PDA

View Full Version : Just the tote

rusrious
11-20-2008, 05:22 PM
Hey folks, good afternoon,

Well, I took some time off, and got back into handicapping for the week,lol.. I go in spurts.. Anyways, heres how I did today, using just the tote board..

I at least was in the green for the day..:cool:

Is there anything I can do to boost my profits? I usually dont miss more then 2 times in a row ( same track ) Tomorrow, Im going to use progressive betting, with the same style as today, and also, cutting out or not beting on some that I did today..

Please give your input as to what I can do to get a bit better, PLEASE,lol..

My method I used today was 3rd best win wager off the tote, 2 minutes PT.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e52/rusrious/racing-1.jpg

rusrious
11-20-2008, 05:33 PM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e52/rusrious/racing-3.jpg

DanG
11-20-2008, 05:55 PM
It’s hard to comment when we have little idea what you’re basing these wagers on etc… :confused:

Off the top of my head…get out of “show-business” and for all practical purposes betting place as well.

Best of luck to you. :ThmbUp:

Track Collector
11-20-2008, 06:29 PM
I do not mean to discourage you, but to rather offer a dose of reality. Your results are based on WAY too few races, and the selection criteria is WAY too simple. Try your approach on paper for 3-6 months (or with $2 fun bets if you must), then calculate your profit or loss. Even 6 months can be too short of a time frame to learn whether or not an angle can be profitable over the long haul. Consider that successful handicapping techniques have been searched for and developed by some of the brightest and creative minds around, so very simple angles are sure to have been researched and discarded as unprofitable long ago.

That said, thru significant research and hard work you may be able to identify a sub-set of your current plays which in fact do yield a profit in the long run. From practical experience I can tell you that even with a such a strategy, be prepared for long losing streaks which will cause you to wonder whether the strategy really is successful in the long run.

Good Luck!!

rusrious
11-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the input.. Ive been dablin off and on for 10 years in handicapping, I wont stop, lol, I have fun doing it.. It sharpens the mind, for me anyways..

Ive tryed alot of angles, and this time, Im just trying simple things. Horse racing, as we all know, is very difficult to master, next to imposible, because the outcome is not predictable, which makes the whole luck excitement part cool,lol.. JMO..

Im not going to be sitting here slammin down $100's of dollars, Im a short change player.

Like today, ML, 3rd best, to place..

Allday..

raybo
11-22-2008, 01:42 PM
It’s hard to comment when we have little idea what you’re basing these wagers on etc… :confused:

Off the top of my head…get out of “show-business” and for all practical purposes betting place as well.

Best of luck to you. :ThmbUp:

I agree, looking at the chart he furnished, I can't tell what he is doing.