the one loss teams, Florida has by far the worst loss" was not a response to your post, but to the one IMMEDIATELY before mine. How is that a non sequitur? I know you think I'm arrogant as you said so here, but every time I post in a thread you are involved in does not mean it is directed to you. Your post wasn't even on the same page, so I didn't see it...imagine that.

Funny, when I post opinions in sports or politics, you are all over me. When I post good racing stuff I don't here a peep from you. I think I'll have PA eliminate my moderator status so you can ignore me. Your act is getting old.

DanG
11-22-2008, 03:44 PM
I think I'll have PA eliminate my moderator status so you can ignore me.
You have a deal Junior. :ThmbUp:

As for the rest of your ramblings…If I bother responding; please have me committed.

cj
11-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Junior. Whatever. I really hope to meet you someday. You would not want to meet me.

I love you guys that hide anonymously behind keyboards and act so smug.

DanG
11-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Junior. Whatever. I really hope to meet you someday. You would not want to meet me.

I love you guys that hide anonymously behind keyboards and act so smug.
Is that a threat my good friend?

cj
11-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Take it however you like. I doubt you would act this way in person. You can't possibly be that big an asshole.

DanG
11-22-2008, 04:03 PM
Take it however you like. I doubt you would act this way in person. You can't possibly be that big an asshole.
Wow…honestly; how old are you really? :D

I tell ya what;

Expedite the ignore function to spare these good people your high school overtures. Then private message me with anything you desire.

cj
11-22-2008, 04:07 PM
Wow…honestly; how old are you really? :D

I tell ya what;

Expedite the ignore function to spare these good people your high school overtures. Then private message me with anything you desire.

Yeah, it is all me. You had nothing to do with this spat. Guilty as charged, I admit it. I stole Dan's login and have been insulting myself.

DanG
11-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Yeah, it is all me. You had nothing to do with this spat. Guilty as charged, I admit it. I stole Dan's login and have been insulting myself.
A suggestion to all the individuals who have been subjected to this (especially the poor thread starter)…don’t forget to tip your waitresses before leaving.

ElKabong
11-22-2008, 04:31 PM
I'm confused...they lost to Ole Miss in Gainesville.

It was 100% sarcasm. Like I said, No less than 5 big 12 teams would take Ole Miss to the woodshed. My point being I completely agree with you. Florida is over rated.

cj
11-22-2008, 04:33 PM
It was 100% sarcasm. Like I said, No less than 5 big 12 teams would take Ole Miss to the woodshed. My point being I completely agree with you. Florida is over rated.

I caught on, I'm a little slow sometimes. The SEC has been great the last few years, but I don't think this is one of them. That is what I was trying point out with the results of some of the out of conference games. Some of those teams have given the elite SEC teams very good games.

In the Big 12, that just isn't the case. The good teams have beaten good teams out of conference, and the bad teams have been blown off the field when they play the top teams.

ElKabong
11-22-2008, 04:44 PM
A suggestion to all the individuals who have been subjected to this (especially the poor thread starter)…don’t forget to tip your waitresses before leaving.

As one of the individuals "subjected" to this, it's quite amusing and very natural when college football is talked about. It's no big deal. You mentioned the PM function, you coulda done that with the personal stuff. But it's entertaining nonetheless.

Back to your topic, I would bet on TEXAS/ 0u/ Tech/ Mizzou/ Pokie State at a Vegas book if Florida played any of the 5. The way Baylor is coming on, I'd take BU and 7 points vs the Gators in a heartbeat at the moment.

I'm the biggest proponent of SEC football you'll find that doesn't live in that part of the country, but this isn't their year. The b12 is having the year of its existence, I'm sure it'll come to an end next season and the SEC will be dominant again....but right now I'm watching LSU-Ole Miss and I don't see a good football team on the field.

ElKabong
11-22-2008, 04:49 PM
The SEC has been great the last few years, but I don't think this is one of them. That is what I was trying point out with the results of some of the out of conference games. Some of those teams have given the elite SEC teams very good games.

I agree, and don't see how anyone can dispute it.....But college football talk can bring out a lot of opinions :)

I'm just enjoying this year as best I can. The b12 may not be this good again for a long long time. Has been a fun year.

DanG
11-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Back to your topic, I would bet on TEXAS/ 0u/ Tech/ Mizzou/ Pokie State at a Vegas book if Florida played any of the 5.
Really; any of those 5 straight up?

I agree the B12 South is just loaded, but I would be shocked if Vegas didn’t favor Florida on a neutral site. I could be wrong and certainly have a rooting interest with my girl attending the school. ;)

pktruckdriver
11-22-2008, 08:27 PM
Hey don't forget me, I am involved here too.

Go Gators:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

big :1: :2: is better than SEC this year
as a conference.

Does the best team come from the Big :1: :2:
no I do not think so, Alabama , God I hope
not, may be beat the Gators, their coach, who I hate, is exceptional, we all know that, And if they hand the Gators a loss in the SEC championship game, then watch out everyone, but until then, Go Gators, and the heck with everyone else, you got that...

Can I make myself any clearer than that, ok

Here's to your team :)

Patrick

DanG
11-22-2008, 08:56 PM
Go Gators, and the heck with everyone else, you got that...

Can I make myself any clearer than that, ok

There you go Patrick; :jump:

Let’s hope it plays out on the field.

I will say Oklahoma looks very fast and physical on defense so far. Your opinion of Saban is how I feel about Bob Stoops. Good coach but I can’t root for him. Come to think of it…I’m not nuts over Saban either; :D so let’s hope that match up doesn’t happen.

