PDA

View Full Version : a foreign view on CURRENT mess..no political side

sammy the sage
11-19-2008, 07:38 AM
not playing the blame game here w/political party's...which every-one here wants to do...

just an impartial bystander looking in...very INTERESTING viewpoints...unfortunately...I agree w/many...

http://www.energybulletin.net/node/47157

Powder River Gin
11-19-2008, 09:43 AM
Seems like an engineer's perspective of "the sky is falling". :confused:

rastajenk
11-19-2008, 09:48 AM
Way too long for my short attention span. I couldn't even find a synopsis or summary, and he lost me in the first 'graph when he called the US a failed superpower.

GameTheory
11-19-2008, 10:31 AM
Interesting stuff, but he really goes off the rails by the end. He does not understand America...

sally
11-19-2008, 11:27 AM
I think he's a little excessive in his belief that we may be heading for a cultural collapse, but his prediction of a commercial collapse is quite possible. I read a lot of survival books and there's this thing called "confirmation bias" where you see things in your environment in a way that confirms what you want to believe - ie. why most of us ignored the housing bubble and it's consequences...we want to believe our retirement IRA's etc., are safe and cozy and making us money. This financial crisis has been looming for some time and we all ignored it (except for the few who could get past this "confirmation bias" like Peter Schiff.)

Wish I had my nose out of these survival books and into the financial papers more this past year, but then, would I have seen this "credit tsunami"?

Probably not. :(