PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood, Golden Gate back on Twinspires

bob
11-21-2008, 03:06 PM
I just heard you can now bet Golden Gate and Hollywood on Twinspires as of today.

Jeff P
11-21-2008, 03:23 PM
One of my sources has told me that a deal has just been reached allowing CA track signals to go back out to the ADWs. If my source is correct this means that non CA ADW customers would be able to wager on CA tracks starting tonight.

Stay tuned for an official announcement later today.

-jp

Spendabuck85
11-21-2008, 03:43 PM
From Twinspires.com 11/21/08

TwinSpires.com is pleased to announce that Hollywood Park and Golden Gate Fields are available to all players starting today. TwinSpires.com is also planning to bring you racing action in 2009 from all of California's Thoroughbred meets in 2009 including the marquee meets from Santa Anita, Del Mar and Oak Tree.

Get started on Hollywood in a big way as they are featuring a $251,000 carryover for tonight's card.

DeanT
11-21-2008, 03:45 PM
Now I guess the question is:

Do players:

1) Bet HOL
2) Rather chew on broken glass

Only one answer is allowed :)

cj
11-21-2008, 03:47 PM
My initial thought is B, but I guess I can wait and see the details of the agreement. Maybe it favors betto...OK, I can't go, I'm laughing too freaking hard.

DeanT
11-21-2008, 03:50 PM
My initial thought is B, but I guess I can wait and see the details of the agreement. Maybe it favors betto...OK, I can't go, I'm laughing too freaking hard.

I was just thinking the same thing and asking that question to someone. Is this a "here is our product with nothng for bettors so come fall over yourselves and play like a lemming like you always do" or "we have heard the players concerns and are offering X to earn your business"

if the last 100 years are any indication I think it will be the former.

Charlie D
11-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Great news for Hollywood Park, the Horsemen and some ADW's maybe

bob
11-21-2008, 04:52 PM
The answer is A. Why would you not play Hollywood. It seems that most people just like to biatch no mater what. I just don't understand boycotting a track. I know they don't care about the bettor. I hate the current ADW situation. I will use another ADW, go to the OTB or play offshore but I won't allow the mismanagement of horseracing to thwart me in attempting to cash a ticket. If I like a horse at a certain track I will make sure I get a bet down somewhere instead of not betting the race because of ADW politics. Most folks on this board will not agree and I understand. I guess my stance is I could care less about the dsyfunctional politics and idiotic rules of horse racing and I will get my bet down regardless on how much they inconvenience me.

Charlie D
11-21-2008, 04:56 PM
The answer is A. Why would you not play Hollywood. It seems that most people just like to biatch no mater what. I just don't understand boycotting a track. I know they don't care about the bettor. I hate the current ADW situation. I will use another ADW, go to the OTB or play offshore but I won't allow the mismanagement of horseracing to thwart me in attempting to cash a ticket. If I like a horse at a certain track I will make sure I get a bet down somewhere instead of not betting the race because of ADW politics. Most folks on this board will not agree and I understand. I guess my stance is I could care less about the dsyfunctional politics and idiotic rules of horse racing and I will get my bet down regardless on how much they inconvenience me.

Fair enough Bob, but while people continue to bet they help the THG etc imo and not themselves or other bettors

Nothing changes, they will just continue to shaft us ALL

bob
11-21-2008, 05:03 PM
Nothing changes, they will just continue to shaft us ALL. :mad:

That we all can agree on!!

Jeff P
11-21-2008, 06:26 PM
ADW Agreement Reached in California
http://news.bloodhorse.com/article/48155.htm?id=48155

-jp

Southieboy
11-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Who do you think will be getting the TV signals for Del Mar and Oak Tree?

rrbauer
11-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Who do you think will be getting the TV signals for Del Mar and Oak Tree?

Everybody that wants them and is still in business!

rrbauer
11-21-2008, 07:07 PM

My money speaks for me (and my fingers on occasion). Where Hollywood, Calder, Churchill and any other track that THG has screwed over horseplayers are concerned it's no play from this boy. If your compulsion to bet is so strong that you will go to any end to get a bet down then that's your prerogative....but as to understanding why someone would boycott, from what you've posted, I doubt that you even try to understand.

DeanT
11-21-2008, 07:16 PM
ADW Agreement Reached in California
http://news.bloodhorse.com/article/48155.htm?id=48155

-jp

Boy is this business ever screwed.

Imriledup
11-22-2008, 03:51 AM

You don't play hollywood because its absolute garbage. The SO Cal product has fallen off the map since the implementation of synthetic. there's no meat on the bone, there is zero recreational money to be had. There's no edge, why not take this opportunity to make your voice heard. There's really nothing you HAVE to play. Take a vacation and enjoy life and come back to the betting wars when the racetracks start respecting the players.

Just say no