Hey Patrick; you have a real conflict of interest with Saban being a Dolphin fan. The Dolphin fans I know would like to drag him down ’95 from a rope. :eek:

Dave Schwartz
11-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Dick Bauer: Hererafter to be known as The Man!

Nice all!

Dave Schwartz
11-22-2008, 10:08 PM
Oops - "Nice CALL"

dylbert
11-22-2008, 10:55 PM
OU is bludgeoning Texas Tech! Yikes, this game has gotten U-G-L-Y. Big question is how did OU lose to Texas?

OU vs. Florida for BCS championship? Let the debate begin.

Ole Miss beating LSU was sweeter for me than Ole Miss defeating Florida. As Oxford-born, LSU system educated, Louisiana resident, I have never been LSU fan! Crimson and navy trumps purple and gold for me.

LSU has been severely overrated this year. Last year's success got too much credit from pollsters. Troy exposed their two key weaknesses last weekend: (1) pass, pass, pass on offense as LSU has weak secondary, and (2) make LSU pass, pass, pass to beat you as QB is weakest position in LSU's offense.

Looks like Texas Tech is going to Cotton Bowl now versus either Georgia or Ole Miss from SEC.

ElKabong
11-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Really; any of those 5 straight up?

I agree the B12 South is just loaded, but I would be shocked if Vegas didn’t favor Florida on a neutral site. I could be wrong and certainly have a rooting interest with my girl attending the school. ;)

The last time someone asked me this kind of stuff, it was an 0u fan before the TEXAS- 0u game. We weren't supposed to have a shot to beat 0u on a neutral field.

TEXAS won in style, by 10 in a great football game.

TEXAS would mudhole Florida. So would 0u. Tech would hang half a hundred, maybe even Mizzou too. Florida might find Baylor's Robert Griffin to be better than Jevan Sneed. You know Jevan Sneed, don't you? He's the QB that beat the Gators in Gainesville. The same Jevan Sneed that had to transfer to Ole Miss because a guy named Colt McCoy won the starting job by a country mile over Sneed.

Thanks for asking.

ElKabong
11-22-2008, 11:19 PM
OU is bludgeoning Texas Tech! Yikes, this game has gotten U-G-L-Y. Big question is how did OU lose to Texas?.

TEXAS beat 0u straight up. The Longhorns are the better team, beat them on a neutral field when both teams were at or near full strength.

What you're seeing from Tech now that you haven't seen all yr long is the refs are finally calling holding, hands to the face, etc....and their defense is being exposed b/c they've run out of trick schemes (happens every year).

Tech didn't have a single holding call on them when they beat TEXAS. Yet on hornfans.com there was a picture of Orakpo being taken down from behind like a wrestling move (that shot was the play he was injured on). That crap went on all night. Tonight it's being called. Party over.

highnote
11-22-2008, 11:39 PM
I don't see TT losing to OK. I'll admit Oklahoma's record looks awesome and they can sure put points on the board. But I think TT is going to win -- at least that's what my numbers tell me. The numbers don't lie. Although they have been wrong many times. :D

I told you OK was going destroy Texas Tech. :liar:

cj
11-23-2008, 12:08 AM
TEXAS beat 0u straight up.

This is true, but the whole body of work will favor OU if they beat the Cowboys, and that is a BIG if. They hammered TT while the OU-UT game and UT-TT game were close. Not only that, the non-conference whoopings of Cincinatti and TCU are pretty impressive compared to the schedules of UT and TT.

The best part is no matter what happens from here to the wire, the BCS is proven to once again be a fraud.

All that said, go OSU!

ElKabong
11-23-2008, 12:36 AM
I've been resigned for 2 weeks to the fact 0u will jumps us in the polls come tomorrow. Happens every year. Whoever the IT team is late, gets the props. Too bad, b/c I think TEXAS has the better year.

We beat Mizzou, who is much better than Cincy, but "might" have trouble with TCU. TCU looks great vs MWC offenses but always seem to give up 30+ vs b12 teams of note.

Also, consider that....
--0u beat Tech at home at night on nat'l tv (hyped crowd)
--Tech beat TEXAS at home on on nat'l tv (hyped crowd) on the last play of the game.
--TEXAS beat 0u n a neutral field. Of the tie breaker games, TEXAS didn't have a home crowd behind them like 0u and Tech did.

TEXAS has had the better year imo. Won't matter, likely.

And if Baylor hasn't packed it in, don't count them out of beating Tech somehow. They are playing damn good. Last 3 games they've lost to Mizzou late by a field goal, gave TEXAS a strong game for a half before they had some breaks go against them, then they mudholed anm....If Tech doesn't get theri heads up, and BU hasn't packed it in, Tech could lose that game.

Which is bad news for 0u since TEXAS would go to the b12 title game on the head to head tie breaker (we beat 0u, remember :) ) ....if we tool Mizzou again, the press is suddenly back in lve with TEXAS and we'd go to the MNC game.

We need a 4 or 8 team playoff for the MNC.

ElKabong
11-23-2008, 01:20 AM
CJ,

To my shock both Herbie and Corso are ranking TEXAS ahead of 0u after tonight on the late edition of sportscenter. I woulda swore they'd flip 0u over TEXAS b/c they're the hot team of the night.

For 3 months of the year I have no life on Saturdays. Sept- Nov. It's college football from 9am to midnight. This time of the year beats all, for me. In a perverse way, I almost prefer no playoff to this nonsense. It's like a car wreck. Can't keep my eyes off it for the drama even tho I know there's a better solution to the problem.

pktruckdriver
11-23-2008, 01:24 AM
Well the Big 12 South is a mess, can it be straightened out?

Who must lose to make the right team go to the championship Game?

OU looked great tonight, but it was at home, but the way they played I think even in Texas that would been the score.

Texas has beaten them, OU, they must do what to fall out of favor, lose the Big 12 Championship Game, but who plays Florida then, USC, and the Big 12 gets no shot at the title game.

How bout BALL STATE AND UTAH, BOTH UNBEATEN??????

Go Gators
Patrick

highnote
11-23-2008, 02:36 AM
Oklahoma's defense tonight was to professional football as Texas Tech's offense tonight was to high school football.

Defense wins football games.

Sailwolf
11-23-2008, 02:54 AM
Concerning all one loss teams every year…

Among all the obvious flaws in this insane system; a real whopper is the timing of “when” your one loss occurs.

People remember 3 seconds ago max, and if you do lose one…better make it early.

Not when the actual game was played

DanG
11-23-2008, 06:26 AM
Not when the actual game was played
True;

ABC / ESPN could have cried by halftime. Only Oklahoma fans watched the 2nd half and of course people who played the total.

DanG
11-23-2008, 06:43 AM
The last time someone asked me this kind of stuff, it was an 0u fan before the TEXAS- 0u game. We weren't supposed to have a shot to beat 0u on a neutral field.

TEXAS won in style, by 10 in a great football game.

TEXAS would mudhole Florida. So would 0u. Tech would hang half a hundred, maybe even Mizzou too.

Thanks for asking.
You’re welcome…and thanks for answering.

Maybe Florida will get points in this match up if you are making the lines. One can only hope…

If it is Fla / Okla…One for his last five bowl appearances must instill confidence for fans of “Big Game Bob Stoops”.

I assume you applied a similar “who have they played” rational when Boise State beat Okla. Not to mention when they were “Mudholed” by USC, West Virginia.

sammy the sage
11-23-2008, 07:13 AM
Dan...gotta remember...facts/logic/sarcastic humor...does NOT APPLY nor can even be explained to poster's who's moniker's...FIT their COMMENTS :lol: :D

just TAKE their MONEY!

DanG
11-23-2008, 07:36 AM
Dan...gotta remember...facts/logic/sarcastic humor...does NOT APPLY nor can even be explained to poster's who's moniker's...FIT their COMMENTS :lol: :D

just TAKE their MONEY!
I don’t bet sports as a rule Sammy; but if Florida is getting points it will be tough to resist.

I let my heart guide my Easy Goer bets and I’ve had to work hard to eliminate emotional betting in racing. In sports; (As is evident by this thread) I don’t think I’m quite there yet. :D Especially when your kid goes to the university.

I know you have a good feel for betting sports and I wish you all the best. :ThmbUp:

Marshall Bennett
11-23-2008, 07:39 AM
I have to say , as a die hard Longhorn fan , OU is playing the best football and would be awfully hard to beat right now . In fact they should have beat Texas , should be undefeated , and should be #1 .

DanG
11-23-2008, 08:23 AM
I have to say , as a die hard Longhorn fan , OU is playing the best football and would be awfully hard to beat right now . In fact they should have beat Texas , should be undefeated , and should be #1 .
Wow Marshall; for a Longhorn fan to say that…OU MUST be playing well. :D

I was watching some highlights this morning; I’m still looking for the Tech secondary on those wide runs. Either Tech’s CB’s / LB's were AWOL, or OU’s receivers block like lineman. Probably a little bit of both.

What is Demarco Murray…redshirt freshman? That is scary as physical as he is.

The match up issue for Florida (or whoever they play) will be OU’s guards. They are flat out NASTY and well coached.

rrbauer
11-23-2008, 09:05 AM
Dick Bauer: Hererafter to be known as The Man!

Nice call!

Thanks! Since I've all but quit playing the hosses, I'm now watching at least 20 college games (live or dvr) a week. As a result, I have a fair idea of who can beat who. Florida needs to beat Alabama to complete my DD.

Okla and Florida are easily the best two teams in college ball right now. Okla has a little better defense but Florida has more world-class speed at its skill positions than any team that I can remember and its QB is the consumate "gamer". Hope they get to face off.

Two teams that you DO NOT want to play in bowl games this year: Mississippi and Iowa.

DanG
11-23-2008, 10:09 AM
Two teams that you DO NOT want to play in bowl games this year: Mississippi and *Iowa.
That’s interesting on a team like *Iowa and a perfect example of why a season long power rating can be so deceiving.

Just past their early ‘scrimmages from 9/13 to 10/4 you have one team. Past that point you clearly have a team surging. In hind sight: If you average them together you probably didn’t cash on either reality and it doesn’t reflect who they are today.

I don’t know their injury status at all, so I couldn’t even guess if it’s just maturity / good health or both.

rrbauer
11-23-2008, 11:55 AM
Two teams that you DO NOT want to play in bowl games this year: Mississippi and Iowa.
After I posted this I realized that it might be misinterpreted. I was referring to other teams not wanting to play these guys....not gamblers. Especially, Mississippi. If you give their coach some time to get a game plan ready for you, look out. Reminds me of when Spurrier was first coaching at Florida. If he had time to get ready for a game (like two weeks) you could count on the Gators hanging up a couple scores the first two times they had the ball. His team now (So Carolina) is somewhat reminiscent of those days, but they don't have the quality at the skill positions that his Florida teams had.

ElKabong
11-23-2008, 01:03 PM
You’re welcome…and thanks for answering.

Maybe Florida will get points in this match up if you are making the lines. One can only hope…

If it is Fla / Okla…One for his last five bowl appearances must instill confidence for fans of “Big Game Bob Stoops”.

I assume you applied a similar “who have they played” rational when Boise State beat Okla. Not to mention when they were “Mudholed” by USC, West Virginia.

0u in 2006? When Boise beat them? That was the worst year by far for the b12. What does 2006 have to do with today?

I'm talking about 2008. If you wish to go back to 1963 I remember that season quite well, but it does little to prove any point. But If you must, Nobis bent over Roger Staubach and had his way....

Just as Orakpo would with Tebow. :)

Enjoy your win over The Citadel. LOL

ElKabong
11-23-2008, 01:09 PM

Dude, we beat 0u fair and square. Even physically pushed their ass around late until they simply quit defending the run. When did Ogbnnaya ever break a long run before the 0u game?

Before that game I didn't know if was even possible to beat them, but we did so and everyone on the field that day knew who the best team was.

DanG
11-23-2008, 04:29 PM
0u in 2006? When Boise beat them? That was the worst year by far for the b12. What does 2006 have to do with today?

I'm talking about 2008. If you wish to go back to 1963 I remember that season quite well, but it does little to prove any point. But If you must, Nobis bent over Roger Staubach and had his way....

Just as Orakpo would with Tebow. :)

Enjoy your win over The Citadel. LOL
Thanks; now it’s all making sense…
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d160/sitarzan/ElKabong.jpg

rrbauer
11-23-2008, 05:30 PM
USA Today has them Tide, Sooners, Gators.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3721311&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

cj
11-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Dude, we beat 0u fair and square. Even physically pushed their ass around late until they simply quit defending the run. When did Ogbnnaya ever break a long run before the 0u game?

Before that game I didn't know if was even possible to beat them, but we did so and everyone on the field that day knew who the best team was.

While what you say is pretty much true, if it winds up a three way tie, it is tough to back Texas. TT would have basically the same argument that UT is using over OU. Non-conference schedule has to count for something to, doesn't it?

TT played absolutely nobody, UT played UTEP, Rice, Arkansas, and Florida Atlantic, while OU played Cincinatti, TCU, and very bad teams in Chattanooga and Washington. The edge has to go to OU there. One other thing, Murray was not near full speed for the Texas game and they lost there top defender in the middle of the game.

The best BCS title matchup would probably be a UT-OU rematch. I think the top 3 teams right now are UT, OU, and USC, and only one will get a chance. The 4th and 5th best teams are battling for the other spot. Great system going in the NCAA.

sammy the sage
11-23-2008, 06:51 PM
""The best BCS title matchup would probably be a UT-OU rematch.''

yea...that sounds like 06 as well...that awesome Mich/OSU game every-one wanted a re-match of also:lol: :D

rastajenk
11-23-2008, 06:52 PM
I had to wade through four pages to see a USC mention. :eek: If by "best team" one means the team with the most of the best players, USC has to be in the conversation

But OSU gets a call on page three! Go Bucks! :jump: (I know, I know....wrong OSU)

This is what's got me excited, as a non-BCS fan, or a BCS non-fan: Cincinnati, some ACC team with three or more losses, and maybe Oregon State will take up spots in the big bowls; and maybe they throw a bone to Boise or Utah, having not learned much from Hawaii's participation. So where will the good games be? Presumably, on New Year's Eve, or early on New Year's Day. But not in the Bowel Cleansing System.

ElKabong
11-23-2008, 08:32 PM
While what you say is pretty much true, if it winds up a three way tie, it is tough to back Texas. TT would have basically the same argument that UT is using over OU. Non-conference schedule has to count for something to, doesn't it?

TT played absolutely nobody, UT played UTEP, Rice, Arkansas, and Florida Atlantic, while OU played Cincinatti, TCU, and very bad teams in Chattanooga and Washington. The edge has to go to OU there. .

Nope, we beat a #11 Missouri team that 0u and Tech didn't play. Neither Cincy nor TCU arre ranked as high as Mizzou. Thus TEXAS not only whipped 0u on the field, but we've beaten better teams along the way. oSu still has to play 0u, we already beat oSU..

I'm resigned to the fact the bcs will take the inferior 0u team over the TEXAS team that whipped them on a neutral field. That's college football today.

ElKabong
11-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Thanks; now it’s all making sense.

You're quite welcome, Junior.

cj
11-23-2008, 08:48 PM
...and maybe they throw a bone to Boise or Utah, having not learned much from Hawaii's participation. ...

No doubt the Big East and ACC stink. That said, Utah and Boise have both proven in the past mid conference schools can do just fine in BCS bowls. It has been some time since anyone has beaten Utah in a bowl game, and that includes a win over USC. They destroyed someone in the Fiesta Bowl a few years ago.

cj
11-23-2008, 08:51 PM
Nope, we beat a #11 Missouri team that 0u and Tech didn't play. Neither Cincy nor TCU arre ranked as high as Mizzou. Thus TEXAS not only whipped 0u on the field, but we've beaten better teams along the way. oSu still has to play 0u, we already beat oSU..

I'm resigned to the fact the bcs will take the inferior 0u team over the TEXAS team that whipped them on a neutral field. That's college football today.

Like I said, it could go either way. Missouri, in my mind, doesn't top wins over two pretty good teams. Missouri hasn't beaten a decent team all year.

Looking at the latest BCS standings, it is almost certain a win by OU will move them past Texas. The real question will be if Florida beats Alabama, will that be enough to vault them past the #3 team?

ElKabong
11-23-2008, 09:11 PM
Like I said, it could go either way. Missouri, in my mind, doesn't top wins over two pretty good teams. Missouri hasn't beaten a decent team all year.

Looking at the latest BCS standings, it is almost certain a win by OU will move them past Texas. The real question will be if Florida beats Alabama, will that be enough to vault them past the #3 team?

cj,

i just saw this same thing posted on hornfans....Florida could win out, and likely not make the bcs game. As much as I like toying with Dan (all in fun, it's college football afterall) that would suck. But losing to a mediocre team didn't help the Gators one bit.

My last comment on TEXAS proving themselves to go to the bcs MNC game....We played a 4 game stretch that no one in the 50+ years of my watching football has ever gone thru. No one. We lost on the last play of the game in the last of those 4 games, won the other 3 games in style. For some reason that seems to be all but forgotten.

ElKabong
11-23-2008, 09:13 PM
1. Alabama, 0.987;
2. Texas, 0.920;
3. Oklahoma, 0.912;
4. Florida, 0.875;
5. USC, 0.797;
6. Utah, 0.785;
7. Texas Tech, 0.778;
8. Penn St., 0.752;
9. Boise St., 0.658;
10. Ohio St., 0.620;
11. Georgia, 0.601;
12. Oklahoma St., 0.570;
13. Missouri, 0.558;
14. TCU, 0.470;
15. Ball St., 0.437;
16. Cincinnati, 0.397;
17. Oregon St., 0.313;
18. BYU, 0.262;
19. Michigan St., 0.211;
20. Florida St., 0.188;

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8...o-No.-2-in-BCS

ElKabong
11-23-2008, 09:25 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/poll?poll=BCS

To illustrate what Florida is up against, look at how little ground 0u made up on TEXAS in one week after 0u crushed the #2 team by 50 points. When Houston Nutt slammed his guitar over Urban Meyer's head it cost Florida more than they could have ever imagined....bummer :)

rastajenk
11-23-2008, 11:22 PM
I don't think I get what you're trying to say - that Florida is stuck too far behind? All they have to do is beat Alabama...and then wait for the pollsters to move them up to avoid a Texas-Okie rematch. It worked well for them two years ago.

dav4463
11-23-2008, 11:41 PM
I want to see Boise State vs. Utah.

Marshall Bennett
11-24-2008, 10:00 AM
""The best BCS title matchup would probably be a UT-OU rematch.''

I don't think this is possible with both teams playing in the same division out of the Big 12 ... or am I missing something ?

pktruckdriver
11-24-2008, 10:23 AM
Marshall

Some people are being unreasonable/over zealous, in assuming there particular conference and teams are better than everyone else's teams.

Of course the BCS will not allow for it to happen.

rrbauer
11-24-2008, 10:30 AM
I want to see Boise State vs. Utah.

Utah is in. BS is out.

pktruckdriver
11-24-2008, 10:32 AM
ElKabong remember this from 9/13

PT,

They ought to just make the SEC title game the ncaa championship. That conference is light yrs ahead of everyone else. The rest of us don't compare (at least for now).

PATRICK

GO GATORS

rrbauer
11-24-2008, 10:36 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/poll?poll=BCS

To illustrate what Florida is up against, look at how little ground 0u made up on TEXAS in one week after 0u crushed the #2 team by 50 points. When Houston Nutt slammed his guitar over Urban Meyer's head it cost Florida more than they could have ever imagined....bummer :)

Florida will gain all the BCS style points that it needs by beating Florida St and Alabama. Right now it's the Big 12 guys that are beating up on each other and somebody still has to do a number on Mizzou to stay up there. If you recall last year Mizzou had beaten Kansas but it was Kansas that went to the BCS after Mizzou lost the conference title game. I'm not a Mizzou advocate but somebody will have to beat them to get to the next level.

cj
11-24-2008, 10:53 AM
Missouri is decent, but they would be 5th if in the South. The chances of them winning the Big12 Title game are pretty slim. Of course there have been upsets before, but I just don't see it happening this year.

In a strange twist, it is probably best for Texas for OU to lose. If that happens, neither OU nor Texas play for the Big 12 title game if Texas Tech beats Baylor, and Texas will most likely be in the BCS Title game. If OU wins, they will need some human voters to suddenly change their mind and flip flop to Texas for them to hold the second spot. It has happened before, so anything is possible. But how bad is it when a team might be better served by not playing in the conference title game?

cj
11-24-2008, 11:03 AM
10 slots in BCS bowls. As of now, here the the INs...

Alabama/Florida winner
Utah
Penn St.
Oregon St.
ACC winner
Cincinnati
Big 12 winner

There will be 3 open slots...

Alabama/Florida loser
USC
Big 12 South runner up

UT, TT, or OU will be left out in the cold after playing in the toughest division in the history of college football and losing one game.

I don't think a conference is allowed three teams. If that is so, and Oregon St. loses, couldn't Boise get in that way?

rrbauer
11-24-2008, 11:17 AM
RE: Boise/Utah

As I understand it, only one school from those two conferences combined can get in. And since Utah ends undefeated and ranked above Boise, I assume it will be them.

I think the "no more than two" schools affected the Big 12 last year which is why both Kansas and Mizzou couldn't get in.

If Mizzou pulls off an upset then won't they go? And, only one of the teams from B12-south get in?

Dave Schwartz
11-24-2008, 11:19 AM
If that is so, and Oregon St. loses...

Doesn't that put USC in the Rose Bowl?

rrbauer
11-24-2008, 11:20 AM
But how bad is it when a team might be better served by not playing in the conference title game?

You only have to look to last year and what happened to Mizzou.

rrbauer
11-24-2008, 11:22 AM

Correct (do they have to beat UCLA yet?). But they will get into BCS based on their ranking even if Oregon State wins out unless USC loses another game.

Marshall Bennett
11-24-2008, 11:55 AM
I don't care if Utah goes undefeated till the end of time , until their schedule gets beefed up , they don't belong in the title game . This may seem selfish to many but the truth is , they don't match up in any way or form with the likes of UT , OU , Florida , Alabama , USC , and a probably " many " more . Thats my opinion and I'm sticking to it !! If any of the above mentioned were to transfer and play in such a conference , they'd surely be undefeated as well , as would perhaps a dozen or so other teams .

cj
11-24-2008, 12:05 PM
I don't care if Utah goes undefeated till the end of time , until their schedule gets beefed up , they don't belong in the title game . This may seem selfish to many but the truth is , they don't match up in any way or form with the likes of UT , OU , Florida , Alabama , USC , and a probably " many " more . Thats my opinion and I'm sticking to it !! If any of the above mentioned were to transfer and play in such a conference , they'd surely be undefeated as well , as would perhaps a dozen or so other teams .

This is always the argument, but is it really fair? Do you think the big schools are falling over themselves to schedule Boise St and Utah? Of course they aren't! It also isn't Utah's fault that Michigan sucked this year.

Like I said, Utah has more than held their own in Bowl games against the BCS conferences. If Utah was in the Big East or ACC, they probably still go undefeated and they would be ranked number 1.

rr,

As for Utah and Boise, they both can go, but one has to be "selected" as an at large. Only one can get the automatic bid, even if more than one team meets the criteria. This year, I think even Ball State meets the criteria.

cj
11-24-2008, 12:06 PM

Yes, but that just opens another slot as there is no way Oregon State gets selected as an at large. It would then be between Boise, Ohio St, and Georgia most likely.

pktruckdriver
11-24-2008, 01:36 PM
How much Lobbying will David Letterman do, for Ball State?

Oregon State goes to the Rose if they win out, even with 3 lossess, as the
Pac10 Champ, kinda sad isn't it, otherwise no shot at a BCS game
what-so-ever , as USC only, so far , lost 1 game, and that game cost them the Pac 10 title, maybe?

Now Utah did beat Oregon State, the potential Pac 10 Champ, that has to help.

Go Gators
Patrick

Pace Cap'n
11-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Congrats on being the only person in the country that can unscramble the BCS bs.

But even with it being bs, I am still not in favor of a playoff system. Let's just go back to the polls the way they were, and then argue about it until next season.

rastajenk
11-24-2008, 07:42 PM
Let's just go back to the polls the way they were, and then argue about it until next season.Right on. Back to the polls and the bowls, the way they were. Given the conference tie-ins as they once were, and making some assumptions about league championship games' outcomes, we could have been looking forward to something like this:

Rose Bowl: USC v. Penn St (I think the Ducks knock off the Beavs in a rivalry game)
Sugar Bowl: Florida v. Texas
Orange Bowl: Oklahoma v. Alabama
Fiesta Bowl: Tex Tech v. Utah

Three games with Title implications, and another one with only one loss between 'em. The possibilities are nearly endless! Just imagine all the moaning and griping and lobbying and arguing. Beats the hell out of a playoff. It's steak, then lobster, and caviar. Instead, we get served meat loaf with cold mashed potatoes.
:mad:

ElKabong
11-24-2008, 08:32 PM
I don't think I get what you're trying to say - that Florida is stuck too far behind? All they have to do is beat Alabama...and then wait for the pollsters to move them up to avoid a Texas-Okie rematch. It worked well for them two years ago.

Yes, Florida is (probably) too far behind. Let me put it this way.

-Computer rankings make up 1/3 of the BCS rankings. (all about strength of schedule & quality wins)

-TEXAS has 3 wins vs the top 13 teams in the rankings.

-Currently, no team other than TEXAS has more than 1 win vs the top 13.

This gives a huge edge to TEXAS. If Florida wins out they may be ranked #1 in the 2 human polls and still not be ranked ahead of TEXAS who would be no worse than #3 in the human polls. That's reality. NOT opinion. A #2 Florida in the human polls will have a tremendously hard time beating TEXAS for that 2nd ranking with the comps included. At #1 they would have a 50-50 shot.

ElKabong
11-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Marshall

Some people are being unreasonable/over zealous, in assuming there particular conference and teams are better than everyone else's teams.

Of course the BCS will not allow for it to happen.

Got that right. You guys beat the Citadel and all of a sudden you think the gators are unbeatable :lol:

Your comment about "the bcs will not allow that to happen". What exactly are you talking about? Two teams from the same conf can't play for the title, whether it be the sec or the Big12? If that's the case, you honestly have no idea how the bcs formula works. Human polls don't decide the whole schabang, the Comps have a big say in it & they don't give a shit what you or I say or think.

Not being condescending, but do you understand the word "formula"? It's what the rankings are based on. Not solely on polls.

In 2004 Cal was ranked ahead of TEXAS in the human polls for the final BCS slot. Yet TEXAS went to the Rose Bowl while Cal was left out. The reason? TEXAS had a tougher "strength of schedule" and more "quality wins" than Cal, and it wasn't even close in the Comps. But it WAS very close in the human polls. Florida is looking at the same scenario right now, whether anyone likes it or not.

And fwiw, if TEXAS gets left out--- that's the way it goes. I can make arguements for UT, but the system is what it is.

pktruckdriver
11-24-2008, 10:31 PM
PLAYOFFS PLEASE

Congrats on being the only person in the country that can unscramble the BCS bs.

But even with it being bs, I am still not in favor of a playoff system. Let's just go back to the polls the way they were, and then argue about it until next season.

This is where I disagree, as all these 1 lost teams couldbattle it out for supremecy, it always has been who's hot late that wins the title.

I would love a playoff system, is my point, that's all.

Then the Gators can beat everyone more often.....

Patrick

cj
11-24-2008, 11:18 PM
Yes, Florida is (probably) too far behind. Let me put it this way.

-Computer rankings make up 1/3 of the BCS rankings. (all about strength of schedule & quality wins)

-TEXAS has 3 wins vs the top 13 teams in the rankings.

-Currently, no team other than TEXAS has more than 1 win vs the top 13.

This gives a huge edge to TEXAS. If Florida wins out they may be ranked #1 in the 2 human polls and still not be ranked ahead of TEXAS who would be no worse than #3 in the human polls. That's reality. NOT opinion. A #2 Florida in the human polls will have a tremendously hard time beating TEXAS for that 2nd ranking with the comps included. At #1 they would have a 50-50 shot.

Top 13? Come on, that is too funny. Convenient OU beat 14 and 16.

I'm pretty sure that an OU win spells doom for Texas. They will have most likely four wins over top 15 teams, and will add in a big road win that none of the others have. I'm not saying I agree with it, but that is what is going to happen if OU wins and TT beats Baylor, and of course they will in Lubbock.

As I said, the best scenario for Texas is for OU to lose, Tech gets the Big 12 South title, and UT goes straight to the BCS game. It is virtually impossible for them to lose the #2 spot unless OU wins.

ElKabong
11-25-2008, 01:24 AM
PLAYOFFS PLEASE

This is where I disagree, as all these 1 lost teams couldbattle it out for supremecy, it always has been who's hot late that wins the title.

Patrick

Really? LSU losing to Arkansas in the last game of the year at home qualifies as "hot?" The same Arkansas team that was throttled and bent over by Mizzou in the Cotton Bowl?! Funny stuff.

I agree LSU was the best team of the yr in 2007. But losing the last game of the regular season is NOT "hot"

ElKabong
11-25-2008, 01:30 AM
Top 13? Come on, that is too funny. Convenient OU beat 14 and 16.

I'm pretty sure that an OU win spells doom for Texas. They will have most likely four wins over top 15 teams, and will add in a big road win that none of the others have. I'm not saying I agree with it, but that is what is going to happen if OU wins and TT beats Baylor, and of course they will in Lubbock.

As I said, the best scenario for Texas is for OU to lose, Tech gets the Big 12 South title, and UT goes straight to the BCS game. It is virtually impossible for them to lose the #2 spot unless OU wins.

Not funny at all. As for TCU, they can't score on a decent defense. If they could they would have beaten Utah. Everytime we play TCU we blow them out.

0u got the best of the scheduling this yr. They didn't play TEXAS nor Tech on the road. TEXAS got the worst of it. We didn't play Tech nor 0u at home. Lot of good arguements on the Ut side of the equation, but no doubt 0u beating oSu and Mizzou will seal the deal for 0u.

Pity that TEXAS 45- 0U 35 isn't what voters look at. Neutral field. 0u was #1 and lost to TEXAS on a neutral field in a rivalry game. That tells me who the best team is.

dav4463
11-25-2008, 02:35 AM
:) I also want to see North Texas vs. Washington in the "Toilet Bowl". Loser has to keep a gold toilet seat in their trophy case for one year.

The Bowl Game should be played somewhere nobody wants to go either. I vote for the game to be held at Shotwell Stadium in Abilene, TX!

rrbauer
11-25-2008, 06:59 AM
:) I also want to see North Texas vs. Washington in the "Toilet Bowl". Loser has to keep a gold toilet seat in their trophy case for one year.

The Bowl Game should be played somewhere nobody wants to go either. I vote for the game to be held at Shotwell Stadium in Abilene, TX!

They already played that bowl. Last Saturday. Washington vs. Washington State. Don't know who won becuz I hit "flush" before it was over.

DanG
11-25-2008, 07:18 AM
They already played that bowl. Last Saturday. Washington vs. Washington State. Don't know who won becuz I hit "flush" before it was over.
Good call and how fitting it went overtime.

The state of Washington is a gorgeous area of our Country, but they have seen better sporting times.

Between;

• Washington (football)
• Washington St. (football)
• Seahawks
• Mariners
• Super Sonics leaving
• Not to mention the demise of Starbucks

It’s been rough to say the least.

The Judge
11-25-2008, 09:53 AM
USC they beat Ohio State 35-3 a vitual shut-out Ohio lost to Penn State 13-6 . How can anyone say that USC wouldn't cream Texas or Alabama.

cj
11-25-2008, 10:43 AM
USC they beat Ohio State 35-3 a vitual shut-out Ohio lost to Penn State 13-6 . How can anyone say that USC wouldn't cream Texas or Alabama.

Maybe the could, but Ohio St played that game on the road without their best player and with a different QB.

rrbauer
11-25-2008, 11:20 AM

Why is Ohio State the benchmark?

cj
11-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Why is Ohio State the benchmark?

Yeah, why not Oregon St? They were blown out by Penn St and beat USC.

The Judge
11-25-2008, 01:19 PM
USC haters! I say look at the scores.

cj
11-25-2008, 02:36 PM
Scores vs Common Opponents, Oregon St and Ohio St.

USC 56, Opps 30
Penn St 58, Opps 20

USC 1-1
Penn St 2-0

You should be working for Penn St Judge. There is no way in hell they should be ahead of Penn St.

rrbauer
11-25-2008, 04:09 PM
USC haters! I say look at the scores.

I was a big USC fan for many years. Even in the beginning of Carroll's run. When they had superior athletes across the board in the Championship game with Texas and switched to a "soft" defense and let Vince Young run through them and around them in the 4th quarter to beat them it simply validated the UCLA mantra: Trojans bust under pressure.

cj's dad
11-25-2008, 05:09 PM
Good call and how fitting it went overtime.

The state of Washington is a gorgeous area of our Country, but they have seen better sporting times.

Between;

• Washington (football)
• Washington St. (football)
• Seahawks
• Mariners
• Super Sonics leaving
• Not to mention the demise of Starbucks

It’s been rough to say the least.

Congratulations- you have nearly word for word plagerized FOX tv's announcing crew just prior to the start of this Sundays Skins/Seahawks game.

DanG
11-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Congratulations- you have nearly word for word plagerized FOX tv's announcing crew just prior to the start of this Sundays Skins/Seahawks game.
Skins / Seahawks was in the Tampa market? I plagiarized a broadcast that I never saw….nice try. :ThmbDown:

Gee; I wonder what caused that baseless blast. :rolleyes: The ignore list hits three just in time for the holidays.

pktruckdriver
11-25-2008, 09:09 PM
SO MUCH HATE FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

CHILL OUT IT IS ONLY FOOTBALL, COLLEGE FOOTBALL

Or not

Go Gators

Patrick

cj's dad
11-25-2008, 11:39 PM
Skins / Seahawks was in the Tampa market? I plagiarized a broadcast that I never saw….nice try. :ThmbDown:

Gee; I wonder what caused that baseless blast. :rolleyes: The ignore list hits three just in time for the holidays.

How could I possibly know that you did or did not watch the game- have you heard of the various networks which offer the NFL package? Maybe you're a relocated Skins or Seahawks fan and did in fact see the game. Your post about poor Seattle was nearly verbatim from the FOX network team and there was even a graphic on air. Mighty suspicious for a blogger who seems to be crying out for attention. Guarantee that you read this because you will not hit "ignore", hoping beyond hope that someone answers your posts-loser.

rastajenk
11-25-2008, 11:54 PM
Seems kind of petty, Dad. I didn't see Skins/Hens, either, but I heard the same rundown on another game; must have made the rounds in the various pre-game production meetings. So what if it gets repeated here? It hardly qualifies as plagiarism.

DanG
11-26-2008, 08:19 AM
In between fun discussions of college football this thread takes the cake in bullshit. Next I’ll have to post my cable bill and we can review the tapes of Tampa affiliate football. I posted a thought that it turns out somebody at Fox thought of as well…just incredible. I thought it was as obvious as the crab cake on your face, but I guess Fox has a monopoly on the inept records of Washington sports teams

Football…gee I hope nobody has said this before.

Somebody at the very least is getting a scare this weekend.

Fla St, Auburn, Okla St, etc…would cut off their right arm to upset these hated rivals.

cj
11-26-2008, 09:22 AM
You're all class Dan.

DanG
11-26-2008, 11:04 AM
Somebody at the very least is getting a scare this weekend.

Fla St, Auburn, Okla St, etc…would cut off their right arm to upset these hated rivals.
On that train of thought…

Florida State is playing better and they could resurrect a bad several year run by knocking off Florida.

We have seen bigger dogs (-14) go down the last several years. Disclaimer; rooting for Florida I think the usual fan / paranoia is creeping in. :blush:

The same of course applies to Okla. St / and Bama is fortunate they are home because even a down Auburn goes insane for that match-up.

Good weekend ahead.

sammy the sage
11-26-2008, 03:16 PM
Fla..97
Ucla..06

could go on...but things HAPPEN!

GaryG
11-26-2008, 03:47 PM
even a down Auburn goes insane for that match-up. Dan, that is an understatement. Having lived in Alabama for several years (near Birmingham Downs) I can tell you that is the most intense rivalry I have ever seen. The saying is: Some schools in the north play for the old oaken bucket....Auburn and Alabama play for life itself.

cj's dad
11-26-2008, 04:18 PM
In between fun discussions of college football this thread takes the cake in bullshit. Next I’ll have to post my cable bill and we can review the tapes of Tampa affiliate football. I posted a thought that it turns out somebody at Fox thought of as well…just incredible. I thought it was as obvious as the crab cake on your face, but I guess Fox has a monopoly on the inept records of Washington sports teams

You disrespect my son you might as well do it to me. I KNEW you would not hit ignore and your reply proved it.

DanG
11-26-2008, 04:45 PM
Dan, that is an understatement. Having lived in Alabama for several years (near Birmingham Downs) I can tell you that is the most intense rivalry I have ever seen. The saying is: Some schools in the north play for the old oaken bucket....Auburn and Alabama play for life itself.
I’ve always wanted to go to that game Gary. Houses literally become divided and it’s even become crazier (if that’s possible) with all the behind the scenes recruiting sniping in the conference.

It’s like a power rating going into Florida / Florida St. Let the Noles get an early score and the adrenaline in that place will be off the charts.

I’m assuming it’s similar for Oklahoma at State, but I don’t have a good feel for that part of the country.

Someone is in for a cliff hanger at the very least.

BTW: Speaking of rivals…If anyone gets a chance to attend the Army / Navy game in Philly, it is a must and goes well beyond sports.